Patchy Lag Spikes

During gameplay i keep experiencing random lag spikes/ FPS drops. I dunno if its from an addon or not, but i keep getting a popup that says some addons may be causing undesirable effects on the game. Its really annoying during PvP/ Raids because my raid relies on me and its hard to focus when the screen is jumping around. It usually happens every 10-15 mins for a minute or two at a time, and it causes my FPS to drop under 10. So like i said im not sure if its from an addon or if my computer is bugging out. Heres a list of my current addons-

Atlas
    Atlasloot
    Bartender
    Decursive
    GatherMate2
    Grid
    GridManaBars
    Omen
    OmniCC
    Quartz
    Recount
    X-Perl UnitFrames
    Deadly Boss Mods
    There are also quite a few addons with something called Lib in front of them (dunno what they're from), like this-
    Lib: Ace3
    Lib: ActionButton-1.0
    Lib: Babble-Boss 3.0 etc.

Also, just a random thought, i play on a laptop and it usually gets pretty hot when im on WoW, do you think that could be the reason? although i dont seem to have the problem when WoW isnt up

Did you try to turn all addons off and see if it helps?

Make sure everything's updated. They all look like popular addons so I'm not sure which one it might be. In the Interface Help menu, try turning LUA errors on to see which addon is giving you errors.

The ones with Lib in front of them are Libraries which are core sets of code needed to run most addons.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    And yes, a laptop getting very hot CAN cause screen glitches, display lag, and short hangs. This is a sign to Turn The Laptop Off before you permanently damage it. I suggest investing in a laptop cooler - there are many available, some of which require external power, some of which can run from a USB port.