Thread: lvl 60 PVP Gear

lvl 60 PVP Gear

so both on my druid and shammy, the only option for lvl 60 pvp gear seems to be melee! i cant find any restor or boom/ele sets! I am looking in stormwind can any1 tell me where they may be?

Thats weird because back in the days resto was the only way to go .On the other hand sets were made with all stats for 3 talent trees So u may get agi int and spirit on does items.
    I read somewhere that their periods attract bears. ... You hear that, Ed? BEARS! Now you are putting the whole station in jeopardy

The classes at level 60 weren't very well designed, and the available gear reflects that. You're boned.

http://www.wowhead.com/items?filter=...rs=1;crv=0#0+1

dang well i wont give up hope just yet! if any1 knows where to find resto or caster pvp gear for druids and shammys at lvl 60 please let me know! ill check back tomorrow!

Why does it have to be PVP gear? i dont see any real advantage to it with it missing resilience. maybe look into level 60 raid content to find gear
    Last edited by Fairelight; 2011-06-21 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairelight View Post
    Why does it have to be PVP gear? i dont see any real advantage to it with it missing resilience. maybe look into level 60 raid content to find gear
    For (most) classes, the 60 PvP gear is high stamina, great for levelling, and will serve you well until you get close to WOTLK content...... all for like 1000 honour points for a FULL SET (including weapon). Let's face it - you can get that in a day.

OP - Druids used to be considered jack of all trades.... no full spec (heck, Boomkins didn't exist). You were expected to cat form and dps, then shift and heal, then quickly nuke from a distance, then cat again.... etc. So their gear reflected that. Those are the breaks of classic content.

That being said, if you want to fulfill that role of jack of all trades and like having 1 mediocre set of gear for 2 specs, go for it.

The druid items are to cover the whole hybrid thing that druids have going for them, as are the shaman ones. It's interesting to note though that the Paladin set is for melee only, they were originally spell damage (which was useful for all 3 pally specs at one point)

The pvp sets are on-par with t2 gear, but the higher stam value makes them more attractive for leveling. When BC first came out I had most of my blue pvp set until 68-70. The epic ones would have lasted me the whole way

Otherwise wait until you get to 70 and pick up the SWP quality pvp gear. Different sets for hybrid specs. Or just buy them and keep them in your "sitting in SW" gear set
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    I wish Blizzard would realize that adding features designed to achieve convenience for players in turn make this game more of a job

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklisted View Post
    so both on my druid and shammy, the only option for lvl 60 pvp gear seems to be melee! i cant find any restor or boom/ele sets! I am looking in stormwind can any1 tell me where they may be?
    The level 60 gear for Sham's and Druid's have both agil and Int on them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raze666 View Post
    Thats weird because back in the days resto was the only way to go .On the other hand sets were made with all stats for 3 talent trees So u may get agi int and spirit on does items.
    Correct, the level 60 Druid PvP gear has both Agility and Intellect. There is only one set for all 3 specs.

but there is one thing that bothers me.

they changed the plate lvl 60 pvp gear to full melee gear(no more int/spirit)
    but somehow they didn't want to change the mail/leather items.

and what bothers me is that there are not many holy paladin heirlooms.(new cata heirlooms and no chest)

looks like blizz is just lazy

Meh, I never though the gear was that good. Blue quest rewards in Hellfire and blue drops in the first dungeons (ramparts/blood furnace) are simply better. The questgear is BWL style gear, the drops almost all have sockets.

Deleted
    Best advice I can giv you is to use the Wowhead filters. They are quite powerful when used correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Boroher View Post
    Meh, I never though the gear was that good. Blue quest rewards in Hellfire and blue drops in the first dungeons (ramparts/blood furnace) are simply better. The questgear is BWL style gear, the drops almost all have sockets.
    true but i just love the looks of lvl 60 pvp gear. and weapons are better till like 65 or so.

Weapons will actually last until 67, I still got my GM Warglaiv (Is that the name of the two hander sword?) on my warrior and I'm 67 and haven't seen a better drop from dungeons or quests yet, guess the Ring of Blood weapon could be better but haven't done it yet. And no items 60-70 beats the looks of the lvl 60 PvP gear in my opinion.

The two hander sword with Executioner - Damn sexy and will last forever, worth every penny ^^,
    Last edited by Noxina; 2011-06-21 at 08:44 AM.

Deleted
    go to the specific battle ground vendors

AV has a caster ring thats epic and lvl 60,
    WSG has epic caster bracers at 60 + caster legs
    AB has a caster cloak + staff

AV has some other caster blues as well.

This was pretty much vanilla, str gear with healing done and some spirit on there, its basicly 3 specs with 1 gearset, t2/2.5 is probably a better option but yeah...