Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well, they did remove half of the animation, so it is less flashy.
    (The fireworks are PoH, obviously.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I going crazy or is that the exact same animation DA used to have before it got changed to the same as PW:S?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenderoni View Post
    Am I going crazy or is that the exact same animation DA used to have before it got changed to the same as PW:S?
    The only significant change was an animated "rune circle" that appeared just before the bubble. So, technically, this animation is "cleaner," but to the casual observer, there really isn't any difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenderoni View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7z5odb8SY0

:10 will show the old DA

Deleted
    What do you think about the new castable shield?
    I think it was suggested by spiritus long ago. What niche do you think it will occupy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    What do you think about the new castable shield?
    I think it was suggested by spiritus long ago. What niche do you think it will occupy?
    It wasn't suggested by Spiritus. It was suggested by the blues themselves! It's just Spiritus never forgot about it, and kept bringing it up whenever possible saying "Hey guys, remember that thing with the thing? Yeah... Whatever happened to that?"
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    Priest community: "Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Now (and pretty much most of Cataclysm) is the time of the Discipline Priest."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Priest community: "Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Now (and pretty much most of Cataclysm) is the time of the Discipline Priest."
    I also remember him dieing after those words.. :-P

Deleted
    I' just not sure which place it will occupy in our arsenal. When will we be casting this shield? Why cast this shield instead of GH for exemple?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just glad to see that DA is mostly back. Now to get the push that penance gave back

---------- Post added 2011-11-11 at 08:36 AM ----------

The way I've read about "Spirit Shield" is that its a tank shield, and no weakened soul debuff occurs. I'm still interested in seeing how this works.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    I' just not sure which place it will occupy in our arsenal. When will we be casting this shield? Why cast this shield instead of GH for exemple?
    I'm guessing it'll basically replace GH as the spam filler for tank healing. Will be kind of hard to balance though because of absorb mechanics on tanks (basically guaranteed 0 overheal). Either it'll be too good or not really worth casting at all.

Actually, assuming they manage to put Heal back on the cast bars, I would assume that Spirit Shield would be its equivalent for Discipline. That way it can still up the output with real heals (they don't want a 100% absorb based healer) when required.

That said, people can point at Smite, but I would not be surprised at this point if Atonement became baseline (thus how "Evangelism matters to all priests").

15+ Year Old Account
    *shrug* Spirit Shell is too easy to abuse. Can it be stacked? Can it be counted from multiple Priests? Cooldown? Mana Cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyra View Post
    I also remember him dieing after those words.. :-P
    I was Horde at the time, so not for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Actually, assuming they manage to put Heal back on the cast bars, I would assume that Spirit Shield would be its equivalent for Discipline. That way it can still up the output with real heals (they don't want a 100% absorb based healer) when required.

That said, people can point at Smite, but I would not be surprised at this point if Atonement became baseline (thus how "Evangelism matters to all priests").
    I would like to have a smaller spell that I actually used once in a while, and it seems like it could have a good niche there.

off-topic *omg sailor mercury! thats fabulous =D *

Quote Originally Posted by tomehere View Post
    I would like to have a smaller spell that I actually used once in a while, and it seems like it could have a good niche there.
    Small heals have a niche when mana matters, because of their high efficiency. If it takes scrapping Intellect regen to realize a triage based model, then so be it. And of course, I encourage everyone to blame Druids for the state of Cataclysm healing. They're more at fault than Paladins ever could be.

off-topic *omg sailor mercury! thats fabulous =D *
    I was looking for something that wasn't Starbuck. I've got a great idea for my next one though, all I need is to find it

I'm surpriesed it took them so long to announce this change to regen. To be honest I still think they would have to get rid off all regen scaling if they want don't want spells to become obsolete with better gear at max level.

I think this "spirit shield" will replace heal for disc priests. Which is nice since usually in a raid setting hot's from resto druids and the occasional holy priest will be rolling basically replacing the need to use heal at all except for divine aegis. Spirit shell + bitch load of hot's on tank = not worry about tank during low damage periods (fuck you atonement priests!). Lets just hope spirit shell does not have a CD :'( and it stacks with PW:S (you never know!)

Logically I can't see this stacking with other Disc priests unless the shield is actually pretty weak. Meaning more then 1 (maybe 2) disc priests in a 25 man raid setting would be overkill. They would just be competing for hps from both their shields D:
    Last edited by zito; 2011-11-14 at 10:59 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always thought that topping people up is a big part of healer's job. I completely understand that a tank with 100K HP and 50K shield on is practically the same as a tank with 150K HP but there is something about half HP bars that really bother me. Also if absorbs get too much focus on dics priest's healing style it'll make stacking them very inefficient. I'm saying we should be stacking disc priests but stacking them shouldn't cause any more trouble than stacking any other healer.

I don't know what they are planning for this new absorb but I hope it doesn't change us from "heal/absorb oriented" healer to "fully absorb based" healer.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

If it is the equivalent of a small heal and not a big one i see no problem why they wouldn't allow one of them per disc priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    If it is the equivalent of a small heal and not a big one i see no problem why they wouldn't allow one of them per disc priest.
    Because absorbs are so potent and are basically a fail safe. lets say a tank has 150k hp, he fights a boss and a mistake happens and he gets hit for 156k. If he had a shield on him that absorbs 25k, that shield just saved his life and he is quickly topped back up to continue the fight. Hot's don't prevent that, they heal not stop incoming damage, incoming direct heals don't stop that 150k hit either so with no shield the tank is dead and it is a wipe.

Now imagine having 7 disc priests all with bubbles that stack, all with PWB, all with PI. Would you bother bringing anyone else?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.