Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The argument that this makes raiding easier is ridiculous, All this does is give you a firm layout of everything the boss does, it doesnt tell you where to stand or how to defeat the boss, it just gives you a readout of what they do and what's happening with the fight. If anything it'll help people devise their own strategies and not to mention help new players in heroics figure out what's going on. This is a grand addition and I'm thankful they are adding it.

Road to Patch 4.2
    Nice link. Open the same news in a new window.

That new EA MMO sounds like a pathetic, JP-type endless grieffest of a waste of time.

I mean, seriously, they are implementing a 'governer' who can turn off the ability to make guilds in the ENTIRE GAME?

That game is going to have the biggest RMT known to fucking man, and I think EA knows that and wants in on it. They will probably offer microtransactions to get more votes, or endorse gold selling so that people can buy votes.

Just....ugh... EA is so sad now.

I guess the new 'cool' thing to do in F2Ps is politics. I think the world gets enough of corrupt people in positions of power irl. Nty.
    Last edited by Knirps; 2011-06-21 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    • An "heroic only" filter to display abilities and variations of the fight only happening in Heroic Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    For example, this is the journal entry for Beth'tilac, one of the bosses of the Firelands raid instance.
    Why yes, I -did- just correct your grammar.

Teh gladiators are just sinking down every week , its not even remotely funny anymore...

Deleted
    Nice! No more forgetting when a boss enters the next phase

why blizzard are making this game more and more easier...this is ridiculous dungeon journal

That is more like a dungeon guide than a journal.

Yes, many games do have "-pedias / journals / guides" built in games, but not in a fashion where it spoils "the fun and experience" out of the encounters anyway even before player get in there. To "unlock" the info of the beasts, mobs, their abilities and encounter type (if there is any) player NEED TO FIGHT MOBS FIRST!

Imagine yourself that in X-COM / UFO or any other respective solo RPG you get entire "journal" unlocked, with story spoilers, all the info of mobs and their abilities, including a final boss fight with a "rough sketch" of stages described.

WOULD ANYONE WANT TO PLAY SUCH A GAME?

If the book looking thing is the actual journal whats the icon that looks like the DK helms icon?

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see how people can complain about the Dungeon Journal. 99% of all players just use YouTube as their dungeon journal. Is there some pride in maintaining pseudo-eliteness over those who don't think to or can't be arsed to look up strategies on YouTube? Really?

Every last detail that is exposed by this feature is the sort of thing every damn one of you (who claims to care) will already know before you pull the boss, because it will already have been revealed by players who finished the content on the PTR or the first day or two of release.

This changes nothing, except maybe it saves the real pioneers a handful of pulls. The challenge has always been in mastering the encounter mechanics, not discovering them. Discovering them was like 1% of 1% of the effort.
    Last edited by videotape; 2011-06-20 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puntar View Post
    That is more like a dungeon guide than a journal.

Yes, many games do have "-pedias / journals / guides" built in games, but not in a fashion where it spoils "the fun and experience" out of the encounters anyway even before player get in there. To "unlock" the info of the beasts, mobs, their abilities and encounter type (if there is any) player NEED TO FIGHT MOBS FIRST!

Imagine yourself that in X-COM / UFO or any other respective solo RPG you get entire "journal" unlocked, with story spoilers, all the info of mobs and their abilities, including a final boss fight with a "rough sketch" of stages described.

WOULD ANYONE WANT TO PLAY SUCH A GAME?
    no one ever said you had to use it did they?... stop your qqing.

Deleted
    I'd say this is good. A lot of people I know can't (or won't) go and check tactics out-of-game on a website because it'd mean closing their wow screen. And for some that means opening the door to a system crash, for others during pugs I have just heard the message that they can't be bothered to do it. This runs in-game, no excuse (or rather also, no big risks of crashing your entire rig)

Dungeon Journal looks nice!

Deleted
    Journal looks good, deff gonna help me to explain someting in a pug for example, now you can just link it. and @mmo news, politics in games look intresting, can eitheri become a grief fest, or a lot ot fun.

looks like you got some bad latency eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumar View Post
    how many elitiest do you guys think are going to say that this journal makes WoW easier and that blizz is making this game too easy, when we all know they have addons that do exactly what this does
    The game was always easy for good people, this journal wont change anything really because people will still have to learn the encounter,
    they will just be more prepared on what to expect.

---------- Post added 2011-06-20 at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
    That new EA MMO sounds like a pathetic, JP-type endless grieffest of a waste of time.I mean, seriously, they are implementing a 'governer' who can turn off the ability to make guilds in the ENTIRE GAME?That game is going to have the biggest RMT known to fucking man, and I think EA knows that and wants in on it. They will probably offer microtransactions to get more votes, or endorse gold selling so that people can buy votes.Just....ugh... EA is so sad now.I guess the new 'cool' thing to do in F2Ps is politics. I think the world gets enough of corrupt people in positions of power irl. Nty.
    What game are you talking about?

why would you ever give it a shift + ctrl + whatever key bind...