Thread: dragonwrath

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olo View Post
    it shouldn't but it seems like something they would overlook
    Like 2.9 (or was it 3.0) conflagrate..

Question is Does it Double Dip from Curse of Elements AND Bane of Havoc

Incinerate hit for 20k, BoH hit for 3k, Tarecgosa proc for 20k, BoH hit for another 3k

Without CoE, Incinerate hit for 18400, BoH hit for 2760, Tarecgo proc for 18400, BoH hit for another 2760

Is it REALLY hard to understand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Deleted
    I can imagine some nasty dps from affliction locks lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Badde View Post
    I can imagine some nasty dps from affliction locks lol!
    Statistically the staff should give the same damage % increase for all classses /speccs in the long run.
    The small thing that might differ, is pet classes, (since pet abilitys wont double), BUT they claim to have taken that into consideration -> 5% procc chance is 5% dmg increase for ALL classes/speccs since they have stated it proccs of individual dmg ticks/hits on with NO ICD.

(edit: only difference i can think of is MAYBE arcane mastery, but that is VERY unlikely)

if only this also Procced on fel hunters Shadow Bite

/drool

*edit

seeing how it affects dots this may means Bane of Agony will replace Bane of Doom in long single target fights again

Deleted
    dude, if you increased agony's damage by 100% and doom's damage also by 100%, does that mean the priority between the 2 changes? math si so hard..

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    dude, if you increased agony's damage by 100% and doom's damage also by 100%, does that mean the priority between the 2 changes? math si so hard..

im thinking that DOOm does 15k dmg every 15 seconds for a minute and Bane of Agony does 15k over 30 seconds but it ticks every few seconds and slowly gets higher + benefits from haste

seeing how Dragonwrath has a chance to double a dots ticking dmg it means Agony could potentially tick and hti for well more

Deleted
    agony will have more procs for shit dmg, doom will have fewer procs for great damage. this staff souldn't really change our rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Higher proc chance for pet specs ... WARLOCK WEAPON
    Erm, higher chance with pet specs because it doesn't proc from your pets abilities. So it has a higher chance so you gain the same benefit as everyone else instead of less. That really doesn't make it the best for you, it makes it very good for everyone.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Erm, higher chance with pet specs because it doesn't proc from your pets abilities. So it has a higher chance so you gain the same benefit as everyone else instead of less. That really doesn't make it the best for you, it makes it very good for everyone.
    They never said it can't pro from pet abilities it said that classes with high pet damage have been adjusted accordingly

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Our goal is to tune Dragonwrath in such a way that you can give it to any caster without anticipating certain classes or specs getting a bigger benefit than others.
    What is difficult about this to -get- when it comes to working out whether a class or spec would benefit more from it - the intention is clear: None will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsmith06 View Post
    They never said it can't pro from pet abilities it said that classes with high pet damage have been adjusted accordingly
    and what does that mean to u?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It means I take things as they ate said, so I'm leaving that door open but regarding what you said earlier doom will still be better is rather wait 15 arcs for a chance at an 84k pro then once every few for 5k

Quote Originally Posted by bobsmith06 View Post
    Unless your imp is weilding the Legendary themselves they will not get it to proc from their own attacks. If they did, then there would be absolutely no reason for them to change the proc chance for Pet classes.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Unless your imp is weilding the Legendary themselves they will not get it to proc from their own attacks. If they did, then there would be absolutely no reason for them to change the proc chance for Pet classes.
    This, making it procc from pet attacks AND making the procc chance higher would be stupid OP and default it to pet classes.

Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
    Question is Does it Double Dip from Curse of Elements AND Bane of Havoc
    Oh gawd ... I hadn't even thought about Bane of Havoc ... Destro is going to be BEAST. Same for Afflic with soul-swap multidotting.

Man ... locks are going to just kill it with this thing and the higher proc chance for pet specs. I honestly for the first time wish we had tri-spec, because I want to use this thing with each spec. If it works with ticks of aoe, then Demo will be unstoppable on aoe fights. Immolation aura + Shadowflame + Hellfire all ticking ...

Afflic and destro for two-target fights ... oh man ...

I also kinda think it's funny that 3 of the 4 pet specs that will see a higher proc chance are from the same class, especially with Frost being relatively weak atm (haven't looked to see if they're getting buffed in 4.2).

---------- Post added 2011-06-16 at 08:39 AM ----------

lol sorry, this was mostly a poke at all the "mage weapon" comments we'd been seeing before they announced no ICD and higher proc chance for pet specs :P
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2011-06-16 at 08:38 AM. Reason: early post