Power Infusion Macro

Leveling a priest atm, trying to make a macro that will whisper the person that I power infuse: "Power Infusion cast on you!"

I've tried

/cast Power Infusion
    /script SendChatMessage("Power Infusion cast on you! ", "WHISPER", nil, UnitName("target")

and

/cast Power Infusion
    /w %t Power Infusion cast on you!

Neither have worked, any ideas?

"%t" doesn't whisper them, as you found out... and I'm no good with scripts. But I am good with google!

Edit: Just checked Wowpedia You can get some other macros there.

Code:
    /script SendChatMessage("Power Infusion cast on you!", "WHISPER", nil, UnitName("target"));
    Seems you missed off the last bracket and the semi-colon.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-06-18 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Fecking links need to gtfo.

There's an addon called Guardian Spirited, works wonders. Works for PI, PS, GS, your Hymns, Fear Ward, Silence, Scream and Horror. You can toggle them on and off separately if you don't want to spam people with your fears/silence or what ever. You can make them whisper your target and or say in party or raid etc etc. Very useful and customisable.

A good alternative if you cant/dont want to make the macro.

Code:
    /use [@player,btn:2][]Power Infusion
    /stopmacro [@target,noexists][@target,harm][button:2]
    /run SendChatMessage("You receive loot: \124cff71d5ff\124Hspell:10060\124h[Power Infusion]\124h\124r.","whisper",nil,GetUnitName("target",1):gsub(" ","",2))
    This is the exact macro I use for Power Infusion, and some other spells as well so I know it works just fine. Right click to cast on yourself. This one will also allow you to whisper cross-server targets.

Quote Originally Posted by DesolatedMaggot View Post
    Code:
    /use [@player,btn:2][]Power Infusion
    /stopmacro [@target,noexists][@target,harm][button:2]
    /run SendChatMessage("You receive loot: \124cff71d5ff\124Hspell:10060\124h[Power Infusion]\124h\124r.","whisper",nil,GetUnitName("target",1):gsub(" ","",2))
    This is the exact macro I use for Power Infusion, and some other spells as well so I know it works just fine. Right click to cast on yourself. This one will also allow you to whisper cross-server targets.
    Problem with that macro is the part where you click it. *shudders*

It's hardly a core ability, I see no reason to bind it. Even so, if you were really inclined to, you can simply change the right click to a modifier.

It's a cooldown, how is it NOT a core ability? Not to mention, you really should bind anything you will use in combat. :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm using this:

Code:
    #showtooltip Power Infusion
    /script local u,p="target","Power Infusion";if IsSpellInRange(p,u)==1 and GetSpellCooldown(p)==0 then SendChatMessage("You just got "..GetSpellLink(p).."!","WHISPER",nil,UnitName(u)) end
    /cast [@target] Power Infusion
    It doesn't let you spam it, it only whispers it if the spell isn't on cooldown.

Works wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    It's a cooldown, how is it NOT a core ability? Not to mention, you really should bind anything you will use in combat. :P
    lol I almost never use it on myself. Mind you I only run 5mans with my priest and even that is rare, mostly just a profession alt. Only time I ever selfcast it is when I have no casters in my group. So yeah, hardly a core ability to me. I'd much rather save my keybind space for something more useful, like Lifegrip for example.

lol I almost never use it on myself. Mind you I only run 5mans with my priest and even that is rare, mostly just a profession alt. Only time I ever selfcast it is when I have no casters in my group. So yeah, hardly a core ability to me. I'd much rather save my keybind space for something more useful, like Lifegrip for example.
    So then it's not a core ability for you. But it is for anyone that raids.

You have lifegrip keybound ? For stuff that requires split-second timing I just have to use grid/clique.

And again, anyone that raids can simply change the click to a modifier. I really fail to see the point in all this chatter about my keybinding habits.

somehow we are now arguing over a priest ability..