Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    lol.... americans... they have no need for bb's guns, since they can go and buy a real one about the same time that we would buy a bb gun... the difference is you can shoot someone in the face with a 9mm (style) bbgun and not kill them
    But you could shoot your eye out!
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

lol.... americans... they have no need for bb's guns, since they can go and buy a real one about the same time that we would buy a bb gun... the difference is you can shoot someone in the face with a 9mm (style) bbgun and not kill them
    No, you wouldn't kill them, but you would horrifically scar them for life.

I'd rather go into my brother's gun store and get myself a real rifle

OT: To those of you actually spreading your TIM around with a finger or a bag or something, STOP. Spreading it around like that causes air bubbles and pockets to form, this is bad juju for your processor. The best thing to do is to just let the force and pressure of your heatsink spread it around by itself, thus automatically eliminating any air bubbles and pockets and creating a tightly sealed, pressurized fit.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Hm. Never heard of.
    There for shooting eyes out, thats all

10+ Year Old Account
    use only a quality TIM, i prefer Arctic Silver S

I place a small globe on the center of the cpu and then spread it around with a razor blade till i have a thin semi transparent layer covering the entire cpu, this ensures plenty of metal-to-metal contact while leaving enough TIM to fill in the gaps

and my bb gun will kill someone, would probably go clean through a skull if you shot someone in the face

I follow the instructions according to this site

http://www.arcticsilver.com/instructions.htm

Using a product as directed is the "best" way.
    Last edited by firstoni; 2011-06-15 at 06:14 PM.

The "Best" TIM Application Technique can vary based upon what style HS/HSF you are using

BenchmarkReviews did a great writeup on the different application techniques per each HSF style.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    You're clearly not going "at full load" if you're not going at too high temps. >>
    im running a boxed i7-960 and haven't used my themal pasta on it, im running 70 degrees max at 4 ghz overclock.... no need for it realy..

[User has received an infraction for this thread necro. - Cilraaz]
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-09-09 at 01:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quisari View Post
    im running a boxed i7-960 and haven't used my themal pasta on it, im running 70 degrees max at 4 ghz overclock.... no need for it realy..
    Thermal Pasta!? Awesome! I want some!

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thermal Pasta!? Awesome! I want some!
    Probably turned to pasta since this thread is like 3 months old.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Quisari View Post
    Tell me, what exactly prompted you to dig up this thread in the first place? And why, oh dear god why, do you have to fail so terribly at following the discussion you're three months late interjecting your pisstake into?

You've either got graphite instead of thermal paste or you're lying your ass off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Tell me, what exactly prompted you to dig up this thread in the first place? And why, oh dear god why, do you have to fail so terribly at following the discussion you're three months late interjecting your pisstake into?

You've either got graphite instead of thermal paste or you're lying your ass off.
    (Psst.... its still in the box!)

[User has received an infraction for image spam. - Cilraaz]
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-09-09 at 01:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Little Dot, then use a Plastic bag wrapp around finger slowly slidde it on and then the Heat of the CPU dos the rest

I used the dot and press method, seems to be working well. Might remove it and redo it sometime though, not sure if i put quite enough on.

Also, word of warning, my hypercooler 212 said the heatsink was sharp, and they weren't kidding. I got a few cuts on my fingers from pressing it down and turning it side to side a bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Locking. The post is 3 months old and necro'd with a useless comment.