Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

How do I stop thinking about death?

It's pissing me off. I've been having problems not thinking about death about 5 months now. Just mentioning the word "death" makes me think of it. Saying "life" makes me think of it. Just watching pictures of Earth makes me think of death. When I think about what I want to work with in the future the thought can just pop up like that. It's not the thought "It doesn't matter, I'm going to die anyway.", it just pops up. Bam. Sometimes it just pops up randomly (can happen about 5 times per day). Everyone said it would fade over time but it hasn't, it just keep coming back to me and I can't get it off my mind. Any suggestions what to do?

I guarantee if you get hit by a train, you will stop thinking about everything.
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We will all eventually die, it's that simple. It's like a god dam clock ticking

As long as you accept that then you may stop thinking about it.

I have never understood what possess people to think like this. When it's your time, you will go. NO sense in thinking about it otherwise. I suggest shaming yourself everytime you notice.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do something life-affirming?
    Otherwise, find better friends / a more involved hobby.

Theres only one thing you can be sure in life: You will die. That being said, try to do your best while youre alive.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like some anxiety issues... Maybe you should look into that with your Dr.
    "Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently."

10+ Year Old Account
    eat brownies u will feel better

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    We will all eventually die, it's that simple. It's like a god dam clock ticking

As long as you accept that then you may stop thinking about it.
    I'm not really sure how to accept it though. Not to turn this into "what happens after death"-thread, but I'm not really believing in this whole "when you die everything goes black"-thingy. There's just reasons why there wouldn't. Besides, we don't even know what will happen after death, so how can I accept something nobody knows about?

Honestly, see a psycologist. A webforum won't help much.

Only two things are certain in this world: death, and taxes. Once you accept that you will die, and probably won't know when, then you can start to move on and think about other things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Honestly, see a psycologist. A webforum won't help much.
    I'm not sure if the issue is serious enough for a psychologist. ._.

Deleted
    I know this sounds like some sort of cliché, but take a lot of your time with your friends. go bowling, swimming, watch a movie, hang out with them, laugh with them and think about them. If you have any friends (which you really should have) then go talk to them. I know they care for you, and nothing can change that fact, you just have to stop thinking about death, just have fun with your friends... it's something i'll never be able to feel since i've got Asberger syndrome and don't really feel enything towards other people.

But come on dammit! everyone is out there, just waiting for you to take a step outside and say "Hey guys, what do you think about going to that theme park a few kilometers away?".

Do it mate, do it

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I'm not really sure how to accept it though. Not to turn this into "what happens after death"-thread, but I'm not really believing in this whole "when you die everything goes black"-thingy. There's just reasons why there wouldn't. Besides, we don't even know what will happen after death, so how can I accept something nobody knows about?
    I don't want to make a religion vs science flamewars... but if you're religious, you 'know' what comes after death, if you are scientific and 'Realist', you also know it is pretty much completely impossible for something to happen when your brainz and heart stop working...

Deleted
    You're having anxiety attacks. It hits everyone. What you need is help. Be it medical or mental help (I'm gonna go with the mental help...). Go see a psychologist. They can sort you out, so to speak.

Deleted
    I kinda have the same problem, but then a little bit less.. my solution? play some more wow to get my thoughts on different subjects..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I'm not sure if the issue is serious enough for a psychologist. ._.
    If it's such a persistent thing, enough to prompt you to ask for advice here, I'd say it's worth getting some counseling.

Associating good things with the thoughts that trigger may help to override the feeling.

Honestly, you dont mature if you do not get through this stage.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Get help or realise that "Shit happens". Nothing to do about it. Consider it a gift, knowing this you know that life is your chance to do great, enjoy it to it's fullest.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Go smoke some tree. It will help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting