Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There are no proof found for our bodies to have it's own spirit, so I have to say that death is the end, unfortunately..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    Well then thanks for letting me know. I still know him as Jesus Christ, and since He has over 100 different names, I feel like it's not even important.
    And no "scholarly writings from around that time?" Did I not point to at least 5 of them that you could look up, all being historians from around the time of Christ?
    No you didn't.

Deleted
    I'm atheist myself but I do believe in higher power. Its nature.
    So basically you're not an Atheist and nature is your deity.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So, do it?
    I'm just sharing my beliefs because I felt possessed to do so. My mantra is "If you don't believe in God, that's not my problem". I ain't here to convert anyone.

Does it matter?! If everyone found out that one certain god was real and that all others were fake would it change anything? You get one shot at life might as well and live it rather then waste it away fighting over what comes after you'll find out soon enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I'm just sharing my beliefs because I felt possessed to do so. My mantra is "If you don't believe in God, that's not my problem". I ain't here to convert anyone.
    But didn't you say you could show us that good and evil exists?

So basically you're not an Atheist and nature is your deity.
    I do not believe in God, but I do believe in nature. Maybe atheist is little wrong for this ;p.

personally i do not believe that there is a "higher power"..

People devote there whole lives to there religion and say it gives there life purpose others live there life to the fullest and dont spend anytime thinking if there is an afterlife or what they will do in the event of one.

life is a gift to you and religions should not exist because life can be short and you shouldnt spend your precious time on earth waisting a good portion of it to something that you dont even know is true.

For those people who will say "I believe in a higher power i dont warship him/her/it" then good for you.You found a way to talk to somebody who possibly isnt even there if you want advice or somebody to turn to in rough times call up a friend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    I do not believe in God, but I do believe in nature.
    In which case nature is a form of deity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    Those kids right there remind of the childhoods im sure alot of people with blind faith had and are probably putting their children through. No common sense,no logic,no science to look at a theory logically.
    What pisses me off about that is that the children are too young and don't have the developed mind needed to question the truth and logic of what someone is telling them. Rather than giving the children a chance to grow up and learn for themselves what they believe in and come to their own conclusions, he's just indoctrinating a bunch of impressionable children before they are even old enough to question it. I've always wondered how much less religious people there would be in the world if the indoctrination of children never took place and if environmental conditioning wasn't a factor. In my opinion, it should be like this: "Here are the options available to you children, read and learn further on whatever interests you and come to your own conclusions on what you believe to be true", instead of "This is true". ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------That man doesn't realise, because he's not objective, how massively he may be affecting the entire lives of the children in his audience. He recklessly passes on his own beliefs as fact to an audience that doesn't know any better, sparing little thought to its effects on their lives. Indoctrination is the robbery of choice, and to be frank it disgusts me. Of course, to a religious parent, they will want to spare the child their god's punishment. The nature of the religion compels parents to pass it on to their children, and draws on the selfless, altruistic and sympathetic to become evangelists. I really respect evangelists, because deep down all they want to do is help and save people and that is a motivation I can get behind, but I can't get behind the method or the reasoning. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I have to say, IF the bible and christianity is a fabrication, it is such an elaborate, brilliantly designed, self-preserving, self-replicating farce that the people behind it must've have been incredibly gifted. If only we just knew something instead of having to grasp at straws and commit to faith to explain the universe.
    Last edited by Tuvok; 2011-06-26 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    There is no evidence to suggest that "Jesus" was real.

For crying out loud, he wasn't even called Jesus until several centuries after his alleged death.
    I bet you don't even know his real name, and wouldn't without a Google search.
    to add to that, he didn't even come up with christianity. his students did.

but aren't religious forums banned here?

If you don't fear the nothingness prior to your birth, why do you fear the nothingness after your death?

I'm 27, and I'm not the same person I was when I was 17, or 7. I have different memories, a different temperament, a different physical body, etc. If we don't care that the person we were 10 years ago is gone today, why should we care if the person we are today will be gone tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    No you didn't.
    Yes, sir, I did. You must not have been in the thread. My apologies for my assuming that you had been.
    Let me list them.
    (Addition) Tacitus, a Roman around AD 55-120,
    Julius Africanus, AD 52
    Mara Bar-Serapion, AD 70
    "Josephus," AD 37-100
    and recently, more evidence has been pointed to by the authors:
    Niel Lightfoot in "How We Got the Bible"
    Josh McDowell in "The New Evidence.."
    F.F. Bruce in "The Canon of the Scriptures..."

Just because it was explained by science doesn't make god non-existence, iam not sure why people relate science to religion like as if science explains it = god doesn't exist, that shows how narrow your point of view is, and that your precipitation of religion equates Christianity/Jesus the divine.
    iam religious and i do believe in the big-bang and in dinosaurs and most part of the evolution theory, believing also got to make sense before you start having "faith".

BUT iam not going to believe that my dice luck got me here on earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    It's precisely this tone that sets non-believers off, though.
    Surely you realize that your phrasing indicates that you feel that not believing in god is a 'problem'.

We don't see it that way.

Why not leave it as, "If you don't believe in God, it doesn't concern me", or "If you don't believe in God, I am in no way affected", rather than the passive-aggressive tone?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    I do not believe in God, but I do believe in nature. Maybe atheist is little wrong for this ;p.
    but perhaps nothing is natural because everything is a miracle, hidden or revealed. hence, nature is just G-d's "normal" way of running Earth.

But didn't you say you could show us that good and evil exists?
    I said "If I could make you believe of anything, that would be it."

Deleted
    i personally havent sat down and made my mind up about religion yet.

After death?
    Dunno what its called but just challenge Gamon, and you get the swirly place, and then after some exercise you re-incarnate into a, hopefully, wiser you!
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Amazing how people can state things as if its been proven already...This goes for both sides. I believe there is much more than we know right know. I believe so called supernatural things are basically just plain natural, only we dont know how to explain then yet....