Thread: Lulzsec Busted.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Something Ryan alluded to after HBGary and the splintering of Lulzsec.

People like Sabu and Topiary were calling the shots to Anonymous' operations, and white hats or not, a few people figured out what the hell was going on behind the scenes.

The guys in 2600 are good at putting 2&2 together, simply because they don't usually get involved in Anon. It's like watching your neighbor invite her gardener into her house. Can't prove anything, don't really care to even if you could, but you've got an idea.
    Gotcha, thanks.

j35t3r's a tool though.
    He likes to jump to conclusions and boost his own epeen, that's for damned sure. But if Xerxes is half as effective at what it does as he says it is - the guy may very well be in a league of his own when it comes to DoSing.

But that's something I don't think we'll ever know until he gets compromised or someone else develops something that works similar.

I don't know much about sql injections or ddosing but you guys are just giving them what they want they are just attention seeking nerds, i mean you just have to read there twitter to know that they just want attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterilize View Post
    Gotcha, thanks.
    Edited more in while you were posting.

He likes to jump to conclusions and boost his own epeen, that's for damned sure. But if Xerxes is half as effective at what it does as he says it is - the guy may very well be in a league of his own when it comes to DoSing.

But that's something I don't think we'll ever know until he gets compromised or someone else develops something that works similar.
    XerXeS is still a DoS though, nothing more, nothing less. His "Hacktivist for good" involved DoSing islamic websites that may or may not be jihadist (because terrorists only recruit and plan over the internet, right?), and the second that XerXeS focuses on another target, the site in question would go up again anyways.

Then you factor in him targetting WikiLeaks because it "endangers american troops"... 'kay. Not to mention his twitter getting compromised the other night. The person in question tried to pass off as him in IRC, and despite being unable to use the registered name J35T3R has, tried to fool people as "Jester" and would "auth" that it was him by posting random words on twitter.
    He was eventually called on it, and went silent as people figured out what the hell was going on "auth your main account, or your wordpress" and of course fake jester couldn't.

But then real jester deletes all the tweets, he tries to BS it off "nope, no hack here, just testing for info" (flipping through an IRC log of what was going on at the time was a little humorous). Guy's got an ego, and thinks he's bigger than he is, just like every other e-hero.

But of course, censorship is totally the American way, so he needs to have his followers hanging off his every word. He's one of the good guys!.... Yeah, I'll pass, thanks. I don't need to DoX him, I'd like him to just go away.

Also, of note: http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/news-no...doc_32566.html
    The proposed Act also calls for service providers to supply basic subscriber information upon request to designated law enforcement, Competition Bureau and national security officials.
    Already happening in canada.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-06-22 at 10:28 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Guy's got an ego, and thinks he's bigger than he is, just like every other e-hero.
    Hahaha, fact! Following twitter feeds/random developments - nothing was made more blatantly obvious than that.

Anyway, b14ck4dd3r tweeted something interesting this morning courtesy of Richard Roma.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=iVujX4TR

The document gives a loose background on Anonymous/other members that founded LulzSec and supposedly has dox for almost everyone involved.
    Seen enough "facts" in the last week to approach this with caution, but it's possible that the majority of the group will be rounded up and vanned in the next few weeks if the document holds water.

Any idea who the A-Team is?
    Last edited by Sterilize; 2011-06-26 at 01:07 PM.

Edited more in while you were posting.

XerXeS is still a DoS though, nothing more, nothing less. His "Hacktivist for good" involved DoSing islamic websites that may or may not be jihadist (because terrorists only recruit and plan over the internet, right?), and the second that XerXeS focuses on another target, the site in question would go up again anyways.

Then you factor in him targetting WikiLeaks because it "endangers american troops"... 'kay. Not to mention his twitter getting compromised the other night. The person in question tried to pass off as him in IRC, and despite being unable to use the registered name J35T3R has, tried to fool people as "Jester" and would "auth" that it was him by posting random words on twitter.
    He was eventually called on it, and went silent as people figured out what the hell was going on "auth your main account, or your wordpress" and of course fake jester couldn't.

But then real jester deletes all the tweets, he tries to BS it off "nope, no hack here, just testing for info" (flipping through an IRC log of what was going on at the time was a little humorous). Guy's got an ego, and thinks he's bigger than he is, just like every other e-hero.

But of course, censorship is totally the American way, so he needs to have his followers hanging off his every word. He's one of the good guys!.... Yeah, I'll pass, thanks. I don't need to DoX him, I'd like him to just go away.

Also, of note: http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/news-no...doc_32566.html

Already happening in canada.
    usually moderators dont bash america in any sense, but hey at least i understand why i had a 3week ban for defending my country.

Quote Originally Posted by whyusocrazy View Post
    usually moderators dont bash america in any sense, but hey at least i understand why i had a 3week ban for defending my country.
    Isn't the "American Way" about Freedom of speech, the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and equality?

I wasn't talking smack against the American way. I was talking smack against j35t3r who thinks he's acting in America's best interests by going against the constitution and shutting down Westboro Baptist Church. Yes they are bad people, who should be punched in the face. But, the difference is: They have the right to say what they do, whether it's offensive or not.

I won't lie and say I've read this whole post as I've not... But I can say for 100% certain that one guy being nicked is further than Lulzsec being busted as you could ever imagine. Firstly, he merely hosted their IRC servers, secondly, Lulzsec is probably government backed. I.E government funded and they're the (kingpin) of it, heard rumours that they want to censor a lot of the internet.. (Post on TheSun.co.uk backs this up, they want to censor p0rn). Thirdly, and most importantly, they always need a fall guy. Take JFK and loads of other stuff for example. Chances are this guy is innocent and a tad bit retarded so he's the perfect candidate to be shipped off to USA and made an example of. Can't say for certain but all these hacking groups are probably government funded. At least the Western ones. Can't speak for China etc. Edit: No idea why it posted as a well of text as I made it in paragraphs. Apologies. Would also like to point out that hosting IRC and (PLANNING) to make a botnet is not a crime.
    Last edited by hmmlol; 2011-06-26 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterilize View Post
    Any idea who the A-Team is?
    Unfortunately, that's one that I don't really know. And probably for my personal well-being.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithiwa View Post
    Haha one of the retards took down in less than a week and surprise surprise it was a 19 year old nerd...wonder how cocky they will be now one of them as been taken in,would love footage of him crying himself to sleep in his prison cell.

My post is kinda aggressive but these guys got to big headed with the boasting on twitter etc I'm glad they got busted.
    I don't know about you but I hope it's more than himself he is crying to sleep.

that guy isnt apart of lulzsec

Unfortunately, that's one that I don't really know. And probably for my personal well-being.

You can thank me later =D
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

Deleted
    He's just a patsy though. Oh well, don't care about the hacker crap anyway, they'll get caught eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Superclassy69 View Post
    that guy isnt apart of lulzsec
    I felt bad for Ryan, if only for a minute. Then I remembered all the crap he tried doing awhile back, and just laughed. I feel kinda bad that I could laugh at another person getting arrested, but the drama? Oh, so good. So so good.

That said, Ryan doesn't have much. If he's hammered with every little tiny thing, it's a) to set an example out of him for the rest of the wannabe-hacker-world, and b) to tell the rest of the western world: "We've got someone, we're not completely incompetent!" and hoping that they all can rest easier.

Quote Originally Posted by drake741 View Post
    You can thank me later =D
    10/10.... Gods, Dirk Benedict is so old now.

twitter com/#!/LulzSec/status/83244937847652352