So how much do you think Living Embers will sell for?

So with Living Embers being the Primordial Saronite of this coming patch, how much do ya'll think it will sell for in the first few weeks?

Edit: I've read that these are no longer required for the legendary quest line :c so much for playing the market.
    Last edited by RCTFORME; 2011-06-20 at 03:22 PM.

5k sounds reasonable, but i highly doubt every caster entering firelands will be on that quest... if you're not picked to get the staff first in your guild, why would you waste 125k (assuming you buy all 25 at 5k each) to get a staff with slightly lower ilvl than firelands gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to say closer to 7-10K.. Which will make it 28-40K per craftable 378 which seems reasonable. At least for the first few weeks, it'll get down to about 5K in about a month i think.. Just depends what the drop rates are like
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

I thought they changed the Dragonwrath questline to use a different item.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think if they are purchasable around 5kish. Thats what I recall saronites going for @ the start of ICC. Then again I am currently on a server with like 1/10th the population now so not sure what to expect come next patch.

im thinking about 10k a pop on this server (twisting nether) atleast, everything is overpriced. . . . damn gougers run the AH

10+ Year Old Account
    Living Embers are not longer used for the questline
    It is Eternal Embers now

So the living embers are going to be used only for the crafting proffesions (6 bs patterns, 8 lw patterns and 4 tailor patterns)

probably around 6-7k for the first month or so, then as more people get into firelands itll drop to around 2k

Embers you need for the legendary questline =/= Embers that you need for the craftables
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    5K? Don't be Naïve! I'm seriously thinking they're are going to sell for about 10-15k gold for the first month, and slowly go to about 9k once the first big wave of people get the first 3-4 bosses on farm.

I don't think I'll see 5k per, until a few guilds get all VP'd out nd start spending them on shit to sell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    5K? Don't be Naïve! I'm seriously thinking they're are going to sell for about 10-15k gold for the first month, and slowly go to about 9k once the first big wave of people get the first 3-4 bosses on farm.

I don't think I'll see 5k per, until a few guilds get all VP'd out nd start spending them on shit to sell.
    I second this.

It depends where they drop from and how often they drop and if they are purchasable with VP. I'd say around 10-12k for the first little bit, gradually going down from there...and people will pay that regardless. I don't expect many to be on the market at first, but I could be wrong, most guilds that will actually be killing stuff in there will be using them for its members....and I don't think your average trash run group is going to be succesful off the bat either, sounds like a lot of the trash is a Pita and generally people who run these outside of guilds are not the best of players so I'd expect a lot of wiping in those.

15+ Year Old Account
    You should also take note that the craftables also need a lot of truegold, which is in low supply to start with, so those estimates are way off once AH runs out of it :P

Quote Originally Posted by RCTFORME View Post
    So with Living Embers being the Primordial Saronite of this coming patch, how much do ya'll think it will sell for in the first few weeks?

You know every caster who enters the firelands in any kind of guild will be on the questline, and since every one of them will need 25 embers, the prices should go through the roof right away. Also keep in mind that they're going to be used to craft the new epic recipies for tailoring, leatherworking and blacksmithing.

I know it will be different for each server, but what do you all think they'll be selling for? I want to say at least 5k to start. Hopefully they'll be purchasable with valor points the same way primo saronites were.
    They changed the quest so you don't need Living embers anymore but insteed you need eternal embers. Eternal embers drop from fireland bosses and can only be obtained if you are on the quest and it seems you can not trade them http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=29135/all-seeing-eye

Olso read http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Living-Embers

Quote Originally Posted by bear1234 View Post
    They changed the quest so you don't need Living embers anymore but insteed you need eternal embers. Eternal embers drop from fireland bosses and can only be obtained if you are on the quest and it seems you can not trade them http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=29135/all-seeing-eye

Olso read http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Living-Embers
    Yes but isn't that like the Shards in ICC with Shadowmourne? it took X number of raid wide drops/token mats to start the weapon and then shards to upgrade the weapon further.

Would be strange if the same thing wont happen now, people wanting their legendary first either have to pay up (or guild has to) and guild has to feed the drops aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Yes but isn't that like the Shards in ICC with Shadowmourne? it took X number of raid wide drops/token mats to start the weapon and then shards to upgrade the weapon further.

Would be strange if the same thing wont happen now, people wanting their legendary first either have to pay up (or guild has to) and guild has to feed the drops aswell.
    Living Embers have nothing to do woth the legendary, they are only used for craftables. Eternal Embers are for the first part of the staff, they replace Primordial Saronites and then in a later quest you'll need to collect another type of ledendary shard to finish the staff.

I personally think it's a good change, people will have to kill stuff to get the staff and not just buy them off the AH which only inflates the price of craftables.
    Last edited by Daffyduck; 2011-06-20 at 02:56 AM.

It's a good thing the questline requires Eternal Embers and not Living Embers.

Only for craftables not the legendary quest line, after a few weeks theyll be down to 2-3k.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the first week, likely 5k per pop as it goes on through the week

2-3ks