Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Blizzard made a post awhile back stating they wanted a week between the end of the arena season and patch 4.2. If that's still the case... with the new ptr build last night and the fact the end of the season is on June 28th now... I would say that 4.2 would be released on July 5th. I stated 2 months ago that I predicted the patch would go live on/around July 4th. It's just a perfect marketing window. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by z0phi3l View Post
    Do you really think that the "loss" of 0.02% of the player base is making Blizzard worried? Hell no, the monthly fluctuations are nothing more than that
    First, 600,000 is not 0.02%. That would mean that WoW has 300 million subscribers.

Second, it's not just monthly fluctuation. The CEO of Blizzard himself said that that was the largest drop off in subscribers in the shortest period of time in WoW's history. And it didn't even reflect people who had already canceled their auto-renew but still had game time remaining. If 600k showed up within just 3 months, the actual number was much higher.

Finally, 600k subscribers lost per quarter = 2.4 million subscribers lost by the end of the year. If GW2, D3, SW, summer, and the long breaks between content add to that, you could easily have 3 million subscribers lost by 2012. That's one out of every four players. And being a social game, WoW didn't gain subscribers through advertising or game reviews - people joined because of their friends. Loss of subscribers works the same way - any time a chunk of players leave, there is a serious risk that they will each take several friends with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetzirah View Post
    Especially since the 600k loss is on March 1st, and 3 more months are passed without new raids.
    Go post a thread in the general forums, not unusual for it to stay on the front page for hours with no bumps.

There once was a time it was off the front page in less than 5 minutes without a bump.

edit: added - with no bumps.
    Last edited by Rolly; 2011-06-19 at 04:47 AM.

Deleted
    What the Hell ... why is the Heroic Set for Mage ..Pink? -_-

logistical reasons sounds funny, so blizzard wants to test the latest bugfix build (which didn't add anything new) for another 10 days or so
    Last edited by wiIdi; 2011-06-19 at 09:30 AM.

"Unfortunately, there are many logistical reasons for why we needed to push back the end date to the 28th. Keep in mind our original announcement said it could end "as early as June 21." It wasn't an absolute confirmation of the end date. The announcement now says it could end "as early as June 28", which means it's still not guaranteed to end that day. It just depends on if all of our other ducks are in a row." This is just sad. A company that has a turnover of hundreds of millions monthly can't keep up with schedules. It they postpome it again, im gonna laugh. How hard it is to create a content for new raid content/arena season patch in over 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Fes View Post
    What the Hell ... why is the Heroic Set for Mage ..Pink? -_-
    If you think that's pink, then you are colorblind. It's purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    "Unfortunately, there are many logistical reasons for why we needed to push back the end date to the 28th. Keep in mind our original announcement said it could end "as early as June 21." It wasn't an absolute confirmation of the end date. The announcement now says it could end "as early as June 28", which means it's still not guaranteed to end that day. It just depends on if all of our other ducks are in a row." This is just sad. A company that has a turnover of hundreds of millions monthly can't keep up with schedules. It they postpome it again, im gonna laugh. How hard it is to create a content for new raid content/arena season patch in over 6 months?
    That depends on the size of the team. The developers of Assassins Creed can crank out an entire game every year, but they have a team of over 200 people. With wow being on the decline, I'm sure the team has gotten smaller.

The WoW design team currently consists of 150 people.

The WoW team currently has 150 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    Soooo you would rather them release a buggy product than a polished, working one? Damn you Blizzard for wanting to release a patch with as little problems as possible.

human also look really ugly ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    The WoW team currently has 150 people.
    I guess that must include the maintenance guys, the cleaning crew, and the upper management...

Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    Soooo you would rather them release a buggy product than a polished, working one? Damn you Blizzard for wanting to release a patch with as little problems as possible.
    You really said this with a straight face? =)

Well, see you Thursday, when the servers MAY be working, ignoring the disconnects and instances servers that are bound to be down. Or preferably a week later, when they're done with all the hotfixes (hotnerfs and buffs).

I don't mind the issues, I just mind Blizzard pretending that they want 'perfect' when in fact they're never near 'mediocre' when releasing new content, especially on the technical side.

I am not of the hardcore Arena crew so I have no idea in what ways this affects Arena players, but I am sure it does. I also don't understand what's so hard about finishing seasons before the new patch goes live if there's so many issues? I think Blizzard has a lot more serious logistic problems if they fail to plan out a patchy like this in the 6 months they had flawlessly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rboa View Post
    "it looks like the June 28th release date shouldn't be reported" What does that mean?
    Reading between the words and judging from what he has said before he probably meant: "...it looks like the June 28th release date shouldn't be delayed, I'll assume Blizzard is done at this point."

Think it's more of a typo and even then I think most people grasped his meaning anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I don't mind the issues, I just mind Blizzard pretending that they want 'perfect' when in fact they're never near 'mediocre' when releasing new content, especially on the technical side.
    Pretending they want perfect? So now people complain they are trying to patch with zero bugs?

They know they can't do a perfect bug-free launch, but they'll do a better job patching a game with over ten million players than anyone else would. Never near mediocre? What are you even comparing that to? Another game as large as WoW with as much content as WoW? Oh, right...

rogue heroic set fits nicely love the dark cloros way more then the normal set... can we get a switch please XD

love the paladin heroic set!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't look at my priest set for more than 2 seconds without wanting to quit.

I would like to echo the sentiment that Humans as the Tier set model is just terrible. Their posture is probably one of the worst in the game (who stands like that?) and for instance with Shaman there are no human shaman. That said, I think I can say for the majority of us that we appreciate the work!