Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    I would really like a option to start only fresh instance. In cases like ZA where there is a timer and chests involved. If i want an item from the chest and I get put into a failed timer.
    there is a simple way: just build a group yourself, like we all did year for year. find a guild, make friends. it's not a singleplayer game where the computer picks cool buddies to play with for you (ok, with dungeon finder it is). someday you expect from wow that it will make you a sammich.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    The random queue awards you the VPs because you're agreeing to help out any party the system needs to put you in. The system is so popular you often get fresh runs, but some times you have to help out a dungeon in progress. Helping out these dungeons is what the random system does. It is why you get the VPs.

If you do not agree to helping out other parties who have lost a member and need to fill a gap, you need to queue for a specific dungeon. You're not getting the VPs, but thats because you're not helping out the system. You will however get a full clear.

You do not get VPs because "its random therefore harder to know the tactics", you're getting VPs because you're helping out the system complete parties who are short on members.
    Well said.

im sick of getting fresh dungeons constantly on all my chars i just want the VP i dont wnaan constantly clear everything if it zg and they wana clear all including all mini bosses i just leave since the only reason i do them atm is to add to my raiding vp for the boots

sice 4.3 is next week ill have a different attatude if i pug on him

10+ Year Old Account
    When I queue for my healer CtA satchel, I often get half-finished dungeons. Sometimes only Jin'do remains. Sometimes people say "finally a capable healer" and we one-shot it. Other times, it's an hour of wiping before it's finally done. I don't care. My main character is only in it for the satchel and out of boredom ^^

On my DPS alts, it's frustrating to get half-finished dungeons. Many times have I entered an in-progress ZG on my shadow priest and warlock alts, only to find out that either Mandokir was down already and/or that nobody had levelled their archaeology (sorry, but levelling it on alts isn't really something that I'm desperate enough to do). It's also very disappointing from the view point that you've spent 30 minutes in that queue only to not even get a chance at what you would have liked to farm

Alas... not much you can do about it aside from forming a premade.
    Last edited by Seriss; 2011-06-15 at 01:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind it, as arrogant as it may sound, it gets me out of there faster. I only queue for the non ZA/ZG heroics, it's what my sanity will allow. I tried to pug ZG once and it took 3 hours to finally clear it all...never again, I'll only do it with my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    I believe you used to be able to see if it was in progress or not but they changed it so now you can't when you queue for a random dungeon.
    you can only see the progrees if you queue for a specific dungeon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    sice 4.3 is next week ill have a different attatude if i pug on him
    I don't ever want to hear anyone complain about slow content release ever again. Evidently 4.3 is coming out ahead of 4.2.

OT: I often times love getting partially completed groups because its a shorter road to my VP. I don't really need anything from any of the regular heroics and the ZA/ZG heroics are entirely too annoying for me to want to run so the faster I get VP the faster I can requeue.

Deleted
    Joining a Pug and standing in front of the endboss = win
    It only took me 5minutes to get my satchel on my shortest run. 1min to explain everything und 4min to beat the boss.

Deleted
    It annoyed me when i queued up as DPS for 30 minutes to do 5 minutes of a dungeon, yet when i'm spamming HC's on my tank to get JP/VP i prefer to queue for 1 minute and be done in 5.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullum View Post
    seing as i only run em for valor im bloody happy when i join runs allmost at or at the last boss
    Same, I hate having to go through everything. I just want the valor.
    I love you forever and ever and then some times two

10+ Year Old Account
    It sucks when I want to farm JP or gear, but if I just want to get my VP for the day a half cleared ZA is great.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    hmmm i like it on my tank becuas ei usually end up on the last boss when im farming vp , so i get my vp and a satchel for 1 or 2 bosses.
    i have a talent where i can usually get any group to work well together :P
    up to downing the last boss in ZG with all 3 dps doing about 5k dps :P

it was annoying when i needed gear from there though.

I love it when I join a heroic and they're almost done. I only do it for the VP's.

I pray for almost done dungeons. Most of the time, it's just that someone had to bail, and the run goes smoothly.

Even when it's only the "bads" left, now that I'm in the group, we will get it done. Not because I'm an awesome elite super wow player, but because I don't mind taking 2 minutes to give people tips on what they could improve, or explaining what strategies we should use because they don't outgear the instance.

I really do empathize with the OP. On my tank/healer I pray for dungeons being half done. On my dps I am always like... oh man!

Just to point out, anyone else find a common ground with people hating these dungeons so much that the major consensus in some ways appears to be

"just get me the fuck out of here"

lol looks like more people vote for half...eh no best is the dungeon drop me on jindo and dakaraa
    sorry im a tank, i need to see less fail and get fast VP/bag

i dun hate ZAZG, i just dun like the trash pulls,
    but if compare
    i love ZG if i must start anew
    compare ZG and ZA

You'll only get the "dungeon in progress" message if the group you're joining has killed a boss. If they haven't killed any bosses/have no reason to be saved to the instance, it'll tell you its a fresh run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon groups should immediately dissolve if a player leaves for any reason. (Excluding disconnects.)
    A group that kicks a player would not be subject to this.

This will make people think long and hard about acting like dickbags, because if someone leaves because of their shit, the group disbands. It'd also make people try a little harder, so that people don't leave because of how bad they suck.

It would also end the 'dungeon in progress' where someone has left because the group was awful. The remainder would only be because someone was bad enough that the rest of the group wanted them gone.

I realize that a system like this would be subject to trolling - people joining just to make others have to re-queue - but the system already is very trollable; there's no such thing as a system that a dedicated troll can't troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Dungeon groups should immediately dissolve if a player leaves for any reason. (Excluding disconnects.)
    A group that kicks a player would not be subject to this.
    You're throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I've seen so many runs that improved when someone ragequit it isn't funny. Just this morning, had a group wipe on the first boss of BRC. So, before the second pull, the tank explained the fight just to make sure, and then pulled. One of the DPS decided we were all idiots and that just leaving wasn't good enough, so he pulled some extra adds into the fight then dropped group. Surprise, surprise, not only did we not wipe, but noone died. Heck, noone died for the rest of the run. It was a fast and clean run, other than that first wipe, and your rule would make it so that didn't happen. Instead, I would have had to have requeued, except that I didn't have time to queue again, I would have just lost out completely.

This weekend, I dropped into a group stuck on the third boss in Grim Batol. After a few wipes because some of the worst play I've ever seen, everyone dropped group and left except me. Given the choice between bailing and waiting in queue again or just saying "Yes, fill out the group, we'll finish this." I went with the latter. Again, a smooth run that finished before my DPS queue would have popped.

I see the problem you're trying to fix, but I think the fix is far worse than the problem.

I find it slightly annoying for multi-character accounts. I actively play 3 characters, resto shaman as a main and 2 dps alts. Randomness of LFD makes it so I very often join fresh instance on my resto shaman, who does not need anything from there. It is exactly the opposite for my 2 dps alts who are forced to wait 20-30 minutes in a queue to join an instance with just 1 or 2 bosses left. That is double-piss due to long queue and the fact I can not get my upgrades, for which I run it in the first place (VP gain is too tiny...).
    They should add an option "fresh run only", which would be good for alts. "Run in progress" should never be the option though...ever.