Idea for storage problem...

So I was on my druid earlier, and looking at his overflowing bank (full 22 slot bags and only spaces to spare), when I thought of a really good idea that I'd like to bounce off you guys and see what the community thinks. Blizzard has stated that they don't like the idea of creating bigger and bigger bags for the stuff we want to keep, and I agree with that. Only problem is, I and others have stuff that is only obtainable once (Gnomeregan Drape). This presents a problem when trying to decide what to keep and what to vendor. Now for my idea....

Why not have an NPC that basically becomes a "costumer". You "sell" an item to him for vendor price, he in turn "stores" the item for you. You could then come back and borrow these items again at a later time for RP purposes or whatever. This NPC would basically have access to every item in game, but you would only be able to use what you had turned in, thereby eliminating people from walking around with gear they hadn't earned.

So what do you guys think? Blizz could polish it up some, but the rough idea is there. Thoughts, comments, ideas, suggestions are welcome. Trolling posts, flames, and abusiveness can take a hike. Let me know what you think!

Sounds kinda like the iCloud. Interesting application to WoW though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would also cut down on the whole "AHHH I GOT HACKED NOW I HAS TO HAVE WAIT 1 WEEK FOR BLIZZ TO RETURN ITENZ

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

How about like a pawn shop? Or perhaps storage shop? Where the premise is you give to the vendor and get charged a weekly storage rate or you can sell to the vendor for 5g but it costs 20g to buyback, I think both of those ideas could work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, I like the pawnshop idea. You can have your bigger storage, but the more you put in, the more you have to pay.

In fact, make it so that they have to pay a steady amount daily (however, you can pay a week's or month's worth of "rental" in one upfront payment, for thos who don't login everyday); failure to pay means the item will be auctioned off.
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )

Oh good idea on losing the item if you don't buy it back from the pawnbroker or pay your storage fees although implementing npc auction would be difficult I think .