Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro55 View Post
    You always fight the villian at his lair, which in this case is Sulfuron keep. It wouldn't be epic to fight Ragnaros if he took early morning walk with his lava hound around firelands.
    This made me chuckle.

Anyways, Rag doesn't technically die after this fight does he? Cause well he never can right?
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    (RED LIGHT)¡¡¡¡SPOILERS!!!!(RED LIGHT)

Man, that's one juicy death animation. Hot!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewskee View Post
    This made me chuckle.

Anyways, Rag doesn't technically die after this fight does he? Cause well he never can right?
    Elementals can't be killed outside their own realm. Firelands is the realm of fire, so I'd say he's probably going to be dead for good, yes. Wonder how that'll work out, though

15+ Year Old Account
    When on heroic his legs will suddenly go "Too soon Ragnaros, you have awakened me too soon" and then kill him in one shot - then you fight the legs.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    because, ragnaros loves his bubblepool! and maybe someone pisses in it in heroic mode and litterly he will get pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    (RED LIGHT)¡¡¡¡SPOILERS!!!!(RED LIGHT)
    Anyone else have Kil'Jaeden flash backs with that death animation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewskee View Post
    This made me chuckle.

no he is dead this time. we killed him in his own realm, the only place elementals can die for good.

Quote Originally Posted by AlysonMeyer View Post
    Elementals can't be killed outside their own realm. Firelands is the realm of fire, so I'd say he's probably going to be dead for good, yes. Wonder how that'll work out, though
    Thanks for the explanation, makes sense. So we'll prolly see him next xpac in a dungeon. "FIRELANDS WAS MERELY A SETBACK."
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzelkazoo View Post
    Anyone else have Kil'Jaeden flash backs with that death animation?
    little bit, but rag basically melts in his, kj just fell back through the portal after his defeat.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Normal mode = He sits in his lava hottub, so you can't see his legs.
    Heroic mode = He realised that he forgot his towel and has to get out of the tub to get it, hence the legs.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Blizz trying to hard with "Heroic only" shit in cata, like sinestra and now rag.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    Blizz trying to hard with "Heroic only" shit in cata, like sinestra and now rag.
    T11- One boss that only hardcore players can see
    T12- One Phase of one boss that only harcore players can see

Pretty weird definition of "too hard"

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    So why doesn't he move?
    Yet another downside of not including the Dance Studio!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    T11- One boss that only hardcore players can see
    T12- One Phase of one boss that only harcore players can see

Pretty weird definition of "too hard"
    Wotlk: no restriction you see the fights in all it's glory (just a few fights with added gimmicks)
    Cata: 2 end bosses in a row with heroic only restrictions

I'd say that's trying too hard bro, and you know this is something they will keep on pushing, and they will only take it further and further, hell for all we know they might break out the "HEROICZ ONLY" on Deathwing just to prove they really are the "B" Team of WoW Dev's.

Deleted
    Ragnaros' roundhouse kick could only be tuned for heroic mode, due to its immense power - true fact.

Ragnaros yells: TOO SOON! YOU HAVE AWAKENED ME TOO SOON, EXECUTUS! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS INTRUSION?

From this i would deduce that had we not made Executus summon him he would have reached his full power. So, Normal Firelands Rag= stopped his ritual again. heroic= failed to stop it and face Rag at his full power.

Quote Originally Posted by pirAa View Post
    People doing normal mode arent worthy to see his legs.
    This is what I was gonna say. If you can't beat him on normal mode, then you're not worth his time to walk around. Kinda like how the Lich King made multiple appearances during your leveling experience in Northrend. He could have just come by and roflstomp your face, but he knew you weren't ready and therefore not worth his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    Wotlk: no restriction you see the fights in all it's glory (just a few fights with added gimmicks)
    Cata: 2 end bosses in a row with heroic only restrictions

I'd say that's trying too hard bro, and you know this is something they will keep on pushing, and they will only take it further and further, hell for all we know they might break out the "HEROICZ ONLY" on Deathwing just to prove they really are the "B" Team of WoW Dev's.
    What's wrong with not being able to see one boss?
    If you aren't that good at the game you wouldn't be able to beat it anyway and it keeps the fanatical hardcore players happy that there is something they get to do that other people don't (because heaven forbid that they be pleased with their superior gear)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd call Rag with legs an added gimmick. So just one boss that regular mode raiders can't see. I don't think that's trying too hard.

Why would you wander around when people are so eagerly throwing themselves into your lair to die? It's like he's ordering take-out.