Twilight Ascendant Council Heroic, advice please

The guild I'm in has reached 12/13, and we'd like to finish this tier 13/13 before 4.2 drops. We all have some good ideas about the encounter, but I'm hoping someone out there MMO-C land has something to offer.

Our comp is:

Tank:
    Prot Pally

DPS:
    Mage
    Warlock
    Feral Druid
    Hunter
    Balance Druid
    Ret Pally

Healers:
    Priest
    Shammy
    Druid

Particularly, anybody have some good input on how to position ourselves in P1, considering we only have a single priest to pull people?
    Thanks a lot.

Edited for proper comp
    Last edited by Dacien; 2011-06-18 at 07:16 PM.

With 1 tank he will be getting wrecked. Go two tanks two healers, as it is a 5 healer fight for 25m. P1 just leave the middle clear and have people run there to clear their stacks. P2 is all about Chain Lightning and kiting the orbs properly.

Terrastra hits VERY hard. You can one-tank it, but your healers and your tank are going to have to be beastly. Be sure to kick every single harden skin, don't let any go through or the tank will almost certainly die. Roll cooldowns on him during P2, but still make sure to have them available (especially pally raid wall) again for P3.

The advantage, of course, is that it ups your DPS considerably for P3 being able to bring in an extra DPS.

As for positioning in P1... well, hell. You've got both bosses stacked with a single tank, it should be pretty simple. Pull them off to the left or right, have the ranged and healers spread out (so melee doesn't ever get the debuffs) and run them over towards the purple circle in the middle. P1 is by far the easiest of the phases. P2 is the real killer. Be sure you have a backup ranged kick for every single glaciate, the ice lances one-shot on heroic. Also, the tank will absolutely need a cooldown after the flame shield, as the boss gains a damage buff after it breaks. Good luck on single-tanking it.

Don't be afraid to switch to 2 tanks/2 healers, or 1 tank/3 healers, either.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-06-18 at 01:09 AM.

First of all, do this with one tank and 6 DPS. A good spread is more than ideal for p1. Have your melee on Ignacious and ranged on Feludious. Keep Heart of Ice up on your melee if at all possible. Get your interrupts down for Hydrolance, do whatever you want with glaciate as long as it works with Hydrolance interrupts.

P2 is the same just with kiting orbs into fire patches. Don't go near the fire patches and run away from orb spawns. You can kite an ORB indefinitely if you have to. It's never an excuse to get hit by one because of hitting a tornado, a ground buff, or trying to cut corner. If you have to you can kite one for 1min+ just to make sure you don't screw it up. Earthquake from terrestria will one shot DPS if you're in the middle of the graphic.

P3 is where you reap the benefits of having 1 tank. Lust after first seed stay spread out and vocal about gravity crush. P3 is the easiest of all the phases. Took us 1 or 2 attempts once we got there.

It's never an excuse to get hit by one because of hitting a tornado,
    I just want to add that I disagree with this bit, as more than once, we've seen a tornado literally spawn on top of the kiter, who is then knocked right back into the orb. :P The tornados don't have a spawn animation for some blasted reason.

Couldn't tell you how many times that actually happened opposed to people just trying to cut corners because they feel a need to get the orb down asap, but yeah that would be a legit excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotcandy View Post
    Couldn't tell you how many times that actually happened opposed to people just trying to cut corners because they feel a need to get the orb down asap, but yeah that would be a legit excuse.
    It very nearly happened to myself, but this is part of the whole reason I race changed to Goblin - rocket jump saved my ass since I hit it the moment I was knocked back. Not everybody gets that, though. An incredibly timely lifegrip could do it to, but this would require 1) an incredibly vigilant and skilled priest and 2) a lifegrip that isn't on CD already.

Deleted

Red circle is the place where you run debuffs on p1, blue things are ranged dps/healers yellow things are melee dps.

on p3 kite boss on whole circle.

hope this helps

Deleted
    The hardest part for us as a 25-man guild was the infamous kiting of the subsequently infamous frost orb. This I imagine will take less time for you since you only have 8 people who'll have to master the fine art that is kiting.

Tip: once you've mastered P1, burn one of the bosses preferrably Ignacious down to practise P2. It'll save you some time and once you've got it you'll have fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    When we don't have enough priests to pull the Gravity Core target out of the raid (we do 25-man, so it's likely we won't have 5 priests available), we just tell people to stack up extra closely, leave the Static Overload target standing in the raid (damage is perfectly healable, no biggie) and the Gravity Core disappears practically instantly due to being stacked up so nicely.

In fact, this works so well, that I was already thinking about suggesting ignoring debuffs and just make sure that people are really really well stacked on top of each other.

Deleted
    We killed this boss 2 weeks ago as a 10 man guild, also our last heroic boss.
    We used 3 healers 1 tank and 6 dps, the tank damage wasnt all that high if I remember correctly.

About the fight itself, we spread around the middle leaving the middle open for the 2 debuffs to join up in p1. Waterlogged can be avoided so our positioning wasn't a big deal.
    As for p2 ( the hardest phase of this encounter imo ), it's like normal except someone has to kite a frost orb into a firepatch, its fairly easy.. you just have to get used to all the stuf going on in p2 really.
    And p3, our guild got there 3 times, and the third time we killed it, just make sure to be spread and have teh tank kite fast enough

If you can kill Sinestra10, then this boss is a huge letdown IMO.

Deleted
    I don't know why someone said the mob hits hard. We run 1 tank / 3 heals without any problems about tank's health. The only things that can kill the tank are :
    1) the spikes on the ground that terrastra spawns, just move away from them
    2) the lightning blast if a ranged can't interrupt. Use CD's here.
    You will wipe because people suck or because of some bad combos (3 frost beacons in a row anyone?), but tank healing shouldn't be a problem.

In p1, we have the tank kitting the two mobs around the room to move away from fire and avoid shield + glaciate combos past the first shield. We don't really bother about positionning, people call what debuff they have and other peoples move away to avoid spread. That's certainly not the best way to do it, but it works if your raiders open their eyes.
    P2 is all about orbs, bad combos (well/tornados on the kiter's way, chain beacon on the same perso that can't switch debuffs), and player's errors (spikes, missed interrupts..).
    P3 is all about spreading and having encapsuled people at range to heal them.