Thread: Alien UFO talk

Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Alien UFO talk

I am a strong believer that there is intelligent alien life out there in space and I do think that they have visited Earth. 95% of all reported UFO cases are most likely faked, but the last 5% I think are legit and prove that there is alien life and that they have visited Earth. There have been many credible people who served in NASA, the military, and even the US Government who all have claimed that there is alien life and that they made contact with us. Edgar Mitchell, who was apart of Apollo 14, is just one person who comes to mind that openly said that there was alien life and that they have been working with the government to reverse engineer their technology. There is a video that I watched some time ago of Edgar Mitchell on the moon, in this video he said "We have visitors again" shortly after that he said "I guess it's not even worth mentioning" What did he mean by visitors? Aliens?

As you all can probably see, this thread will be all about UFOs and alien life. Everyone is welcome from believers to non-believers! =)

The universe is too vast not to have some sort of life in it. If it is intelligent all the better.

An interesting thing to consider is how far advanced an alien society would be, 100 years, 10,000 years, 18 million years. And how this would affect their technology. We are looking for radio waves when they could be using something that makes our lasers and radios look like smoke signals.

10+ Year Old Account
    <---------------

It's mathematically certain that there is intelligent alien life somewhere in the universe.
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

The odds that there isn't any other life in the universe is almost impossible. However, I don't believe they have visited Earth. If they have the technology to reach us, then they are highly more advanced than us.

In that case, they either want our planet resources, which would be a bad thing for us, or they want peace. Either way, I'm sure they would put more of an effort in communicating to us.

I'm hoping that we'll become more technologically advanced before we have contact with any other species. I would not want to be stuck on this rock while an alien ship is nuking us from orbit. It would be much worst than a bunch of cavemen vs an AK-47.

Forgot to mention, but New life on Earth was discovered only a few days ago in mono lake. Its living in a environment that otherwise would be unlivable to all other known life on earth, So that proves that you don't even need Earth-Like conditions for life to exist.
    Last edited by treston323; 2010-12-08 at 12:37 AM.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Quote Originally Posted by treston323 View Post
    The odds that there isn't any other life in the universe is almost impossible. However, I don't believe they have visited Earth. If they have the technology to reach us, then they are highly more advanced than us.

In that case, they either want our planet resources, which would be a bad thing for us, or they want peace. Either way, I'm sure they would put more of an effort in communicating to us.

I'm hoping that we'll become more technologically advanced before we have contact with any other species. I would not want to be stuck on this rock while an alien ship is nuking us from orbit. It would be much worst than a bunch of cavemen vs an AK-47.
    You are assuming they haven't contacted us already. I'm not saying any other species has or hasn't contacted us, but if they contact the government then do you really think the government is going to tell the population? It would probably be panic at first. I do think we have been contacted though and we are being geared up to be told. There has been more talk of visitations in the past decade as well as many many people coming out saying aliens are real. A few months ago a group of retired U.S. military generals and other officers came out and said yes we have been visited. And then not to long after that the UN actually made a job position of 'alien greeter'. I mean why now of all times? It hardly seems like a good job to create for a friend either to get free money, like it would really go unnoticed.

The sad truth however is that if we have been contacted already and the governments aren't telling us is because of religious reasons. Science of earth has already proven every earth religion wrong multiple times over, though millions are in denial, but what do you do when a species thousands of years more advanced then us come to earth and when they see our religions they say "wth are you talking about?" It kind of puts the final nail in the coffin. Then knowing humanity massive religious wars would most likely break out. I hardly think many of the hardcore believers, of all religions, are just going to say "hey looks like I was wrong" and thats that. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    You are assuming they haven't contacted us already. I'm not saying any other species has or hasn't contacted us, but if they contact the government then do you really think the government is going to tell the population? It would probably be panic at first. I do think we have been contacted though and we are being geared up to be told. There has been more talk of visitations in the past decade as well as many many people coming out saying aliens are real. A few months ago a group of retired U.S. military generals and other officers came out and said yes we have been visited. And then not to long after that the UN actually made a job position of 'alien greeter'. I mean why now of all times? It hardly seems like a good job to create for a friend either to get free money, like it would really go unnoticed.
    Well, that would require the aliens to know who is in charge, which there is really no leader and they would need to contact the U.N, and it would be very hard with completely different morals and definitions. It would be very hard to communicate with something that developed completely different than us.

