Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    if it makes you feel any better about the comics DL's new one is already out ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    The journal is actually pretty detailed

I'm impressed and welcome it to my game
    I'm looking forward to this feature!

Nooooo! They removed Crabby from the top left icon of the encounter journal

Quote Originally Posted by Humanenemy View Post
    Nooooo! They removed Crabby from the top left icon of the encounter journal
    I also just noticed
    why would they remove him?? why? why?
    Lilian Voss Fanclub!

10+ Year Old Account
    about the MMO report: the game they are showing off at the start is a pure copy of a game called Dofus, same characters/models, world, movement system, combat system and everything O.o

Another convenience... problem is that there's has been too many conveniences introduced over time, which make a game lame, shallow, boring. The ultimate convenience is not to play at all, then you don't need to do anything about it. Inconveniences should be praised, especially in MMORPG's, otherwise there isn't a sense of achievement, discovery, progression, surprise and overall character to the game.
    Last edited by Psychedelicious; 2011-06-20 at 12:16 AM.

Deleted
    the journal covers all dungeons and raids of every expansion? looks like a useful feature kinda like atlass loot

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    Blizz thinks people will read the journals to know fights now? The idiots who made Blizz introduce this journal into the game are 10 year olds who go into boss fights not knowing a thing and wiping the raid. Blizzard thinks 10 year olds can read?
    Most 10 year olds I know can read....Not sure where you're from though!

Quote Originally Posted by Yisera View Post
    Im not sure if there are any addons that make the same crap as this journal. But I'm sure that if you're talking about DBM you're way off of the topic. Seriously DBM only tells you timers for activities, if you know what that activity is or not, that's up to you. And IMO whoever doesn't use DBM in raidinng is either too pro or just TOO STUPID. I'm sure it's more likely to be the second one. And like someone said, the journal won't kill the boss for you. You can be explained everything there is to be known about the fight, if you still suck and are a fail dipshit you won't get far in the fight. Simple as that. There's nothing about being elitist or not in here.
    go into your dbm options, load the module for bot, click on halfus and mouse over some of the stuff. you're in for a suprise.
    Last edited by fews; 2011-06-20 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychedelicious View Post
    Another convenience... problem is that there's has been too many conveniences introduced over time, which make a game lame, shallow, boring. The ultimate convenience is not to play at all, then you don't need to do anything about it. Inconveniences should be praised, especially in MMORPG's, otherwise there isn't a sense of achievement, discovery, progression, surprise and overall character to the game.
    Absofuckinglutely right on the money. Instead of exploring a dungeon you find and defeating the enemies you encounter, you get a journal telling you where to get your next bracer upgrade, the abilities the enemy will use against you, and their location.

Doorways are the bane of all Tauren

Deleted
    DLS for pres!

Deleted
    Hm...forgive me if I haven't noticed this before if it was already implemented, but does the dungeon journal only feature guides and Loot Tables for Cataclysm raids and dungeons only, or Pre-Cata raids and dungeons also?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    On the one hand I don't see the problem with them providing a list of tactics a boss uses during an encounter, but on the other hand I wonder if the development time would have been better spent giving us another 5-man in 4.2 or any other additional content.
    Please, don't ever ever work in the professional game industry, it'll shatter your mind. Interface designers being held accountable for event design...funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Deployed View Post
    Please, don't ever ever work in the professional game industry, it'll shatter your mind. Interface designers being held accountable for event design...funny.
    What I meant was that they should be putting more resources behind the development teams that crank out content and not spend their WoW budget on a tool such as the Dungeon Journal right now. The biggest problem with WoW at the moment is that it is quite frankly more boring than ever and there really isn't all that much to do. I know that is my opinion, but I do not think I am alone. If Blizzard wants to make sure the goose keeps laying golden eggs until Titan is ready then they need to up their game a bit.

---------- Post added 2011-06-20 at 02:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frostveins View Post
    Hm...forgive me if I haven't noticed this before if it was already implemented, but does the dungeon journal only feature guides and Loot Tables for Cataclysm raids and dungeons only, or Pre-Cata raids and dungeons also?
    Only Cataclysm raids and dungeons in the 4.2 Encounter Journal. They say that they will add journal entries for older dungeons in the future.

Very nice Encounter Journal...time to drop atlasloot :P

I like it mainly for the loot tables, most of the people QQing are still going to play. Once it hits they'll bitch for a week or so then get over it.

The sad thing is even with these encounter journals people will still fail. I mean, some people actually have lives they don't have time to read encounter journals!

---------- Post added 2011-06-20 at 09:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    The Encounter Journal is a nice addition. It won't change the difficulty level of various encounters. People who say that this makes raiding easier, is wrong.

It's like you're going on a quest and the questgiver warns you about the boss's abilities and the precious loot you can have.

It will help you, but it won't kill the boss for you. write this down, it's a nice piece of advice.
    It won't for everyone who is not world 1-5th. But I can imagine that it was fun for guilds to find out the tactics for themselves.

But yes it's the same as reading up on abilities on mmo-c except now it's even easier. But people will still come up with excuses for not reading it while the only reason is is that they are lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Absofuckinglutely right on the money. Instead of exploring a dungeon you find and defeating the enemies you encounter, you get a journal telling you where to get your next bracer upgrade, the abilities the enemy will use against you, and their location.
    I can give you all of the information that you need to make a 100% on the test, but if you don't use it correctly, then you will still fail. The same logic applies to the EJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Deployed View Post
    Uhmm... oke... Blizzard, as a company, is still the one who decided to put resources into interface design while rehashing raids and dungeons for two expansions now. Maybe this is good for the company but users rather see new content, like dungeons, than an encounter journal which probably more then half of the users doesn't need. You push two more buttons and you have the same information on your screen.

He actually didn't held interface designers accountable for event design. He was talking about Blizzard. I guess you just tried to be smart so you can feel a little better about yourself by insulting someone else.