Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I never click on it, its more trouble than its worth. Scenario A: I try to click the lightwell and i end up clicking a person or an add that doesn't need to die so I have to waste dps to re target the boss
    So your incompetence allows you to ignore a healing ability that doesnt even effect your rotation or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    healing rain is visible. and easy to spot, so i gladly moving into it, so as druids efflorance etc. but lightwell is not allways easy to spot. in fact, even if you know its there, it can be blocked by boss/another player/some fire effect so you simply cant click on it, even if you know its there.. i did said that before, funny you do not read the whole comments, only the parts that easy for you to argue about.
    It's a big shining dildo how can you not see the damn thing?! Seriously our Melee DPS uses it, my whole guild knows to use when I am Holy, you can't miss the thing, hell our Tank loves the shit out of a light well. If you can't see it because of a boss being on top of it, that's stupid placement on the priests part and that's acceptable but if you're saying you can't always spot it, I call BS on that one, it's the most visible thing in the damn game.

Deleted
    healing rain is visible. and easy to spot, so i gladly moving into it, so as druids efflorance etc. but lightwell is not allways easy to spot. in fact, even if you know its there, it can be blocked by boss/another player/some fire effect so you simply cant click on it, even if you know its there.. i did said that before, funny you do not read the whole comments, only the parts that easy for you to argue about.
    I'm not the one making excuses to not click the lightwell. If someone is standing on the lightwell, you tell them to move. If you don't know where it is, you should pay more attention. If there is an fire effect on top of it? That doesn't matter, it's still clickable and you should still know where it is. The range is more than enough for you to stay out of the fire and still click it.

LW is a unique and a incredibly efficient heal if used correctly. but like all heals, they are situational and should only be used if needed, that is to say if your guild doesn't require additional healing to clear bosses then it is understandable that a guild could succeed without LW. In general, it is a good idea to have it up as much as possible, as it gives that additional option to your raiders mid-fight (such as a locks health stone,) though it is not as pivotal as some make it out to be.
    Last edited by deepfire; 2011-06-18 at 05:10 PM. Reason: sp

Deleted
    This is my lightwell strategy:

Whisper the tank and say nice things, give him cookies.
    Place Lightwell next to where he has to stand and tank (on fights without lots of movement etc) and tell him to use light cookies.
    Revel in lightwell goodness.

Even if the tank is the only one using it it's still worth using. Another idea is to put it in a place people have to run to during some phase (Like on Val/Ther putting it where Val is tanked etc) I also use a macro pointing out that the lightwell can be used in some stun mechanics and still heal. I mean really if you put it right next to someone and they don't use you should autokick them from your guild for being unobservant.

No, my raid leader has actually banned leatherworkers from participating in our raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    No raider should ever position himself OR the boss on top of a Lightwell. Besides, it has a long range, so it's not like you have to hug it to click it. I think it's 20-30yards or thereabouts. As a last point, the priest should always pick the best possible placement (approx. middle of the room on Magmaw etc.)
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

That might be one of the problems tho, people not knowing the range got increased from its horrible earlier versions. So they think they have to run towards it and thus not bother at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tintenkiller View Post
    Just trying to say: love the skill, but please, please, please: learn where to put it or ask if you don't know! You plant it at the wrong spot: nobody will click it for sure, even if people would like to!
    Have you tried telling this to your healer? Good communication is key in raiding, and I'm sure the Priest will listen if it gets him/her more clicks on the Lightwell.

Healing rain is visible and easy to spot, so i gladly move into it, just like druids Eflorance etc. but Lightwell is not always easy to spot. In fact, even if you know its there, it can be blocked by boss/another player/some fire effect so you simply can't click on it, even if you know its there.. I did say that before. Funny you do not read the whole comments, only the parts that easy for you to argue about.
    Well, poor placement is the priests fault. And if you are for whatever reason unable to click the Lightwell, that's okay, no-one will hold it against you. But if you just don't click it on principle, or because you're too lazy, that's inexcusable.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Have you tried telling this to your healer? Good communication is key in raiding, and I'm sure the Priest will listen if it gets him/her more clicks on the Lightwell.
    Funny enough we don't have any priests that use Lightwell in our core-raid group - we got mostly shamans, druids and palas als healers. But if there is one (e.g. as a replacement) we tell them of course.

It's just something I see a lot. Not only in raids. I'm always a really sad kitty if I see a LW misplaced

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    By all means, the visual should last longer, but I play on max zoom and I can see it no prob. Worst case scenario: Glance up at your buffs when clicking it to make sure a renew icon appears. Ohmigod, that took SOOOOOOOO much effort! ;P
    Given that I'm tanking, watching the boss's cast bar like a hawk, making sure I'm not in fire, keeping my peripheral vision alert for ads, keeping an eye for healers in trouble/aggro, and of course watching my stupid wack-a-mole random-as-hell runic empowerment procs so I can Death Strike...yes. Too much fucking effort considering the benefit to a 180-200K health pool.

Like I said, if I wanted to setup a PowerAura for it I could but I don't need any more visual spam TYVM. As a tank, I really need to focus on tanking, and while I'd love to click the lightwell, the fact is that if it distracts me for even a second, it just isn't worth it for a drop in the bucket. Now if it amplified healing say 5% while it was active, sure. But either the benefit needs to be great enough to outweigh risks of distraction, or it needs to be painfully obvious when its active for me to consider it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't raid on my priest, so I don't even spec into it. It's just a waste of a talent point in heroics. However, if I did raid, I would absolutely spend the points because people should be clicking on it. It's an amazingly (though somewhat inconvenient at times) effecient and powerful heal that people often overlook because of the stigma that's it's just a joke. That said, I do hate it's design, but it can be useful.

I don't really see the Lightwell very useful for tanks, since he usually gets healed actively by more than one healer. I mainly use it (well, expect it) to heal ranged people. I usually put on the ranged camp and I use it. I've seen too many priests whining about people not using it, but then when they post their world of logs, I can see they didn't use it themselves...

Instead of doing that mana expensive binding heal, click your own well. Just using it yourself is worth it. (Included in 5-man heroics)

Pretty much had a massive increase in lightwell usage, just announce in vent, click the lightwell or die. Works a charm during periods when lots of damage go out as most people only really remember to use it when prompted.

Deleted
    I tend to have the exact opposite problem. People click lightwell whenever they take even the smallest amount of damage, making most of it going to overheals.

Deleted
    As a hunter, I love it in fights like Chimaeron (Feud phase), Magmaw (2nd phase), where everyone is taking alot of damage. Especially as a hunter you have limited survivability compared to other classes (Deterrence works on very few boss mechanics, chimera shot is pretty mediocre self heal). In situations like this Lightwell is pretty much irreplaceable as a healing tool which should never be ignored, especially since it doesn't even cost you DPS to click it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    Given that I'm tanking, watching the boss's cast bar like a hawk, making sure I'm not in fire, keeping my peripheral vision alert for ads, keeping an eye for healers in trouble/aggro, and of course watching my stupid wack-a-mole random-as-hell runic empowerment procs so I can Death Strike...yes. Too much fucking effort considering the benefit to a 180-200K health pool.

Like I said, if I wanted to setup a PowerAura for it I could but I don't need any more visual spam TYVM. As a tank, I really need to focus on tanking, and while I'd love to click the lightwell, the fact is that if it distracts me for even a second, it just isn't worth it for a drop in the bucket. Now if it amplified healing say 5% while it was active, sure. But either the benefit needs to be great enough to outweigh risks of distraction, or it needs to be painfully obvious when its active for me to consider it.
    As a Tank you shouldn't really be clicking the Lightwell. You have a constant stream of healing incoming already and your more likely to get hit hard, which removes the Lightwell HoT. If you're DPS on the other hand, just click the Lightwell. There's no reason to check if your click succeeded. If it did: good, if it didn't: well, the healers will take care of that. And there's no real reason why it wouldn't have succeeded.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post

An excuse is just that, an excuse. Our DK tank uses the shit out of Lightwell, all while doing what you're doing so if you want to click the lightwell you should be more than capable of doing so, if you don't then your healers got you simple as that, don't say "because I play at max zoom" so do I and I can still see the lightwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
    No, my raid leader has actually banned leatherworkers from participating in our raids.
    Watching a raid filled with 30 to 50 year old men in assless leather chaps bend over to loot will do that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Always. And the only time I have any issues spotting it is on Chimaeron's Feud, since our priest places HW: Sanctuary at the same place as the Lightwell, so it's hard to see with all the holy light thingys everywhere :P