Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    ive been playing my warlock for 2 years now so theres nothing about warlocks i dont kno, and with a 351 ilvl i just do 15k dps in raids as destro, and 11k most as afflic, i already gave up on my warlock my main now is a ret paladin i do 14-17k dps in raids with a 355ilvl. Warlocks dps just plain sucks compared to other ranged classes, or maybe it doesnt but you have to be super pro to put out good numbers, probably thats why not a lot of ppl play locks, why play a warlock if you can outdps him spamming arcane blast as a mage, and for pvp why play a lock if u can be a frost mage....
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2011-06-20 at 09:06 PM.

Locks got nerfed so hard in PvP that they are only good in 2v2 and 3v3 arena. Though that's changing in 4.2 when multidotting will no longer be an option. In PvE Blizz has it in their minds how they want locks to play and is "balancing" things to make it how they want. And what they want is for us to be exactly like mages.

they are behind you....

i'll stick to my warlock untill wow die, or untill necromancer's release as a new class (99.9% chance to actually happen)
    Last edited by Garretdejiko; 2011-06-20 at 09:14 PM.

i believe they are too squishy - if we have a warlock in a dungeon or raid he is always the first to die - SQUISHY

Nothing wrong with locks, but I stopped playing mine as it's unrecognisable from the class I fell in love with.

Well coupled with the fact I only play classes that heal now but I always imagined I would keep playing my lock as long as I played WoW

PvE-wise locks in my opinion are quite good, I even hear affliction is topping some charts.

However pvp-wise it's so easy to rape a lock in my opinion. Their survivability is so shit atm, this is why I never pvp on my warlock which is a shame.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They all revolted after tiring of being the summoning lackey. That's my theory, anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing. They are teh fines.

Brony Friend Finder--->http://tinyurl.com/4x88w3a Steam: Some form of Disso, (changes daily)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    shame thats the only time a lock is even viable, is with a resto shammy, because shammy is the only healer op enough to keep them alive.
    Right, except for the fact that the 2 good healers atm are priest and shaman, priest and lock DR their CCs. Shamans are best for any comp except TSG and RMP.
    Locks dont die too fast, and they can play with just about every dps. Locks have been a top class for every season since the dawn of arenas.

Its a L2P thing, locks can seem very bad at low tier arenas.
    Although they might not be very fun in bgs tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    ive been playing my warlock for 2 years now so theres nothing about warlocks i dont kno, and with a 351 ilvl i just do 15k dps in raids as destro, and 11k most as afflic, i already gave up on my warlock my main now is a ret paladin i do 14-17k dps in raids with a 355ilvl. Warlocks dps just plain sucks compared to other ranged classes, or maybe it doesnt but you have to be super pro to put out good numbers, probably thats why not a lot of ppl play locks, why play a warlock if you can outdps him spamming arcane blast as a mage, and for pvp why play a lock if u can be a frost mage....
    pretty much this.

I played my lock for 3+ years now . ilvl 357 and pulling about 20K on single target (demo) . ever since pre-cata patch demo got nerfed to the ground both in survivabilty and DPS (fel armor SP gain from spirit , +5% health every 6 secs , felguard lost his taunt , etc..)

I love my lock , which is why I keep playing it , but I can say it takes more skilled than other classes to be played on par with other classes while lacking the flexibilty of a hybrid .

aff and destro are slighty better at hiding from nerf-bat but up until 4.2 where frost DK take our place blizz just loved to nerf us most .

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Most people choose mage over warlock when choosing a pure dps caster. Simply because mages have high survivability in bg/arena etc and are pretty godlike in pve aswell.
    I just loled. Id absolutely love to meet a mage that can kill me in a 1v1. If an arcane gets super lucky, maybe... but i've 1v2'd 2 frost mages by drain lifeing them both to death. Wasn't even hard.

To OP, i've been wondering the same thing also. Either they are all busy being awesome, or they have all been shelved. My realm used to have an over abundance of locks, but now all the higher tier raiding guilds are recruiting.... warlocks. Last I looked 5/7 of them were recruiting warlocks alone.

I guess if you are looking for a class that requires minimal thought and does good damage, a lock isn't the best... but I can go do TB dailies, and pull half a camp of quest mobs and come away with full health and 90% mana. Soooo.... lol
    Master of Things to DO

Warlocks dps just plain sucks compared to other ranged classes, or maybe it doesnt but you have to be super pro to put out good numbers, probably thats why not a lot of ppl play locks, why play a warlock if you can outdps him spamming arcane blast as a mage, and for pvp why play a lock if u can be a frost mage....
    Don't you ever play a elemental shaman then
    Can play any flavor of the month ;P
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...furie/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Right, except for the fact that the 2 good healers atm are priest and shaman, priest and lock DR their CCs. Shamans are best for any comp except TSG and RMP.
    Locks dont die too fast, and they can play with just about every dps. Locks have been a top class for every season since the dawn of arenas.

Its a L2P thing, locks can seem very bad at low tier arenas.
    Although they might not be very fun in bgs tbh.
    Locks die, VERY fast no defencive CD's and very limited movement. Walock used to be the tank or ranged, where you could get trained and not drop in 2 seconds, now you have no survivability no cooldowns and weak damage.

It isnt L2p atall i was 2400 before i quit, Sure not exceptionally high but high enough to prove i know my class, and that its terrible at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithor View Post
    Well I prefer the whole darker side of things, e.g warlocks lol, so I probably will roll one and I don't want a press 1 button arcane mage anyway ;D

Thanks alot guys.
    Haha, so funny! Implying arcane mages only spam one button loooool!!!

Jesus fucking christ.

10+ Year Old Account
    locks are the least played class of all. this is by a research by blizz, cba find it thou

you need to do some serious research on your lock before posting that "warlock dps sucks" if player correctly afflocks are really competitive on most fights. on fights that have more then one boss they simply destroy because of Soul Swap. I am not going to say that you are a bad player but i will say that you are definitely missing some valuable insight on your class. First of all dont play destro, affliction is the current highest dps spec and unless you are called to do some aoe on Cho'Gal or Maloriak, playing Destro just doesnt make sense. Instead of complaining about locks being bad, why dont you put up some WL links and/or armory link so the lock community can help you fix your dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeyecycle View Post
    Takes some skill to play..?
    I wouldn't really say that.

Yeah, recent changes have made destruction take a little bit more button pushing than before, but they still aren't the slightest bit difficult to play.

Unless you're talking about PVP. In which case I don't know and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuretsu View Post
    Haha, so funny! Implying arcane mages only spam one button loooool!!!

Jesus fucking christ.
    there is no need to imply anything. arcane mages do only press one button

AB spam until your mana level is such that a Mana Gem will take you to 100% mana, then pop all CDs and continue to spam AB until you reach 35% mana. This phase ends with an Evocation
    ~EJ

Quote Originally Posted by Danaerius View Post
    i believe they are too squishy - if we have a warlock in a dungeon or raid he is always the first to die - SQUISHY
    i don't know about that i tend to be the last one alive in raids and 5 mans. however in pvp locks do tend to be the focus target often even before a healer is downed simply because of the pain they can bring if allowed to live for an extended period of time. they also take a good bit of skill to use properly with all their utility and abilities you have to know what to use and when

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal preference?