Page 1 of 26
... LastLast

Do you believe in a higher power?

I was wondering what you all believe. What do you think happens after you die and what kind of higher power do you believe?

Do you believe that you turn into a giant tree? Do you believe the higher power is yourself? Basically do you think death is the end of the journey?

No bashing other religions -.- be mature.

No, death is the end .

Alot of people dont see this and want to live in a Heaven/Hell fantasy or hide behind their religion but thats people i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I do, however im some kind of mixture of a christian buddhist and a deist ^^
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

You die, your dead. Gone. Your body will eventually decay and disappear. Nothing more.
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

Deleted
    I believe in the higher power that is my mother. No matter what she always finds a way to pull through. There are no higher power than your mother.

I believe when you die you die there is no heaven or hell, but I do agree with morals and respecting other people's beliefs.
    Hi Sephurik

I just don't see death as being the very end. Anything is possible. It doesn't have to be heaven or hell. For all we know we could just reincarnate over and over or end up in some spirit world or just living in another dimension.

higher power? of course! life is simply amazing and complex. religion? feeble attempt to influence and control that which is far beyond our ability to understand (or blatant excuse to manipulate or abuse other people). life after death? who knows? if a higher power wants you to live eternal and happy, they will. if they dont, they wont. its really out of our hands.

i agree with poster number 6#. people need morals and education, those 2 things alone could save the world

I truly believe in the God. And i believe there is Heaven.
    I don't know why people are thinking I'm stupid or something? If i believe in the God,t doesn't mean my life is boring and when I die I'll be in Heaven and my life is senseless. x)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I truly believe in the God. And i believe there is Heaven.
    I don't know why people are thinking I'm stupid or something? If i believe in the God,t doesn't mean my life is boring and when I die I'll be in Heaven and my life is senseless. x)
    If you were born 2000 years earlier, you'd believe in godS. Its just a trend people...a trend.

And no, death is the end of the line.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Thunderf00t
    PHYSICAL EVIDENCE AND REASONED LOGIC, the unknown is NOT proof of god.

Oh and yes I don't think there is anything after death.

No i dont believe.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie0 View Post
    higher power? of course! life is simply amazing and complex. religion? feeble attempt to influence and control that which is far beyond our ability to understand (or blatant excuse to manipulate or abuse other people). life after death? who knows? if a higher power wants you to live eternal and happy, they will. if they dont, they wont. its really out of our hands.
    I'm sure he said not to bash religions... I guess some people just can't stop spreading their narrow-minded and arrogant views. Stop bashing people's beliefs, it gets threads locked, yo.

OT: I don't really believe in anything. After you die, there's nothing, absolutely nothing. And that scares the shit out of me. >.<

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltronn View Post
    I'm sure he said not to bash religions... I guess some people just can't stop spreading their narrow-minded and arrogant views. Stop bashing people's beliefs, it gets threads locked, yo.

OT: I don't really believe in anything. After you die, there's nothing, absolutely nothing. And that scares the shit out of me. >.<
    It's not bigoted, it's true. Education is the enemy of religion, and so it poisons the minds of young children as early as possible so that they do not question what they have "learned" (I use the term very loosely) from their parents, instead of being allowed to make their own informed decisions when they are old enough to do so. Indoctrination at it's pinnacle.

its not a view, its the truth... do i have to wait till you die to tell you i told you so?

First off ima girl lol And secondly if it makes you feel better after we die we'll go to the magical land of unicorns and I'll take your fears away!

I also sometimes believe it will just be like sleep and we will have an endless dream. If we think we were bad we have nightmares forever and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by FunFarm View Post
    I believe in the higher power that is my mother. No matter what she always finds a way to pull through. There are no higher power than your mother.
    Except of course her mother... and ehem her mother before that... wait, what?

My favorite part about this post is the people answering not in an opinion, but in a factual way.
    "No, death is the end." "Nope, after death that is all."
    Thank you all. Before reading your posts I wasn't sure that any other person on earth knew the answer.
    For christ's sake - all I had to do this whole time was ask some wow players, because they know - oh they DEFINITLY KNOW.

I have heard it all - and the only thing I ever heard that struck a cord as possible to me was:
    "Remember where you were before you were conceived? Yea? Cause that's where you'll be after you die."
    Last edited by slime; 2011-06-26 at 06:39 PM. Reason: typo in logic

Quote Originally Posted by appleezz View Post
    I just don't see death as being the very end. Anything is possible. It doesn't have to be heaven or hell. For all we know we could just reincarnate over and over or end up in some spirit world or just living in another dimension.
    Nothing lasts forever, also this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzest View Post
    You die, your dead. Gone. Your body will eventually decay and disappear. Nothing more.