Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ok thanks guys, will change that. I didn't actually change the BCLK to 103, but will change it back to 100 and set multiplier to 46, I set the clock volt thing or something to 1.35 so I guess it fluatuates itself but wont go over 1.359. Will also run that other test once I've changed the BCLK and multiplier. With those previous settings running prime95 for an hour I hit 73c max in one core, rest 69-70 and it's a hot day here.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post
    Ok thanks guys, will change that. I didn't actually change the BCLK to 103, but will change it back to 100 and set multiplier to 46, I set the clock volt thing or something to 1.35 so I guess it fluatuates itself but wont go over 1.359. Will also run that other test once I've changed the BCLK and multiplier. With those previous settings running prime95 for an hour I hit 73c max in one core, rest 69-70 and it's a hot day here.
    You weren't using anything like an Asus EZ-OC or whatever type of tool, were you? In the BIOS you just want to go straight to the advanced Ai tweaking options and up the turbo multiplier, essentially.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I did originally use the EZ-OC thing just to see what it got but it only OC'd to like 3.6 or so. I then changed it manually, it probably changed those settings. Anyway, set stuff as you suggested and getting this:

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1980309

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...e07/system.jpg

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did originally use the EZ-OC thing just to see what it got but it only OC'd to like 3.6 or so. I then changed it manually, it probably changed those settings. Anyway, set stuff as you suggested and getting this:

Nice voltage on the CPU! :O And careful of the temps there. What heatsink/thermal paste do you use?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The screenshot with the temps was at full load, 39/40 on the intel burn test it stays at around 33-40 on all CPU's during standard usage.
    Thermal paste is whatever was in the box and using the coolermaster 212 hyper plus.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Nice, those are really close to my settings, although, that's what my auto does, are you running auto or setting the vcore?

---------- Post added 2011-09-02 at 07:34 AM ----------

The screenshot with the temps was at full load, 39/40 on the intel burn test it stays at around 33-40 on all CPU's during standard usage.
    Thermal paste is whatever was in the box and using the coolermaster 212 hyper plus.
    I'm using some of that shin-etsu stuff. Have you pushed it further?
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Well I set vcore to 1.35 but I think some auto smart setting thing takes it lower than that when it can and uses that as like a target? Not really sure, first time I've done any OC'ing and I havn't tried to push it any further no, 4.6 is quite enough for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I set vcore to 1.35 but I think some auto smart setting thing takes it lower than that when it can and uses that as like a target? Not really sure, first time I've done any OC'ing and I havn't tried to push it any further no, 4.6 is quite enough for me.
    It's vdroop and I won't pretend I know the half of it, other than that under load, it reduces voltage, and it's probably good for the VRMs, heat output, etc that it does so.

Too much vdroop and you get a hard time finding good overclocking settings. Say if I have to set the voltage to 1.5 because it will go towards 1.4 under load and my fictional 4.8GHz requires 1.4 under those conditions. So to combat vdroop many motherboards have a LLC (load line calibration) setting, often with different levels on how much vdroop it will reduce.

---------- Post added 2011-09-02 at 09:09 PM ----------

New overclocking bump.

Name: Wries
    Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K
    Clock: 4.7 GHz
    Voltage: ~1.340 (VID with -15 offset, LLC set on the asus term "ultra high")
    Cooler: Antec Kühler 620 with Scythe GT 1850RPM set as Push. No pull.
    Screenshot LINK: http://web.comhem.se/ted-filer/cpu/110902.jpg
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1980849

Other notes: Hyperthreading still on. 0.1 jump up so no life changing experience over here. Heck I used to run 4.8 half a year ago, but now primary focus is keeping power saving options on and PLL overvoltage off and then see how far I can go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Bleh, that means I have to up my i5-760 to 4.2 again, and force my poor chip to 1.32vCore. *cries*
    The most i've had out of this was 4.4 stable but I wasn't too fond of the temp's, hence dropping back down to 4ghz where in the area I live and all the building, I dont have to clean my rig every month to keep the temps low

Quote Originally Posted by invizion View Post
    The most i've had out of this was 4.4 stable but I wasn't too fond of the temp's, hence dropping back down to 4ghz where in the area I live and all the building, I dont have to clean my rig every month to keep the temps low
    I hear ya. I've gotten 22x200 to work, but I'm not fond of the voltage.

I've also managed 4 539 (267*17) but not since I added two new 2048MiB RAM DIMMs, for 8 GiB total; The two new sticks don't like using six as a multiplier. :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Your screenshot shows your CPU hitting the 60s, not 39-40. Be sure to not confuse the actual core temp and distance to tjMax. You still have plenty of room thermally, but I wanted to make sure you weren't continuing to read Real Temp wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Your screenshot shows your CPU hitting the 60s, not 39-40. Be sure to not confuse the actual core temp and distance to tjMax. You still have plenty of room thermally, but I wanted to make sure you weren't continuing to read Real Temp wrong.
    "The screenshot with the temps was at full load, 39 out of 40 tests on the intel burn test (100% usage). It stays at around 33-40 on all CPU's during standard usage (10-20 usage).
    Thermal paste is whatever was in the box and using the coolermaster 212 hyper plus."

