Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is probably one of the reasons why I went engineering.

Created about 200 scrapbots. If it looks close to breaking, I'll throw one down in the middle of freaking combat, if I have to, and repair it.

It really is incredibly annoying.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guild has lots of engineers. I repair every 3/4 wipes or when I see my weapon get to about 40%, never lower. I haven't had any problems with my weapon breaking. It's just good practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    I think you asked a question that you just now realize you knew the answer to, and are now back-peddaling. It's ok, just remember there are no dumb questions, only........

If you understand how durability is lost every shot we take, who the eff cares of wild quiver counts or not? We fire so many friggin shots while raiding you should repair enough between a few wipes to have it never become a problem. If you do forget and see a yellow or red bow, then...herp derp it's time to repair, not blame wether or not wild quiver is to blame and if blizzard thought about that before making your bow break.
    Do you want me to quote the bloody topic titel? "Is wild quiver intended to crush your durability?"
    Do you want me to quote some more? " So at the 4th boss in BWL, chimaeron in this case I found that my xbow broke midfight, why? well of crouse it was wild quiver. All my gear was at 40% dura but my bow was dead. b Is this yet again one of those hunter bugs that blizzard cant be arsed to fix or is this intended? "
    Look at this, read it, 5 times. I clearly stated that I knew WQ was the reason but I asked if it was intended not why, you idiot. /facepalm

I always carry a second ranged around, sadly I do only got 1 372 weapon. I always rep when we got the repbot out. In this case we only had wiped around 4-6 times considering the durability was at 60-40% on all the other gear so no one else really needed a repbot. My UI does not show the funny guy with yellow and red armor, when I think of it I really should make him show or get a mod which makes sure that I know when the gun has gone to hell and nothing else have.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Same thing happened with the bow from icc 25 zodds or what ever it was called which had a chance to fire an extra arrow

Quote Originally Posted by jaksan View Post
    Do you want me to quote the bloody topic titel? "Is wild quiver intended to crush your durability?"
    Do you want me to quote some more? " So at the 4th boss in BWL, chimaeron in this case I found that my xbow broke midfight, why? well of crouse it was wild quiver. All my gear was at 40% dura but my bow was dead. b Is this yet again one of those hunter bugs that blizzard cant be arsed to fix or is this intended? "
    Look at this, read it, 5 times. I clearly stated that I knew WQ was the reason but I asked if it was intended not why, you idiot. /facepalm

I always carry a second ranged around, sadly I do only got 1 372 weapon. I always rep when we got the repbot out. In this case we only had wiped around 4-6 times considering the durability was at 60-40% on all the other gear so no one else really needed a repbot. My UI does not show the funny guy with yellow and red armor, when I think of it I really should make him show or get a mod which makes sure that I know when the gun has gone to hell and nothing else have.
    Yet again, I will point out you answering your own question. Call me an idiot all you want, but everytime you open your mouth (or type :P) you prove more and more how much of one you are.

Your UI doesn''t show the yellow and red armor? Which addon do you use to remove it then cause it's a default blizz setting that automatically shows up?

I play both a protection warrior(Main Tank at that) and my hunter as dps I can clarify that the hunters bow breaks faster than anything in comparison between the two, and that's even when im NOT raiding on the hunter. It's really sad, but my fury offspec with 2 weapons swinging the whole time i never lose anywhere close to the durability of the bow, it's not the same amounts regardless of what people say. It breaks faster period and needs to be fixed by blizz.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Yes wild quiver does affect durability like the user above stated. My gear generally sits around 40% while my bow breaks. Simply using a weapon in general won't make it break faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    most of our hunters and tanks have alternate shields and bows with them. we get multiple heroic drops : /

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    Yet again, I will point out you answering your own question. Call me an idiot all you want, but everytime you open your mouth (or type :P) you prove more and more how much of one you are.

Your UI doesn''t show the yellow and red armor? Which addon do you use to remove it then cause it's a default blizz setting that automatically shows up?
    Wow you clearly are stupid. The thing you bolded did not answer my question as the question was if WQ was intended to affect durability.
    Ask your mother to read this "Is this yet again one of those hutner bugs that blizzard cant be arsed to fix or is this intended? " and the topic, maybe she cna explain to you.
    Also go and check intended and bug out in a dictonary. Everytime you write an reply to me it makes me cry a little inside.