Of course I think the United States would try to take over and try to act like the leaders of the world and keep things a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    The sad truth however is that if we have been contacted already and the governments aren't telling us is because of religious reasons. Science of earth has already proven every earth religion wrong multiple times over, though millions are in denial, but what do you do when a species thousands of years more advanced then us come to earth and when they see our religions they say "wth are you talking about?" It kind of puts the final nail in the coffin. Then knowing humanity massive religious wars would most likely break out. I hardly think many of the hardcore believers, of all religions, are just going to say "hey looks like I was wrong" and thats that. Sad but true.
    I agree. I myself am an Atheist and I think all Religion is insane and is doing a lot of harm to humanity. Of course its a hard habit to break when the majority of the government is religious and is trying to incorporable their bullshit into education and pretty much brainwash children. I myself was a Christian for the majority of my childhood, and its a really hard habit to break without the required information and facts, that unfortunately, most religious people lack. If you don't break from it early, imagine how hard it is to break from it as an adult.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Well, that would require the aliens to know who is in charge, which there is really no leader and they would need to contact the U.N, and it would be very hard with completely different morals and definitions. It would be very hard to communicate with something that developed completely different than us.

Of course I think the United States would try to take over and try to act like the leaders of the world and keep things a secret.
    Well who is to say that there aren't multiple species that have visited earth and talked to multiple governments? Plus there is the whole rosewell thing which is probably the most famous example. So if it was a real spaceship with bodies that was found, and there is evidence that it was, then any follow up from the same species would go to america.

Also when I mentioned about the retired u.s. generals talking about visitations during that whole press talks they were talking about how when we were being visited they would hover over military installations, especially those that had nuclear weapons. They were apparently attracted to the radiation from nukes and nuclear testing. So if we ever have been visited then year the u.s. would know about it and be involved. By the way you say it though I'm guessing you aren't from america, but america is kind of the leader of the world already. Unofficially, but atm we are the only superpower left in the world. China will be very soon, but for now we're alone. We are also one of five countries I think it is to have a permanent seat on the UN security council. That of course doesn't mean the u.s. should be the only one involved and that no other countries should 'get a vote' so to speak.

Deleted
    Wow this forum is interesting! Maybe make one about your spooky stories? :P About weird situations encountering an un-explanational happening. Ghosts? moving objects? Alien sightings?

Would be nice to read and share, I'm sure there are avid believers wether it is from 1st hand experiences or not.

About the whole Alien sightings yeah i believe there has to be something that is capable of evolving into something we have never seen before.
    Only time can tell with what technology can bring us further into deep space.
    I always did wonder while looking up at the sky day/night, "I wonder somewhere out there would there be something similiar like what i'm doing now, Something looking up and thinking the exact same as me". Hehe pretty weird though
    Last edited by mmocf1a95161e8; 2010-12-08 at 01:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranor View Post
    Wow this forum is interesting! Maybe make one about your spooky stories? :P About weird situations encountering an un-explanational happening. Ghosts? moving objects? Alien sightings?
    Feel free to kick it off! I'd love to read those stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Feel free to kick it off! I'd love to read those stories!
    I know you. You were the GM of Seraphym? Lol I was in UNITY for a while. Grats on becoming a mod here.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

I think it would be less than 1% of all UFO reports are true...
    5% would still be a Lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know you. You were the GM of Seraphym? Lol I was in UNITY for a while. Grats on becoming a mod here.
    I'm not the GM. I'm just a player. But yes I was a class lead in Unity for a time. Thanks for saying Hi

On topic. There is an equation out there that talks about the probability of life on other worlds based off the number of stars, number of stars with planets, number of planets that could sustain life... etc. I'll look for a article I had on the subject. I'm being pulled in 4 directions atm. I'll be back with more

I don't really think we've encountered intelligent life outside this earth. Scientifically speaking, we've only been a footnote in the planet's history, so I think with the sheer enormity of the universe in scope it's extremely unlikely that this has happened. If they have, I'd also think of them as really, really stupid because our race is in no way ready for alien life considering we can't even seem to stop having wars with each other.

Now back to my first point, I think when we do encounter life(we likely will), it will be some machine they have created rather than them. It only makes sense, considering we've been sending robots of our own out across our solar system.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok. Now that I have a little more time. The equation I spoke of is called the Drake Equation.

In a nutshell (I'll quote Wikipedia)

N = a*b*c*d*e*f*g

where:

N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which communication might be possible;

and

a = the average rate of star formation per year in our galaxy
    b = the fraction of those stars that have planets
    c = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
    d = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop life at some point
    e = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop intelligent life
    f = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
    g = the length of time such civilizations release detectable signals into space.

I simplified it, but the whole article is worth a read. There is a lot of disagreement about what values should be in place here or there. I suggest reading the article further. It's been a while since I've considered this and I'll look some more things up shortly.