Maybe a full stop and some extra explanation was needed there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Actually, it shows the max temp to be hitting 80s...

Name:Zexal
    Processor:intel i5 650 clarkdale
    Clock:4.1
    Voltage:auto, between 1.0 to 1.33 in full load
    Cooler:some cheap corsair liquid cooling
    Screenshot LINK:img217.imageshack.us/img217/4199/coretempscrj.png
    Valid CPU-Z link:valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1981941.png

i never really posted on mmo but i browsed it everyday for the past 4 years or lol
    keep in mind im really new to overclocking , so any advise is well appreciated.
    i was able to pull by watching vids on you tube from the ncix tech guy heh
    and i cant post url yet =(

---------- Post added 2011-09-03 at 01:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zexal View Post
    Valid CPU-Z link:valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1981994

i never really posted on mmo but i browsed it everyday for the past 4 years or lol

the core temp is showing my temps right after running a intelburn test on maximum wich my setting passed ... it only took like 4 rerstart to get that and its been stable for over 8hours now playing deus ex on pretty much max settings

1 more thing , when you print screen with the keyboard where does that file go so i can upload it to imageshack

found it:valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1981994
    Last edited by Zexal; 2011-09-03 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexal View Post
    Valid CPU-Z link:valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1981941.png

---------- Post added 2011-09-03 at 01:49 PM ----------

the core temp is showing my temps right after running a intelburn test on maximum wich my setting passed ... it only took like 4 rerstart to get that and its been stable for over 8hours now playing deus ex on pretty much max settings

1 more thing , when you print screen with the keyboard where does that file go so i can upload it to imageshack

found it:valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1981994
    It goes to the memory afaik. You need to paste it to something like paint and then save to keep the image.

15+ Year Old Account
    "The screenshot with the temps was at full load, 39 out of 40 tests on the intel burn test (100% usage). It stays at around 33-40 on all CPU's during standard usage (10-20 usage).
    Thermal paste is whatever was in the box and using the coolermaster 212 hyper plus."

Maybe a full stop and some extra explanation was needed there.
    More likely a definition of "standard usage", considering that idle, web browsing, or even WoW doesn't matter for max temp or stability.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominouscloud View Post
    Actually, it shows the max temp to be hitting 80s...
    Oops. I was looking at current temp, not max.

Name: Dedweight
    Processor: Intel i7-920 Bloomfield
    Clock: 3.6GHz
    Voltage: 1.225(Bios setting)
    Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper +212(single fan, need to get a second at some point)
    Screenshot LINK: http://i.imgur.com/WjkvO.jpg
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1991839

Prime95 has only been running for about a half hour and Hyper-threading is disabled(hence the 4 workers vs the normal 8 you saw in the previous posts for this chip) for this screenshot but have been running fairly stable at this speed for a few weeks. I'll probably end up pushing it farther once I get a second fan and it starts to cool off a bit here.

Name: GLaDoS
    Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K
    Clock: 4.6Ghz
    Voltage: 1.290 in bios
    Cooler: CM hyper 212+
    Screenshot LINK: http://s7.directupload.net/images/110913/2njlvmc7.jpg
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1996983

ps: HWMonitor reports a constant 3° lower on each core. Which one should I believe?
    Last edited by Nebthet; 2011-09-13 at 10:25 AM.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiistz View Post
    Name: Twiistz
    Clock: 4700 Mhz
    Voltage: 1.336 V (1.35 V in BIOS)
    Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
    Screenshot LINK: http://i.imgur.com/fUTEc.jpg
    Valid CPU-Z link:

First time overclocking a CPU, pretty happy so far. Going to try lower the voltage later tonight.
    Today, I tried pushing me chip a bit further.
    I went 4800 Mhz with 1.39 V (set manually in BIOS). It completed 30 runs of Intel Burn Test v2.52 first time! Now I don't if I should try and lower the voltage or see if I can go 4.9 Ghz with the same volt.
    Gonna post a picture during test abit later to validate.

EDIT:
    - Btw, it seems like Core Temp and CPU-Z are showing different CPU voltage. At idle Core temp shows 0.97 V and CPU-Z shows 1.4 V.
    - Posting pics of a new quick test to show my temps.
    - Which stress test gives the highest temps? P95 or IBTv2.52

New OC bump:
    Name: Twiistz
    Clock: 4800 Mhz
    Voltage: 1.390V in BIOS
    Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
    Screenshot LINK: http://i.imgur.com/dqcw8.jpg
    Valid CPU-Z link:
    Last edited by Twiistz; 2011-09-12 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiistz View Post
    - Which stress test gives the highest temps? P95 or IBTv2.52
    IBT makes my cpu get to 81° while 72 on P95, so I'd say IBT.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.