Let me line this up for you. I asked if WQ was intended to affect durability or if it was a bug. I said WQ did affect durability but I never said if it was a bug as I do not know, hence the god damn question about it. This is probably to complex for you to understand but ask someone else to explain it for you as I am getting nowhere with you
    Last edited by jaksan; 2011-06-16 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaksan View Post
    So at the 4th boss in BWL, chimaeron in this case I found that my xbow broke midfight, why? well of crouse it was wild quiver. All my gear was at 40% dura but my bow was dead.
    Is this yet again one of those hutner bugs that blizzard cant be arsed to fix or is this intended?
    I like the fact that you never actually ask your OP title in your OP itself and the complain that people don't understand what you are asking for. Don't assume you did something just because you "think" it, you actually have to communicate that thought as well.

And carry a 2nd bow around. WQ has nothing to do with durability loss for weapons and you are wrong that Blizzard intended or designed it that way. /thread

Next time you post a question, at least be open to the possibility you have no idea what you are talking about. If you want a debate, start it out with a "I think" or "My theory is" and debate from there. And btw stay in school.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorkin View Post
    I like the fact that you never actually ask your OP title in your OP itself and the complain that people don't understand what you are asking for. Don't assume you did something just because you "think" it, you actually have to communicate that thought as well.

And carry a 2nd bow around. WQ has nothing to do with durability loss for weapons and you are wrong that Blizzard intended or designed it that way. /thread

Next time you post a question, at least be open to the possibility you have no idea what you are talking about. If you want a debate, start it out with a "I think" or "My theory is" and debate from there. And btw stay in school.
    Sounds like hes frustrated and that came out in his post, which I'm sure we've all been in a situation like that before. Regardless of how he asked it, you answered it mind you.

However back to the topic that ranged weapons durability loss is higher than other weapons is true, ask a rogue how often their items break. it's no where close to how often a hunter weapon does. And for the love of god quick preaching a 2nd weapon like you have 100. My guilds killed the twins 12x and they never dropped a damn ranged weapon. Just because your RNG favors you doesn't mean everyone else has that luck or capability. Btw real hunters know not to lower their dps based on using a crappy ranged weapon if their original one breaks they go get it fixed. With warlocks and group summon I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem anymore regardless.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I don't think many people are suggesting you carry a backup ilvl 359 weapon around, just whatever you used last. When I got my first epic ranged weapon, I kept the old heroic blue I was using in my bag. Sure it's not the same damage, but it's better than ZERO damage. Chances are that if your weapon breaks during the raid run, other people like the tanks surely are hurting as well. We do have the unique capability to make it out alive during an encounter if everyone else dies, which leads us to generally have less durability issues during a raid run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you want an exact answer, allow me to give you one.

No, it does not intend to crush your durability. It is intended to give you a proc to fire an additional shot. Side effects include (but are not limited to) mild to uncontrollable shitting, nausea, paranoia, QQrage, and durability loss to your bow. Please consult your local blacksmith if your bow breaks.

Anyone remember BWL Nefarion? He used to just break your bows flat out.

Ah the good old vanilla raids. Yes I remember attacking certain fire bosses in MC/BWL would degrade your weapon durability big time. There was also a "melt armor" ability they would use to destroy tank gear at insane speeds. The good old days.

I don't think many people are suggesting you carry a backup ilvl 359 weapon around, just whatever you used last. When I got my first epic ranged weapon, I kept the old heroic blue I was using in my bag. Sure it's not the same damage, but it's better than ZERO damage. Chances are that if your weapon breaks during the raid run, other people like the tanks surely are hurting as well. We do have the unique capability to make it out alive during an encounter if everyone else dies, which leads us to generally have less durability issues during a raid run.
    And you see that's the problem even with FD and not losing the 10% durability everyone else is, the ranged weapons still just break like crazy, its not a huge deal or anything but a nuisance that other classes don't have to deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ANClutch View Post
    a nuisance that other classes don't have to deal with.
    Tanks get punched, kicked, smacked, scorched, blown back, hacked at, slashed, stabbed, gouged, and frozen for a living. They are no strangers to durability loss. All you did was shoot your bow so much the string snapped. Their shields have to endure getting stepped on by Supremus.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a Rogue I rack up a 2-4 gold repair bill on each boss from weapon durability loss alone and that's not even on a wipe. My offhand dagger (faster) takes a bit more damage than my main hand dagger, I usually keep up with our tank's shield, so by the time he needs to repair so do I. So hunters just be glad that you only have one weapon taking durability hits. ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah the good old vanilla raids. Yes I remember attacking certain fire bosses in MC/BWL would degrade your weapon durability big time. There was also a "melt armor" ability they would use to destroy tank gear at insane speeds. The good old days.
    what would be bad days? ._.
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

Can't wait till 4.2 and T12 2p, when our Fire Arrows double dip with our wild quiver, and both incur durability checks, so we can break our weapons while we're breakin' our weapons.

My paladin's shield says "hi."