Thread: New Part Smell

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    My digital hoarding to all new heights!

THEY ALL SMELL YUMMY.

The blacks will get teamed up with a third one into raid 5 while the greens will just be regular single drives where I'll have to rely on S.M.A.R.T.
    Use one of the greens as backup for the raid configuration. :S

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    When you open your package with computer parts in it.......and you sniff *sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiif* Aaaaahhhh.....

Who has had that too? And when you glance at the parts......
    Not computer parts..... but I love the smell of new books or new catalogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    My digital hoarding to all new heights!

THEY ALL SMELL YUMMY.

The blacks will get teamed up with a third one into raid 5 while the greens will just be regular single drives where I'll have to rely on S.M.A.R.T.
    Yum yum! RAID5 ftw. :< I'm considering building a combined HTPC/NAS in a Fractal Design Array (or similiar) with 5x RAID5 2TB-drives. Because I can.
    But I probably won't.

Looking good! I can't not use parts, having them lying around seems.. Oh well. (unless you meant hoarding = moar storage)

---------- Post added 2011-06-28 at 03:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Use one of the greens as backup for the raid configuration. :S
    What? D: Raid5 is a backup-configuration.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Yum yum! RAID5 ftw. :< I'm considering building a combined HTPC/NAS in a Fractal Design Array (or similiar) with 5x RAID5 2TB-drives. Because I can.
    But I probably won't.

Looking good! I can't not use parts, having them lying around seems.. Oh well. (unless you meant hoarding = moar storage)

---------- Post added 2011-06-28 at 03:18 PM ----------

What? D: Raid5 is a backup-configuration.
    Ah. Why is he ... eh never mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I probably won't.
    Same. Though it'll happen someday. Need HTPC and will want tons of storage. Not like the digibox I got from comhem which was sporting a very unimpressive 80GB harddrive.
    Looking good! I can't not use parts, having them lying around seems.. Oh well. (unless you meant hoarding = moar storage)[COLOR="red"]
    Hoarding as in I probably still have the msn messenger 6.0 installer in some hard drive somewhere

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Just got these:

THEY SMELL LOVELY. <3

Hoarding as in I probably still have the msn messenger 6.0 installer in some hard drive somewhere
    I discovered over the weekend that I still had the original HalfLife installer, CS 1.4, 1.5, AIM 4.2, ICQ98 or something... and I think the most ridiculous one was drivers for an ISA Trident video card I used to have in a 486 DX4-133 system.
    Last edited by Asera; 2011-06-28 at 02:57 PM.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Just got these:

THEY SMELL LOVELY. <3
    WTSmell! :'c I want ma new GPU and screens :x
    *jelly*
    &nbsp;

15+ Year Old Account
    WTSmell! :'c I want ma new GPU and screens :x
    *jelly*
    The best part is the video card came with a free game, and NCIX had a promo where I get Just Cause 2 and Mafia II for free with it... PLUS a free copy of 3DMark 2011 Advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    The best part is the video card came with a free game, and NCIX had a promo where I get Just Cause 2 and Mafia II for free with it... PLUS a free copy of 3DMark 2011 Advanced.
    Not jelly at all. *cries*
    I wanna live in the Canadas. People look better there as well. :\ And get free stuff.
    &nbsp;

15+ Year Old Account
    Not jelly at all. *cries*
    I wanna live in the Canadas. People look better there as well. :\ And get free stuff.
    But we have horrible 3rd world internet service.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm...speaking of which, I still haven't forgotten what all this smelled like:

WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I got my NXZT Phantom and my Intel 510 ssd yesterday.. Smelled so wonderful <3 Can't wait until I start gathering the parts for my watercooling loop ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I think my next build will feature a full WC loop (which is, in 2-3 years time). I realize that in recent times the probability of leaks has drastically reduced, but I want watercooling to reach a level where it's easy, durable and hassle-free (less complex = fewer things can go wrong).
    That's assuming watercooling will still be around in 2-3 years, who knows what twists technology will take.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    "I love the smell of fresh parts in the morning"

No really i get the same ahhh felling when i open a case to some part (:

mom....you there?
    It's like we are all Red Jelly Beans in a Jar full of various colors. Every now and then they reach in and get a Red Jelly Bean.
    We know we are in there, we can see the color, we just can't do anything to speed up our being taken out of the jar -- Jelly Beans can't speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here I was thinking I was alone in this

Love the smell, it is glorious. New and better toys. Every mans dream.
    I am eagerly waiting for the 28nm generation of graphicscards. That will be the next time i experience the aroma of pure ecstasy :P

I feel weird saying that...
    Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind. They are, in all fairness, subjective.
    I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning and adapting. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I think my next build will feature a full WC loop (which is, in 2-3 years time). I realize that in recent times the probability of leaks has drastically reduced, but I want watercooling to reach a level where it's easy, durable and hassle-free (less complex = fewer things can go wrong).
    That's assuming watercooling will still be around in 2-3 years, who knows what twists technology will take.
    From my studies on watercooling, it really doesn't seem that complex. If you go to overclockers.com you can get all the help you need in the watercooling forum. A basic cpu loop consists of a res, pump, radiator and a CPU block. It's just about finding the parts, and that pretty much just your budget that decides your parts for you. There's like 4 or 5 different pumps that are most used, same with CPU blocks. Finding a rad is the hardest part, but the clever people writes some awesome reviews that are easy to understand for us newbs

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    This. Nothing can compare to the smell of a new manual, I don't even care what it says, just the smell.. Or like, I've got this metal box with like 20 gameboy games in it, boy, if you open that, pure nose-gasm.
    mmmmmmm yum
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water