Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Go ahead and try 4 healers. Don't come back here and complain when everyone already said to stick with 2 or 3.

Deleted
    ive 2 healer magmaw, omnotron , atramedes, halfus, chogall and sinestra.

so theres no need to go 4 heal on any fight its dumbas fuck

Deleted
    In most cases I've found that replacing healers with DPS makes encounters easier than adding more healers.

Deleted
    Six healers is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Suntwat View Post
    bringing in an extra healer will probably only make it worse then. if 3 healers isn't enough, either your healers are 'terrible' or your dps still stands in fire.
    fix that, instead of bringing an extra healer?
    Yes bringing an extra healer wont help.

---------- Post added 2011-06-19 at 10:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    In most cases I've found that replacing healers with DPS makes encounters easier than adding more healers.
    This also so the boss dies faster.

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

The only boss where 4 healers is usefull is Al'akir.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think if you want to bring 4 healers to a fight just so you last a bit longer so you can see more of the fight as a learning process, that's fine, but not as a permanent solution. For most fights unless you have exceptionally high dps you will run in to problems with enrage timers or being over-run with adds that you can't kill in time.

Your healers and tanks need to manage cooldowns better and your dps needs to stop standing in fire.

Deleted
    I saw you mentioned going oom early, sounds like a holy paladin I recently pugged with, the guy came back after a break since wotlk and he was very nervous before we started, and asked for a couple of helpful tips (I was the other healer in the group, and mentioned I also had a H-pally). turns out his biggest problem was he didn't know to judgement for mana back (lol).

you sure your issue isn't just something like that? forgetting to use mana-returning abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Trerown View Post
    Hitting enrages isn't the problem, we normally go oom early in the fight or lose Tanks or Raid members to heavy points in damage like Maloriak's Red Breath, Searing Flame and Lava Spew.
    If raid members are dying to searing flame then either the gong isn't being hit fast enough or your raid members are gaining sound (which is easily avoided). That's not a healer problem. Searing flames doesn't hit hard enough to kill anyone unless they have managed to acquire ridiculous sound.

Deleted
    There is a downside to bringing 4 healers on pretty much every fight except Al'Akir. Some guilds did it on ODS, but that was before they nerfed the magmatron AoE and it required an insane amount of healing.

Halfus - Really this fight is about getting the first adds down fast, then it's easy, 4 healers will only keep you in the high-damage phase for way longer. Some guilds do it this way but it's not the best (pre-nerf you could use a disc priest spamming smites on halfus as 4th healer).
    Chimaeron - This wouldn't be so bad with 4 healers, but the last 20% phase may be a pain. Most guilds wipe due to tank getting 1shot from a lack of cooldowns/correct switching so more healers won't help that.
    Atramedes - There isn't much healing to be done in this fight, if people are dying it's because they're getting maxed sound and healing can't prevent that. You want to kill him as quickly as possible.
    Maloriak - You need to be able to kill the swills in time and the adds during green phase. It's actually best to kill 3 abberations with the swills, so you only have 6 in green phase, which is possible if you have decent aoe dps. Phase 2 is a nuke phase with more and more of those frost orbs spawning.
    Magmaw - This is mainly about killing the adds fast so you can switch to Magmaw a bit, since 1 dps is kiting all the time and 2 need to use chains, replacing a dps with a healer will extend the fight by a huge amount. Also phase 2 is a nuke phase where you really don't want to have to deal with more than 2 lava spews.
    V+T - You could use 1 tank and 4 healers, but there isn't much point. Shortening the fight so that your twilight guy has less time to screw up is a better idea.
    Ascendant Council - You need good dps here for phase 3 and the phase 1 shield, 4 healers would make the fight far more difficult.
    Cho'gall - Again this fight needs a lot of dps, this is really a 2 healer fight.
    Conclave - It's not a healing intensive fight, and if you only take 4 dps you're either going to struggle on nature platform adds or struggle on getting rohash HP down..
    Last edited by mmoc9f738f0006; 2011-06-20 at 11:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bringing in an extra healer is rarely the solution to the problems described.

Either your healers haven't yet grown accustomed to "healing-cata-style!" or they're simply bad or something.

Or maybe all of you guys are taking too much damage because of not moving out of stuff.

Maybe the tanks haven't specced into vital talents or don't put in the ideal glyphs for certain fights.

Maybe the strategy you use simply doesn't work well for your setup or it just doesn't work for you as well as it does for another raid. I've seen that problem often. What works perfectly for one raid doesn't have to be the way to go for another.

There are million possible reasons for healers to go oom aside from healers having L2P issues.

Can you provide logs? It would help with analyzing where the problems in your raid lie.

Deleted
    You got any logs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    The only boss where 4 healers is usefull is Al'akir.
    sorry but no, bringin 4 healers to HC al akir is dumbest thing one can do, unless your dps is best in the world which i doubt

Deleted
    The question was never if it is possible, the question is why would you do it since it takes longer.

Quote Originally Posted by bobi1337 View Post
    sorry but no, bringin 4 healers to HC al akir is dumbest thing one can do, unless your dps is best in the world which i doubt
    No it isn't.... lots of 10m guilds have killed it with 1 Tank/4 Healer, just because you never have used the strategy doesn't mean it is "the dumbest thing one can do", your ignorance is astounding.

Al'Akir is the only hardmode fight where I've heard four healers is ideal. Three seems like the best balance, maybe dropping down to two in some cases when you've got the fight down pat.

I think ultimately you ought to evaluate your healers' output or your raid's ability to get out of fire before you decide to go with four healers, though. If this is an issue of simply having too many healers on your roster and not enough dps, maybe consider having one of your healers build up his DPS off-spec?

Only fights that need to be 3 healed are Cho'Gall, Nefarian, Chimaeron and Halfus, IMO. Maybe council. 4 healing is just a huge DPS loss.

the only fights where 4 healers is viable and useful is alakir hc and nef hc, in my alt run we use 4 healers to kill nef every week as it makes this boss easy mode, you just have to have decent dps to beat the enrage and last kill we beat it by 40 secs so easy 372 end boss loot. Alakir can be done with 3 healers although you need a perfect setup as the healing gets tough near the end of ph2 but if you dps is good bring 4 along to make it easy mode.

all other bosses just use 3 healers apart from chogal which only needs 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Oshkoshbgosh View Post
    Al'Akir is the only hardmode fight where I've heard four healers is ideal. Three seems like the best balance, maybe dropping down to two in some cases when you've got the fight down pat.
    alakir hc cant be done with 2 healers, there is alot of RNG invovled and no matter how skilled the healers are they just wont be able to heal enough, you most likely wont make it out of ph1 with just 2 healers. 3 is the minimum you need to be able to reach the whole raid and survive.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2011-06-20 at 04:45 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Deleted
    Mhm, we are doing NEF HC also with 4 Healer's. Our 4 main dps classes (mage, hunter, boomkin and SP) are all reaching 30k in this fight. As a conclusion of this the crackle in p3 comes in too fast for 3 healers to handle. We would have to stop DPS'ing if we had 5 DPS classes. 4 healer make p2 and 3 so easy... why not bring 4 healers. we beat the enrage usually by 1,5 min.

All other fight i cant imagine bringing more than 3 thought.

Instead of bringing a fourth, kick the worst of your 3 and take in the guy that would be fourth.

---------- Post added 2011-06-20 at 01:24 PM ----------

An extra dps can take off up to a minute of boss time, in a 10 man that is.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.