Thread: Ashes Of Al'ar

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    In the past 3 weeks, 3 Al'ars have dropped for my guild, Aeriz, Eiri and Aeliren in case u dont belive me and wanna check armory :P

So we have been wondering aswell if the drop rate have been buffed... i know rng is rng.. but 3 mounts on 3 resets ??? thats lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, the OP never said anything about the need to feel special or that it should have been removed. OP merely pointed out that the drop rate could have been stealth buffed because he and 2 others got it within a short span. I'm amazed on how many people jumped on him for wanting to be unique, it was never implied that he felt he should be the only one to have it or that it should be removed from the game.

Seems as though some of the posters are jelly.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    In the past 3 weeks, 3 Al'ars have dropped for my guild, Aeriz, Eiri and Aeliren in case u dont belive me and wanna check armory :P

So we have been wondering aswell if the drop rate have been buffed... i know rng is rng.. but 3 mounts on 3 resets ??? thats lol.
    Yes RNG loves you, it has not been buffed <.<

I'm on my 26th kael solo kills

Q_Q

on a side note we also got 1 Eye of Ragnaros , left thunderfury binding, 2 offhand Warglaives and 1 Bow from Kil'jaden and a Mammoth from Voa on 2 weeks :>

Edit: Also i know of atleast 2 hordes on Ahn'Qiraj who's got it aswell since the start of june and 1 other alliance... cant help but wonder if something got changed.
    Last edited by Crazia; 2011-06-27 at 10:41 PM.

Why do people ask for items to be removed after they have gotten the item?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CoNKer180 View Post
    Why do people ask for items to be removed after they have gotten the item?
    The pride of humanity

People like to feel special

Yea I have recently thought of this also... For the Entirety of WOTLK there was only 1 person on my server with Ashes, and I believe he realm transferred off pretty quickly.

Never ever saw another person with it for the entire of WOTLK, now 6months into Cata there is about 6-8 people riding around with it. 4 of which got it on their 1st/2nd kills (I'm at 36 kills >.> )

So I am still led to believe that it is just RNG lameness and people finally getting some luck on the server with it... But I admittedly did feel something fishy was going on for awhile but eh. /fist @ RNG

IMO the Onyxian drake has become the premiere flying mount. I like Ashes, but you see one sitting in Org a lot. I think a lot of people have forgotten about the Onyxian drake. I run it every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    <-42kills so far
    my 27th-28th this weeks kill

=(

You can solo now Kel'tas? 5 months ago his mobs were strong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by magazz View Post
    Every week, every time

Every disappointment

Every frustration

/wrist

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    my 27th-28th this weeks kill

=(
    Kill 27 for me too, also no mount :P

10+ Year Old Account
    its just so much easier to do it with 2-3 man so that means the chance for a mount to drop on ur realm increases.
    if u dont believe me..
    lets say in wotlk there were 10 groups of 10 man that did tk weekly for the mount, thats 100 people
    now say those 100 people 2 man the place, thats 50 groups.
    i think its pretty clear that the chance of seeing alar on 50 kills a lot higher is then on 10 kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malpractis View Post
    please learn to read or go troll somewhere else.wth is wrong with you people!?

3 weeks ago i went there my second time to help some of my friends get it and it dropped (lost it with a roll of 90)
    next week same ppl go without me and it drops again :/
    Lol did YOU read? I read it just fine and it sounds like after he's been farming it and he finally got it he wants it removed from the game so no one else can get the mount so he can brag about it even more.

what gear do u have? My toon is still in crappy blues from Cata I don't think I can solo bear him and his friends can I?

Jesus you people are bitter.

He's asking SHOULD it be removed after being in the game for so long, not "Gee, I think it should be removed because I just got one."

Do not start connecting things that are not there people, an important deterrent to that is to read things carefully.

Yea, I know it's a stretch for some of you but I believe in you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by magazz View Post
    I used to be able to before they nerfed Word of Glory (as a prot paladin) but now it's just too much with the 20 second cooldown. It's highly likely a DK can do it with extreme ease, same for a hunter, but I thought Resentful was a rogue so I don't really know how he pulls that off.

Anyway, 46 kills post-tracker and 1 kill every reset during TBC with my guild, not a single drop. Good part is if one drops, I have no one to roll against.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    I used to be able to before they nerfed Word of Glory (as a prot paladin) but now it's just too much with the 20 second cooldown. It's highly likely a DK can do it with extreme ease, same for a hunter, but I thought Resentful was a rogue so I don't really know how he pulls that off.

Anyway, 46 kills post-tracker and 1 kill every reset during TBC with my guild, not a single drop. Good part is if one drops, I have no one to roll against.
    Recuperate <3 is amazing I even wrote a guide on it :O

Somewhere on the rogue forums!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    No, not all of them. If you have a clarify-able souce then please link it to us

The only mounts that drop are the old world stuff etc that people have already mentioned
    there is a blue post somewhere waaaay back i read - might take me a while to find it ><

Why are they making effing dk so over powerful? I watched on youtube videos dk soloing al'ar he had full T11. I play druid resto/bear and my husband is cat/bear and when we went there once like 7-8 months ago, we got owned by simple trash. I got mind control by mobs and my hubby turned into cat and ate me to pieces that's how it ended lol

Think it'S just RNG. I've farmed Anzu mount for 3 years if not more. It dropped once for me and I had to give it away. Some people from my guild got it on their first/second runs and on all their alts too. Makes me wanna scream