Deleted

Can someone tell me something about this new API?

Over the past few months there's been regular chat about a new API Blizzard is implementing, mostly in form of discussions on the UI/Tech-Forums.

Now as far as I know, it's somehow connected to a new armory and will allow people to access more information....or something?

Can someone take a moment to explain what this new API is all about and if it is something to look forward to. What will it change?

An api is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/API (wiki ftw)

What it means that they are making a new, more advanced way for 3rd party developers to work with the new armory system. It will let you grab more information from a characters armory though a program or mod (realm, arena team, guild, race, etc etc blah blah). An API just is how 2 programs/servers/webpage applets can talk to each other within a set of rules. It will open the doors for a few new online apps/mods/websites to come out, as well as improve the speed in which somethings (like wow-heroes for example) can update and handle information.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Deleted
    Oh that's pretty sweet.

Does that mean sites like WoWcensus could potentially draw information right from the armory instead of relying on player submitted data?

If they made an app that would dredge through every armory, yes, though some of the work is excessively hard(getting gender is a bitch right now). Though, since it would be done with a loop, a bit of testing and programming could make census run off the armory easily. Only thing is to make sure 1) the servers can handle the traffic (they can, as blizz has said, and it isn't that much traffic) and 2) it is allowed (it should be, not a big deal).
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.