Damage Meter question.

For some reason my recount doesn't always shows what others show. Mine is usually higher then others, any idea why? I tried to use different meters and always have the same problem. I feel like it is when others are using recount I enconter this problem. Anybody know what's going on?

Deleted
    Other peoples recount will not track your guardian's damage, such as Doom Guard or Infernal. Yours will track them though.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Other peoples recount will not track your guardian's damage, such as Doom Guard or Infernal. Yours will track them though.
    Does this also happen with any other classes? Or just Warlocks = (

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by devone2319 View Post
    Does this also happen with any other classes? Or just Warlocks = (
    Happens to Shadow Priests (Apparitions) and Shamans (Fire ele) as well. WoL normally shows all guardians though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, why doesn't it happen with Hunters pets?

10+ Year Old Account
    Range can play an issue too. Recount calculates dmg from your combat log and it has a maximum range which raid members could be outside of. Can't recall the # of yards offhand, though.

I'd give skada a shot too. It will list things that recount doesn't, but it doesn't tie them to players so it can be a pain to pick through too (ie. the Fire Elemental will show up as an independent entry)

Deleted
    Try TinyDPS and see if it helps.

Pets aren't guardians

@pattison, I'm pretty sure that fire elementals show up in recount

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Pets aren't guardians

I dont think they do. At least when I've compared meters to other leaders theres been a notable difference, often caused by mine recording the Fire Elemental too.

It won't happen to pets, but it will to guardians -

From memory it has to do with differences in the events involved in a guardian spawn vs a pet spawn -
    There are additional client-only events that you see for your own spells which assist in tracking your own guardians, but they are not raid-wide. That said, I am at work, or I would check for sure

Keeping in mind of course, some damage meters won't group pets with their owners by default - which will create a similar problem.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2011-06-22 at 05:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Pets aren't guardians

When I played my shaman there is obvious differences between my dps meter and others. Not that it really matters as you just spam link yours instead .

the golden dude that paladins create shows up separately too. and for us, our Ebon Imp isn't included (i think) in others' skada as well

Deleted
    Combining pet dps with the character's damage and dps is an option in recount and those who do not have it enabled will show lower numbers. Classes without pets are likely to ignore this option as it makes little difference to them obviously. Other than that, most of the times the overall damage numbers haven't been significantly different, assuming everyone was in range all the time for combat log events to be recorded.