Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Tell people to use it on vent. If they don't they are baddies.

well like a lot of people said alredy it is really useful and people in ur raid should learn to use it, i think that what a lot of people are missing for becoming better players is awareness, shouldnt be to hard to play with the camera at max distance to click lightwell. Also people forget that they also got defensive spells that they should be using for making the healers job easier

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Always. And the only time I have any issues spotting it is on Chimaeron's Feud, since our priest places HW: Sanctuary at the same place as the Lightwell, so it's hard to see with all the holy light thingys everywhere :P
    You should tell your priest to place the lightwell to the side, it'll be easier for everyone to click on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    Given that I'm tanking, watching the boss's cast bar like a hawk, making sure I'm not in fire, keeping my peripheral vision alert for ads, keeping an eye for healers in trouble/aggro, and of course watching my stupid wack-a-mole random-as-hell runic empowerment procs so I can Death Strike...yes. Too much fucking effort considering the benefit to a 180-200K health pool.

Like I said, if I wanted to setup a PowerAura for it I could but I don't need any more visual spam TYVM. As a tank, I really need to focus on tanking, and while I'd love to click the lightwell, the fact is that if it distracts me for even a second, it just isn't worth it for a drop in the bucket. Now if it amplified healing say 5% while it was active, sure. But either the benefit needs to be great enough to outweigh risks of distraction, or it needs to be painfully obvious when its active for me to consider it.
    How often is the main tank also tanking the adds?

15+ Year Old Account
    If DPS are taking damage, and hover at ~20% and I haven't seen my LW hot tick up on them once, I let them die.

Use the LW. FREE HEALS. Literally, free. I even recast it in the middle of encounters, because it's THAT good.

10+ Year Old Account
    LW is amazing, those who don't use it are holding back your raid.

yes, and if you haven't trained your dps that they HAVE to try to empty the lightwell, you're missing out.

I like it when my lightwell disappears. makes me feel all wooly inside.

Tanks shouldn't be expected to LW imo, although a tank that does click it is that much more impressive.

I like lightwells, I hate the need to click them though (Too far away, limited charges, people clustering on it). It would be cool if it was like the lightwells in the old ToC 5 man instance, shooting balls of light at people.

I devour lightwell charges on my Hunter. Can't top charts if I'm dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    Tell people to use it on vent. If they don't they are baddies.
    This.

After the first month of raiding in december "click the lightwell" must have been said about 20 times during every encounter.

I just have click it when I'm below 80% health now. If i don't my computer might explode! D:

Lightwell can easily make or break a fight in certain situations, people should be using it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    ive even stopped creating it during raids on my priest alt, nobody clicks it anyway, so why to spend mana on it ?
    Any time the well is down and the raid is taking damage the RL and/or priest should be saying multiple times something along the lines of "lightwell is down use it" "Click the light well" or anything really. After a few raids of constant hounding magically your raid will be looking for Light wells when they take incoming damage. Practice makes perfect...

Be fucking proactive... a "woe is me" attitude will get you no where.

Death improves everyone's reputation...

Quote Originally Posted by Leorina View Post
    I like lightwells, I hate the need to click them though (Too far away, limited charges, people clustering on it). It would be cool if it was like the lightwells in the old ToC 5 man instance, shooting balls of light at people.
    "Hey Farva, what's the name of that spell you like with all the goofy sh*t flying out of it?"

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    "Hey Farva, what's the name of that spell you like with all the goofy sh*t flying out of it?"
    If only I could pistol-whip the **** out of people...
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    I always click it, regardless of the role I play.

Why pass up an awesome heal?

If it's down and I happen to be in range of it I'll use it, otherwise no.

High Overlord Loriginalediscipline's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot imagine that people still dont use it. Oh wait, i dont want to boost the hps of my fellow healer, i prefer to wipe then using this shit. /facepalm.

a tauren standing on the lightwell? Tell him to GTFO of the preciousssss. your self healing is more reliable? dude what about you focus on dpsing, open your big eyes and click the LIGHTWELL. 20 yard range, can click while casting, dont know what more you can ask. want me to click it for you? sadly, we cant do that yet, because id be that guy.

everytime i go holy and i drop it, i get whisper saying me gooooooooood we have a LW, keep it up on cd. it saves mana to your healers... wich mean more mana for longer fight. only baddies makes excuse to not use it. '' i was to far '' '' someone was on it ''
    lor

15+ Year Old Account
    Use it? Shit, I have it GLYPHED!

And you bet your ass my raid members use it. Because I (as well as my raid leader) have drilled it into their skull that if they died and they didn't click the Lightwell, then we as the healers aren't listening to their shit ass whining about it because it was their own stupid fault.

It is (and actually always has been) Holy's most mana efficient healing spell. Period. If you're not using it in 4.2 in Firelands, then I'd dare say two things. Your raid members are bad for not using it, and you're bad for not speccing into it. There were so many fights where Lightwell was ungodly useful in this corrent tier of content, and I am sure there will be a nice supply of bosses in 4.2 where it will be just as much so.

Also, I make sure to click it when I'm on other characters and a priest drops one.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present