Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I bet if the universe wasn't expanding they could just interpret it in any other way which would be "true".

Short answer is no i dont believe in a higher power because simply there isnt one. Why i dont is this.
    If religion didn't exsist the world would be A much better place. The ONLY thing religion does is cause millions of people to die every year because they got murdered by someone of a different faith. Religion is just abunch of superstition that is going to be the downfall of mankind. I just hope the masses will open there eyes before its to late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Sarcastic View Post
    You do realise how very, VERY differently that can be interpreted, I hope?
    yes when its turned to English it may sound like it, but in Arabic its said directly and clearly

Deleted
    In a word... no.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how quickly threads like these devolve into religious war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I bet if the universe wasn't expanding they could just interpret it in any other way which would be "true".
    it clearly says "we are the expander s, its the Qur'an we cant change a single word so trust me when i say, no we cant change that to shrinking, you make no sense

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    What kind of evidence do you want? Does it need something made by a computer (you know, if there's a computer involved, it cannot be wrong then)?
    For example, if you never had a headache in your life, noone can prove to you that headaches exist, until you have one yourself.

I've seen (let's say with my "third"/inner/spiritual eye) that the higher power exists, and that there's much more in the world than untrained person could see. And no, until you'll somehow develop such kind of "vision" (it has nothing to do with the eyes, but easier to explain that way), there's almost impossible to proove it to you.

Maybe you'll follow the same path as me, maybe - a totally different, there're lot's of practices, and many lead to the same result. But sometimes different people differently interpret their visions, so to someone from the outside it seems that they got different results.

Maybe someone really powerful could briefly "show" it to you, but then you could say - it was a hypnosis or something, so personal experience is much better.
    Just like any other theory on how the universe was formed, there is a way to prove or disprove whether or not it was created. Even if we don't know how to test it now, there would have been some kind of evidence left behind. Until that evidence is provided the theory is assumed false.

(And there would be evidence of a headache aswell, if you scan the brain of the person. But i get what you were saying)

Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    Most of the "revelations" in the Qu'ran are plagiarised or simply guess work. For example, the texts on embryology are lifted straight from Aristotle and the revelations are actually completely wrong, but supposedly still right because the Qu'ran is right even when it's wrong (apparently), check out this discussion about Qu'ran embryology with the developmental embryologist PZ Myers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msOlpj886H4

The idea that the Qu'ran is beyond human capacity is utterly ridiculous.

So you're argument is based on a youtube clip of 2 random muslims and a doctor? could it have nothing to do with perhaps...those 2 guys weren't sure or don't know what they are on about? perhaps if you can find one with a respected muslim scholar that can be a little better as they would have more knowledge of what they are talking about.

And remember, the Quran has come down in Arabic, and written in Arabic, one can and should NEVER take the translation as a final proof, always, and I mean ALWAYS look back at the source (the Arabic Quran), or if you can't read/speak it, one can try and explain it to you. Don't just take it as is when translated, as we all know things get lost in translation, and people should always be encouraged to research.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meezo View Post
    it clearly says "we are the expander s, its the Qur'an we cant change a single word so trust me when i say, no we cant change that to shrinking, you make no sense
    You'd be surprised how many words are changed in different *english* versions of the qur'an.

---------- Post added 2011-06-26 at 10:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    So you're argument is based on a youtube clip of 2 random muslims and a doctor? could it have nothing to do with perhaps...those 2 guys weren't sure or don't know what they are on about? perhaps if you can find one with a respected muslim scholar that can be a little better as they would have more knowledge of what they are talking about.

And remember, the Quran has come down in Arabic, and written in Arabic, one can and should NEVER take the translation as a final proof, always, and I mean ALWAYS look back at the source (the Arabic Quran), or if you can't read/speak it, one can try and explain it to you. Don't just take it as is when translated, as we all know things get lost in translation, and people should always be encouraged to research.
    did god think the whole world speaks arabic before giving it?

Quote Originally Posted by Meezo View Post
    yes when its turned to English it may sound like it, but in Arabic its said directly and clearly
    Sadly I only have your word for that. I am a fairly patient person though, and I'm genuinely interested even though I dont seem to agree with your view. If you want you could show me the entire original Arabic for that sentence and walk me through it.

Deleted
    Those were Muslim scholars. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by bajerman View Post
    I love how quickly threads like these devolve into religious war.
    I dont get why people think science is the counter to religion. They can work hand in hand just as well as against each other in my eyes.

It's funny how these ancient texts always say things that can be interpreted by a thousand ways.
    Edwin Hubble simply said:

That's it. One of the greatest discoveries of the 20th century.

Quote Originally Posted by rcking09 View Post
    Short answer is no i dont believe in a higher power because simply there isnt one. Why i dont is this.
    If religion didn't exsist the world would be A much better place. The ONLY thing religion does is cause millions of people to die every year because they got murdered by someone of a different faith. Religion is just abunch of superstition that is going to be the downfall of mankind. I just hope the masses will open there eyes before its to late.
    /rolls eyes

Even though i'm an atheist, i'd say religion has done alot more good than bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicern View Post
    I dont get why people think science is the counter to religion. They can work hand in hand just as well as against each other in my eyes.
    Too many people treat science as a religion these days. Rather than keep questionning the facts that are presented to them(which is the essence of science), people tend to just accept every scientific proposition as irrefutable fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicern View Post
    I really doubt it. Not until science has proven god, and everyone is happy with the proof. Thats what science is about :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medivhe View Post
    You'd be surprised how many words are changed in different *english* versions of the qur'an.

there is only ONE version of the qur'an and it wont change and i know what im saying

---------- Post added 2011-06-26 at 10:28 PM ----------

did god think the whole world speaks arabic before giving it?
    no, he should have gave it to Mohammad in Chinese, srsly tho, there are scholars to Islam all over the world now and its the fastest growing religion so he clearly didn't do it wrong

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bajerman View Post
    Too many people treat science as a religion these days. Rather than keep questionning the facts that are presented to them(which is the essence of science), people tend to just accept every scientific proposition as irrefutable fact.
    That's utter rubbish. No one does that and no one treats science as a religious because they are diametrically opposed, two entirely different things. Religious is based on faith which is belief without evidence, Science is belief based on evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt it. Not until science has proven god, and everyone is happy with the proof. Thats what science is about :/
    Its simple really. Look to god as the answer to unanswerable questions, use science for everything else.

also: 1000 POSTS, BITCHES!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    See the last few pages if you want to know why this thread was closed and why these topics are directly against the rules.

Locked.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines