Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Sinestra Wrack Inconsistencies

Hi Guys,

I wanted to see if anyone had some feedback on something strange that's happening with wrack.

When I first started learning about the debuff, it seemed like it was supposed to last 60 seconds from start to finish.

However, I use this pattern of dispeling (with the hypothetical duration remaning if it were actually 60 seconds)

1x 24 seconds (36 seconds remaining)
    2x 15 seconds (21 Seconds remaining)
    4x 12 seconds (9 seconds remaining)
    8x Should fall off at 9....

However it's not falling off at 9. It keeps ticking until about 18 or so!

Does anyone understand how to counter this? Is something causing increased time to be added? I'm in 10 man, so should I just spam dispel magic on people when they get to 6-8 seconds left after it's already on 8 people to prevent them from taking damage?

Thanks!

Dispelling it gives it a few more seconds, so if you dispelled with 20 secs left it would refresh at like 22 or something. To stop people just mass dispelling it constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Dispelling it gives it a few more seconds, so if you dispelled with 20 secs left it would refresh at like 22 or something. To stop people just mass dispelling it constantly.
    It only translates to 1 or 2 more seconds, but per dispel it ends up being around 70 seconds total.

Ideal is 20+ > 15 > 15 > whatever's left, dispel if it hits 12 or 13. If you have a Priest, just have them mass dispel the 3rd round so it goes off evenly.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

Deleted
    Use DBM warning to dispel (should be of course enabled) and it will just work fine !
    Just take care about breath + Wrack tick especially in phase 3 if you don't have the haste buff anymore.

Deleted
    I have the same problem, sometimes the last wrack (x8) lasts much longer than expected. I suppose it's because when you dispell between ticks, the duration post dispelling is reseted to 3s before a tick. So if you dispell right before a tick, you'll get 3s extra duration on the next wrack.
    What I do when I see that the x8 wrack gets out of hand is call for a mass dispell, then dispell manually the last wracks until it fades. Be careful not to dispell the new one, sometimes it appears while the old didn't fade.

You can get multiple wracks on the same person.

at least when I killed it on 25 that would sometimes become a grid/sinestrawrack watching issue. Probably the same.

Don't fuck it up on the clean goes imo.

Reminds me of how they fixed dot clipping for players where if you clip between last and 2nd to last tick, new dot will have that last tick + the regular duration. Could be something like that is happening.

Likely scenario. Assume 9 second long dot, ticks every 3 seconds. It ticks at 6 seconds left, and gets dispelled at 4 seconds left. It jumps to new target with 6 seconds left, so it lasts 2 seconds longer (and possibly gets in an extra tick). So it's likely every time you dispel, you add a little extra time and an extra tick.