Fights with class gimmicks

TO MAKE IT MORE CLEAR:
    I am asking what gimmicks exist for Tier 12 raids. Tier 12 gimmicks is the one and only topic in this thread. Please avoid getting off topic.

So far:
    Alysrazor: Arcane mage OP dmg

In Tier 11 raids, there are quite a few class reliant gimmicks or strategies that make the fights significantly easier. Do any similar strategies exist in 4.2 yet? If so, which classes/specs would be enough, so that I can do efficient further research, but as much accurate info as you can provide would be beneficial.

To be clear, I do understand that these are not the only strategies, and that a good group can do bosses even without such gimmicks. On the other hand, you would have to be an idiot to not believe that there are (often significant) advantages to these methods.

Some examples, for those who would like either a list or clarification:
    Heroic Conclave: A Rogue to cloak off stacks and stay on rohash the entire fight. Also, using a DK to tank the lashers and simply eat the explosions with AMS.
    Heroic Magmaw: A Frost DK to kite parasites.
    Anything with interrupts: Shammy.
    Heroic V+T: Sub rogues for the shadow realm.
    Atramedes: Rogue for gongs.
    Last edited by HarleyM; 2011-06-18 at 07:16 AM.

I do gongs on Atra and I am a mage...never once had a problem. imp Blink > sprint
    "Water can hold any form, take any shape...overcome any obstacle."

Rogues are better than mages for Atramedes.

As far as I can tell, Arcane Mage is going to be incredibly OP for Alysrazor. they should pull massive amounts of dps. Other than that, there is nothing.

I'm a rogue that did all the gimmick stuff for my guild, while it was fun I don't want to see that many fight designs again.

Quote Originally Posted by ttkyle View Post
    I'm a rogue that did all the gimmick stuff for my guild, while it was fun I don't want to see that many fight designs again.
    I actually liked doing the important parts of fights, like the shadow realm in H twin dragons, its one of the few times the success of the encounter lies purely in our hands

Well Alysrazor gives a lot of mana throughout the encounter which greatly benefits arcane mages.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeguard446 View Post
    I do gongs on Atra and I am a mage...never once had a problem. imp Blink > sprint
    and we have our holy priest get the gongs for us.

I don't understand why arcane mage is put down as it's not a necessary class, all that was said is that they get more mana back with is OP for their mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    and we have our holy priest get the gongs for us.

I don't understand why arcane mage is put down as it's not a necessary class, all that was said is that they get more mana back with is OP for their mastery.
    It makes the fight shorter and therefor easier. Sure any other caster can fly through the hoops and gain haste/crit out of it, but arcane mages are the only class who get a lot more out of the mana that comes with the buffs.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    It makes the fight shorter and therefor easier. Sure any other caster can fly through the hoops and gain haste/crit out of it, but arcane mages are the only class who get a lot more out of the mana that comes with the buffs.
    true but it's not like it was with conclave, V&T, magmaw etc where 1 class makes the fight trivial so the other dps can focus on the main objective? just a small dps boost is all

Actually, even tho i know a lot of people are using mages/rogues for Atra.. i happily do gong duty as a resto druid. I always take the air phase one, between catform+dash,swiftness pots that i get from fishing daily and the feral " increase movement speed for several seconds" (sorry i dont remember the name of it right now), it's incredibly easy.
    That being said, on Nef, we just use what we have for add tanking in p1, usually a ret palli, or dk or so, but things are so much easier and nicer when one of our mages goes frost for it :P
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

Deleted
    If we are talking about plain absurd encounter design that favors certain roles/specs, then I'll point out multidotting classes for V & T, fire mages, combat rogues (and previously) disc priests for Halfus, fire mages for Cho'gall, arcane mages for sinestra, omnotron and Nefarian, and resto shamans for Chimaeron.

I was certain the OP meant like priests mc'ing for instructor in naxx25 (which could actually be negated with 3 hunters md'ing in a triangle I hear...not sure tho), lock tank for shadow prince in icc council fight...that sort of thing.
    But after rereading...nope nothing that uhh...gimmicky?
    Now those were pretty damn gimmicky fights

I guess using mirror of broken images to eat crackle on Nef? It's pretty much an awesome gimmick, since it's got a 1min cd? (I think? not logged in)
    Last edited by wylatron; 2011-06-18 at 09:26 AM.
    "OP might be on to somthing. I once walked past an alley and I saw atleast 4 Blizz employees beating a man that had on a Rift T-Shirt. They started shouting racial slurs that had no relevance to the man himself and when they were done... they dropped a 2 month prepaid card on his bleeding, beaten body...." Zonas

Heroic Ragnaros and frozen meteors (take 15,000% extra damage). Hello Restoration Shamans, hope you like speccing into Telluric Currents!
    Last edited by Chiasmus; 2011-06-18 at 10:26 AM.

Combat rogues are pretty insane on magmaw too, soloing constructs in head phase with BF and AD rush ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wylatron View Post
    I guess using mirror of broken images to eat crackle on Nef? It's pretty much an awesome gimmick, since it's got a 1min cd? (I think? not logged in)
    Mirrors work on Chimaeron's massacre as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiasmus View Post
    Heroic Ragnaros and frozen meteors (take 15,000% extra damage). Hello Restoration Shamans, hope you like speccing into Telluric Currents!
    Haha, boom 100% mana
    Vol'jin fanboy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    Haha, boom 100% mana

A smite priest is almost better there