Anyone who says Aliens don't exist is crazy.

Yeah sure, they might call us crazy for believing that we can make contact, but aliens exist for sure.

I just don't think those crazy ufo videos and stories about people getting abducted aren't true.

Also, who says those UFO's we "see", are from aliens? They might be ours, but probably humans from the future who don't want to disturb our timeline. Think about it.

Deleted
    NASA just found a microbe recently that has got a DNA that consitains arsenic in its structure, a material previously known as highly poisonous to any kind of life found on earth. Previously science knew of one kind of DNA, that contains only Oxigen, Natrium, Carbon, Hidrogene and Phospore atoms in it while this new kind of DNA swaps out Phospore for Arsenic.
    If its possible that different kind of DNA were found ON EARTH, with an alteration in its structure that was thought to be impossible to exist (due to Arsenic being poisonous to other creatures than the microbe I talk about), than its possible that life can be found in all kinds of shape and form anywhere, even in such enviroments we wouldn't dare to think about to live.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe there is some life in our galaxy. With the recent released estimate of more than a sextillion of stars in the Universe, one is bound to have a planet encircling it that carries life.

But I don't believe they have contacted us yet.

(And if anyone claims that the Aliens built the pyramids...you're practically just insulting all of humanity. The reason why there is no "evidence" on how the pyramids were made, I believe, is probably because all that papyri in which the Pyramid Plans were written in were all burnt down in the Great Library of Alexandria where thousands of ancient manuscripts were burnt with the building)

Moving on.
    If there an was intelligent life form that was secretly working with our governments, I believe that would've been leaked ages ago. Every single time we call on our phones or tune in on the radio, we send radio waves into space (I think that's what form of wavelength it is). Intelligent life forms would probably use the same type of wavelength for communication. Radio waves travel at tremendous speeds and can be detected by these satellite dishes specifically engineered to pick up radio waves from space. We have not yet received any form of these waves. The organization I believe is called SETI. They're dedicated on searching the galaxy for any form of electromagnetic frequencies that an intelligent and advanced civilization would be releasing from their cities/planet/ships/whatever. After all, it is the most convenient wavelength for sending information over.

It might be that, yes, there is life in the galaxy aside from earth (like Gliese 581g, the only exoplanet known so far to orbit at its star's (Gliese 581) habitable zone) but I don't believe they are that advanced. I mean, who knows, we might be the most advanced life form in the galaxy. Our Sun is not that old, but its not that young either. Neither is our Solar System.

---------- Post added 2010-12-08 at 11:09 AM ----------

I agree. I myself am an Atheist and I think all Religion is insane and is doing a lot of harm to humanity. Of course its a hard habit to break when the majority of the government is religious and is trying to incorporable their bullshit into education and pretty much brainwash children. I myself was a Christian for the majority of my childhood, and its a really hard habit to break without the required information and facts, that unfortunately, most religious people lack. If you don't break from it early, imagine how hard it is to break from it as an adult.
    Religion is not "insane". Religion is for people who want to believe. And it depends on the person on how they want to go about following their faith. Not all religious people are extremists. I do agree that people should not use religion in government as a basis of making laws and policies. It impedes rational judgement. People should not force their religious views on others. I like religions like Buddhism (I'm like you, I don't believe a divine omnipotent being created the universe or whatever. Its just unlikely.) where they teach people how to be enlightened spiritually (you don't have to be religious to be spiritual) and to, you know, be a good person practically. Christianity today is not what Christ taught, which is sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is impossible to travel faster than the speed of light. Remember to take that in to consideration when discussing whether alien life has visited earth or not, considering that our closest galaxy is millions of lightyears away. Not supporting any theory, just putting it out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no doubts that there is other lifeforms in the universe, but i also believe, the chances of we coming across some sort of intelligent alien life are 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

10+ Year Old Account
    It's highly unlikely that there is no alien life. There is also a possibility of that live being intelligent (though not necessarily intelligent how we would define it.)
    I find it hard to believe that we have been contacted by alien life. First of all, people seem to assume aliens would make contact with the USA. When viewed by an outsider it might seem that China is more important (due to the size of the populations) or else they might contact the United Nations (if they have a similar organ to the UN, this is likely). Also contacting completely alien lifeforms is very, very hard. You do not speak the same language, do not share believes, physiology or even vocal organs. They might not even realize we're sentient.
    There's also no reason for aliens to contact just one small piece of the entire population of Earth, in secret. If I would make my presence known to alien life I would do it with as much bells and whistles as I could find, in order to impress the ones I'm contacting.
    Resurrected Holy Priest