deleted an archaeology boa

has anyone every deleted an archaeloogy boa and gotten it to come up a second time?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way, it's recorded as completed in the Arch UI, deleting it isn't going to make that disappear from the screen.

just open a ticket if you want it back

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    just open a ticket if you want it back
    I opened a ticket about the subject and they told me that they cant give away hints and discuss drop rates for items. They suggested I ask the forum community to see if anyone has answers on the subject. I do not want the item back, I am trying to answer the question for the archaeology community for wowdigsite.com

Thank you for your responses.

Morpsend

I'd imagine once you make a rare, it flags you server side so it doesn't appear twice. I'm not sure deleting it would undo this; I'd imagine the flag would be from the creation, not from say holding the item.

It's pretty annoying to test. If you delete the rare, how'd you know whether you're not getting the rare the 2nd time because you can't or because RNG hates you? It'd need GM confirmation, which apparently they're not wanting to divulge.

Good one. yeh, the website is devoted to archaeology information. we get asked questions like this all the time. i sent in a ticket and they told me they couldnt answer the question, or give out hints about drop rates and I should ask the community. We're working to know all we can about archaeology.

Quote Originally Posted by Omarian View Post
    Your signature with this post, irony dripping off it..
    To be fair if the info's not available it's the people providing the bible on the info that will look for it first. It's not SUCH a strange post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    To be fair if the info's not available it's the people providing the bible on the info that will look for it first. It's not SUCH a strange post.
    Kind of is. The Game Master told him to ask the community, yet he is promoting a community site based on the very profession he as an issue with. Granted if he wants the information to help the community, then fine. But as a community based site, he really should find out himself / get the community within the site to do some testing.

Yeh we're working on it, the forum section just started a week ago, so we're just getting started.

Simply put if you have an item, no you cannot get it a 2nd time on that character. They can restore an item to a character if it was truly deleted by accident.
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

Yeh thats what I think too, the mechanic of the game wont let you get it a second time.

Deleted
    Just delete the scarab pendant(BoA) has a high drop rate so should be figured out fast enough..
    If you want a new one just do like 10 digs on an alt

Deleted
    "It would appear that this GameMaster wants you to"
    *puts up sunglasses*...

"Keep digging for an answer.."

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    "It would appear that this GameMaster wants you to"
    *puts up sunglasses*...

"Keep digging for an answer.."
    lol

but yea, on topic, i think as it's a rare artifact, once it's completed it wont drop again, even if deleted. you'd have to level archaeology on another toon to be able to get it again.

you could theoretically have multiple BoA's from multiple toons with maxed out arch, but getting the same BoA to drop twice on the same toon wont happen, it would've been flagged as complete and removed from the loot table for that race, on whichever toon you solved it on.

I believe a rare can only be solved once.
    Otherwise it would need to keep track of the location of each completed rare from any given character, taking into account simply mailing or even character transfer.
    That just sounds tedious.

I've been working on testing this, I started a new alt, and each of the blue rares i've deleted them. I don't think it is possible and i don't want to waste too much time to prove it.

I deleted a bunch of my rares on my main, and have done alot of solves after deletion. I think its safe to say the answer is no.