Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Patch 4.2: New PvP Mounts for Rated Battlegrounds

Patch 4.2: New PvP Mounts for Rated Battlegrounds
    For more information on Patch 4.2 mounts, check out our preview.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In order to best accommodate players under the unique play style of Rated Battlegrounds, we’ll be offering all-new PvP ground mounts -- the Vicious War Wolf (Horde) or Vicious War Steed (Alliance) -- in a unique way. If you want to sit your knickers on these sweet new rides come patch 4.2, Rage of the Firelands, you must earn achievements for winning either 75, 150, or 300 Rated Battlegrounds.

One account-bound mount will be awarded for each of these achievements earned, so if you win 300 Rated Battlegrounds with a character, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to give that character and two of your alts each a wolf or steed. Since these mounts are tied to each achievement and not to your placement on the competitive ladder, they will be awarded instantly rather than at the end of each season as with Arena mounts. Your Rated Battleground wins tracked for these achievements are cumulative and are not reset with each season, so you can work toward the reward at your own pace.

For those of you storming the front lines, protecting vital tactical positions, and keeping your teammates alive in Rated Battlegrounds, we wish you the best of luck in obtaining awards that befit your show of valor!

10+ Year Old Account
    kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwt

Brony Friend Finder--->http://tinyurl.com/4x88w3a Steam: Some form of Disso, (changes daily)

o i like the armor...

10+ Year Old Account
    Flags ruining it, also why catn alliance have tiger. Where's mounts for .5% of RBG ppl(glad equilevant)? Just another mount that wont use, wish it was BoE that i could sell...

thats a pretty pony me wants. too bad i hate rbgs lol might make it worth while to find a good pug group rofl.

Yay! looks like it is possible for non-obsessed people to get these mounts

10+ Year Old Account
    probably MC,trying to get eye of sulfuras >_>
    *joins pvp guild* im rdy for 4.2 >

the bottom left picture, that windmill looks really cool.

Flags ruining it,
    agreed messagetooshort

Pictures displaying PvP mounts in which the riders are equipped with PvE gear, interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks soooo nice! cant wait for mine!

dont get all hyped, a few fails in rbg is all it takes to say "satchel is not worth me queing" oh i mean the mount ...

It's mounts like that, that give me hope the new characters textures will be great. When/if they do them that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance mount looks awesome

I find it odd how the Horde mount has skulls on it, while the Alliance one has severed troll, orc and undead heads on it... I thought the Horde were the savage ones... You sick Alliance bastards. =P

When this first came around i missed the account bound, my dwarf will look so cool on the wolf.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am actually quite disappointed with the Alliance mounts comparatively. The wolves look so much better, they look nice and brand new, meanwhile the horses look like the same thing again. Don't get me wrong though, they still look good, I just think the Horde came out ahead again this time with the monts. The horses need to be bulked up a lot and made fuller, their size is otherwise quite wimpy, especially on larger classes, so anything above Humans.

---------- Post added 2011-06-20 at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    When this first came around i missed the account bound, my dwarf will look so cool on the wolf.
    I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is subject to Faction conversion. Considering the Horde and Alliance symbols and all.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

you must earn achievements for winning either 75, 150, or 300 Rated Battlegrounds.
    Epic fail, every single person that can faceroll to 1500 in rated bgs will have one of these. What's the point? Ugh, another dumb change that makes Rated BGs a complete joke. Why didn't they at least put a rating requirement on them like the weapons. 2200, 2400, SOMETHING. There is no accomplishment in this game. It's just a fucking joke.
    Last edited by epec; 2011-06-20 at 06:02 PM.

Too bad nobody cares about RBG's

Quote Originally Posted by epec View Post
    Epic fail, every single person that can faceroll to 1500 in rated bgs will have one of these. What's the point? Ugh, another dumb change that makes Rated BGs a complete joke. Why didn't they at least put a rating requirement on them like the weapons. 2200, 2400, SOMETHING. There is no accomplishment in this game. It's just a fucking joke.
    Rated BGs never took any skill...it's just a huge cluster f*ck with more balancing issues than Arenas has.