Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rory is just... well, amazing!!!

I think he is going to win it no problem.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    And a big Grats! to Rory McIlroy for winning this year's US Open in such a dominant fashion! Amazing is what that was indeed.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    And a big Grats! to Rory McIlroy for winning this year's US Open in such a dominant fashion! Amazing is what that was indeed.
    yeah,, that was an unexpected pleasure to watch. Nothing flukey about his start thru finish win. But 2 Irishmen in a row? We will never get the beer stains out of the cup.
    Can wait until the British open. Gonna be fun.
    Operation Red Wing

The floodgates are open and it's time for Rory to rack up more major championship wins. Not only does he have the greatest swing in golf, but he proved that he's resilient and in control down the stretch.

That said I'm kinda disappointed in the low scoring conditions. I love watching the U.S. Open for its extreme challenge and seeing the professionals work just to make pars.

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Its's gonna be strange seeing Steve Williams on Adam Scotts bag. Kinda sad.
    Wow, wait when did this happen? i have had my head in the sand the last week or so, more like a really long bender...

Insane

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EastcoastSB View Post
    The floodgates are open and it's time for Rory to rack up more major championship wins. Not only does he have the greatest swing in golf, but he proved that he's resilient and in control down the stretch.

That said I'm kinda disappointed in the low scoring conditions. I love watching the U.S. Open for its extreme challenge and seeing the professionals work just to make pars.
    But the USGA can't control the weather which made for the low scoring conditions and it was still the 2nd longest US Open in history.
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-06-21 at 05:49 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Indeed and it puts his misery of earlier in the year behind him. Don't like the constant talk of "Tiger Woods watchout" stuff though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing to remember about Rory's win at Congressional is that it's a course that has had rotation on the PGA for other events through the previous few years (AT&T National). I don't think that McIlroy had played Congressional before, but the layout of the course is of the level "regular tour stop" and the grounds crew did a pretty poor job of raising the two cuts of rough to majors difficulty stuff. For as much as Rory missed the fairways in the middle rounds, a thick cut of first rough may have slowed him (and everyone else) down a bit more.

Thinking back to my trip to the 2nd and 3rd rounds of Oakmont in 2007, they dropped par to 70 (Congressional played 71), and if you dropped your cell phone in the second cut of rough, it'd actually disappear from sight (slight exaggeration, but not by much).

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    Indeed and it puts his misery of earlier in the year behind him. Don't like the constant talk of "Tiger Woods watchout" stuff though.
    Me either. This is Rorys day in the sun. Let him shine.
    But I will admit if Tiger was on his game,, a Euro/US rivalry would be fun to watch and good for golf.
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-06-21 at 04:45 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

a Euro/US rivalry would be fun to watch and good for golf.
    Oh how much I would love this to happen.

But the USGA can't control the weather which made for the low scoring conditions and it was still the 2nd longest US Open in history.
    It wasn't only the weather, there were several other factors that contributed to the lesser degree of difficulty which the USGA had control over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question, what is the next major coming up for the PGA?
    Hey everyone

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Quick question, what is the next major coming up for the PGA?
    Last 2 2011 majors are the British Open"THE Open" July 14. And the PGA championship is Aug 11.

Should be some fun. Hope Woods makes a comeback. But doubtful.
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-06-27 at 04:24 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Last 2 2011 majors are the British Open"THE Open" July 14. And the PGA championship is Aug 11.

Should be some fun. Hope Woods makes a comeback. But doubtful.
    I think a lot of us are doubtful if Woods will ever come back.
    Hey everyone

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of us are doubtful if Woods will ever come back.
    There are raging debates going on over on the golf boards about this. Even if he gets his knee and
    achilles healed,, will his head/psyche will never be the same? Golf is a massive head game and he's not what
    he used to be.

My fwiw opinion(and we need another one lul) is that he should get himself healthy and enter every single
    tour event(Euro events as well) he can get into and win one,then two, three, etc. Not just majors,, any tour event. Start again and work up to the majors. Winning will be his best prescription and start to get him back to the Tiger he used to be.

The tabloid sensation has faded, it happened, its over, move on and play the kind of golf we all know you can play. The US has won
    only 3 out of the last 11 majors and 2 of those Americans ages are 41,38. US golf needs Woods back.
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-06-27 at 10:38 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    There are raging debates going on over on the golf boards about this. Even if he gets his knee and
    achilles healed,, will his head/psyche will never be the same? Golf is a massive head game and he's not what
    he used to be.

My fwiw opinion(and we need another one lul) is that he should get himself healthy and enter every single
    tour event(Euro events as well) he can get into and win one,then two, three, etc. Not just majors,, any tour event. Start again and work up to the majors. Winning will be his best prescription and start to get him back to the Tiger he used to be.

The tabloid sensation has faded, it happened, its over, move on and play the kind of golf we all know you can play. The US has won
    only 3 out of the last 11 majors and 2 of those Americans ages are 41,38. US golf needs Woods back.
    So true on so many levels, I think it's more than just his physical well-being and more that he is using a tiny excuse so that he can go fix his life that has not turned out to well.
    Hey everyone

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    So true on so many levels, I think it's more than just his physical well-being and more that he is using a tiny excuse so that he can go fix his life that has not turned out to well.
    O well.. Screw him. No sympathy.

Who ya got for the Open? All eyes will be on Rory. Was his US Open win just a Ben Curtiss like fluke? Will the Euro tour youngbloods strike again? Will an American sneak a win out of Sandwich? Will Lee Westwood finially get a major or is he just another Colin Mongomerie? What if Tiger showed up? Bubba Watson pissing off the tempermental Euro Tour press even more? Will Sergio continue to be a choker? Lots of drama possible. Wish I could attend.
    Heaven for me = Tiger showing up, tied for the lead with Rory in the final paring/last day. Tiger drops a long birdie putt on the 18th ftw. *Kunahspillsbeeralloverself*
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-07-01 at 08:58 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, it looks like Tiger won't be playing anytime soon, as he announced that he'll skip The Open this year because his leg hasn't fully healed yet. Gotta give him props to that decision though.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II