Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    the only fights where 4 healers is viable and useful is alakir hc and nef hc, in my alt run we use 4 healers to kill nef every week as it makes this boss easy mode, you just have to have decent dps to beat the enrage and last kill we beat it by 40 secs so easy 372 end boss loot. Alakir can be done with 3 healers although you need a perfect setup as the healing gets tough near the end of ph2 but if you dps is good bring 4 along to make it easy mode.

all other bosses just use 3 healers apart from chogal which only needs 2.

alakir hc cant be done with 2 healers, there is alot of RNG invovled and no matter how skilled the healers are they just wont be able to heal enough, you most likely wont make it out of ph1 with just 2 healers. 3 is the minimum you need to be able to reach the whole raid and survive.
    Oh, sorry for making that unclear. The sentences about "three healers being the best balance" and "two being possible when you've got a fight down pat" were referring to encounters other than Al'Akir.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trerown View Post
    Hitting enrages isn't the problem, we normally go oom early in the fight or lose Tanks or Raid members to heavy points in damage like Maloriak's Red Breath, Searing Flame and Lava Spew.

We always follow elitistjerks theorycrafting and everything, it's just a matter of our skill not being awesome enough. We've put a real ton of effort and research in even though you might not believe it, but it's just not a matter of that. We use our CD's at the heavy points but it just doesn't work for us, sorry. :P
    I would recommend an addon like GTFO that yells at you when you stand in stuff you shouldn't, also you should ask your healers to step up their game...If they can't outheal the breath they're doing something wrong or your group isn't stacking well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matik View Post
    No it isn't.... lots of 10m guilds have killed it with 1 Tank/4 Healer, just because you never have used the strategy doesn't mean it is "the dumbest thing one can do", your ignorance is astounding.
    3 healing it was already faceroll so why the fuck would one bring 4th healer? i dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    Instead of bringing a fourth, kick the worst of your 3 and take in the guy that would be fourth.
    He already said he raided with these people a lot and wants to continue so. Sounds like the typical
    "guild-family"-like guild.

To the OP:

I would ask another question, not if somebody in the group is awful, but which HMs you did try.
    Maybe you tried the wrong ones first (the harder ones). Personally I would recommend starting
    with Atramedes HM. He is not that hard. After him probably Maloriak, then Chim or Magmaw.

Also sometimes setup might help. For example a DK kiting the adds helps a lot on Magmaw HM,
    and I think for other fights also setup can help (of course if you always raid with the same team, the setup will be the same - but maybe you can start with the encounters which are best suited
    for your setup).

Well, I guess now it is firelands anyways ^^

As another one posted, I definitely would advice to have your people install GTFO... this addon
    is a good help, even with good players IMHO. And BigWigs as bossmod, with the voice countdown which can be configured ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Traigor View Post
    why would u wanna keep 4 healer while nearly all of em r doable with two =) " luv raid alot, gief longer fights " etc ? ^^
    Coolstorybro. The HC fights are not "nearly all" doable with 2 heals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
    He already said he raided with these people a lot and wants to continue so. Sounds like the typical
    "guild-family"-like guild.

To the OP:

I would ask another question, not if somebody in the group is awful, but which HMs you did try.
    Maybe you tried the wrong ones first (the harder ones). Personally I would recommend starting
    with Atramedes HM. He is not that hard. After him probably Maloriak, then Chim or Magmaw.

Also sometimes setup might help. For example a DK kiting the adds helps a lot on Magmaw HM,
    and I think for other fights also setup can help (of course if you always raid with the same team, the setup will be the same - but maybe you can start with the encounters which are best suited
    for your setup).

Well, I guess now it is firelands anyways ^^

As another one posted, I definitely would advice to have your people install GTFO... this addon
    is a good help, even with good players IMHO. And BigWigs as bossmod, with the voice countdown which can be configured ^^
    Thank you for the actual help, unlike a lot of people just saying "lolol with 3 hc modes are so faceroll". We gave up on Magmaw and Maloriak and spent an evening on Atramedes, with 3 Healers. We finally got him down after a few nights and find him really, really easy on Healing, far far easier than Halfus who still takes us a few hours of wipes until we get seemingly get a 'lucky' try.