Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yes, but not in a beneficial "all-father" from any of the abrahamic religions.

It's distant, and can even seem to be cruel. When you die, your spirit would be dissolved in it, if you're not strong enough. But if you manage to "slip" past it, you'll become free.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    If you were born 2000 years earlier, you'd believe in godS. Its just a trend people...a trend.
    I don't think so but... Whatever, it's your opinion.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothean View Post
    It's not bigoted, it's true. Education is the enemy of religion, and so it poisons the minds of young children as early as possible so that they do not question what they have "learned" (I use the term very loosely) from their parents, instead of being allowed to make their own informed decisions when they are old enough to do so. Indoctrination at it's pinnacle.
    I don't understand people like you, I really don't. You think that every religious person has been forced into it? That's doo-hicky. I don't see how people can have so much hatred for a religion when it's people like you who deserve to be hated. It's narrow-minded, ignorant people that start wars, not religion. Edit: Also, how can his opinion be true? It's a freaking opinion.

And enough about religion, fo' srs.
    Last edited by Keltronn; 2011-06-26 at 06:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I don't think so but... Whatever, it's your opinion.
    Ok lets make that 2100 years earlier. If you were born on the Mediterranean stage, or almost anywhere on earth, you'd be a follower of a polytheistic religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Big Electron of course!
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

I do not, I believe that this higher power is an imaginary friend for people that don't have the ability to make decisions on there own, so they have to ask and then look for what they believe to be a sign for what to do.

Deleted
    I don't understand why one should ponder over such things as 'what happens after we die?' questions, when you won't find out until you actually end up in the grave.

Deleted
    I know for a fact that all this is a creation by Peter Jackson.

I believe in logic, evidence, and reason.
    I am not an unimaginative or non-creative person, I just like to think that we do not simply believe in a sky-wizard because we want to, or we were told to / brought up having it assumed. Those are sad scenarios.
    To all who are Christian, or Jewish, or Muslim, etc., I would ask -- what makes your religion any more valid, authentic, or sensible than the ancient Greek or Roman gods? Than the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, even?

I believe in treating people of religion with respect, but I am still baffled by them. So please don't take that as interrogation or anger, it's just confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltronn View Post
    I don't understand people like you, I really don't. You think that every religious person has been forced into it? That's doo-hicky. I don't see how people can have so much hatred for a religion when it's people like you who deserve to be hated. It's narrow-minded, ignorant people that start wars, not religion. Edit: Also, how can his opinion be true? It's a freaking opinion.

And enough about religion, fo' srs.
    You had a little bit of a point until the "deserve to be hated" line. Nobody deserves to be hated. I won't comment on the rest.

No, but I'm open for that there is something. I try to be openminded with most things.

I'm rational, I believe in science.
    I believe when we die.. when it's end, it simply ends.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

I believe in a reason for our existence. we dont know whether there is anything/nothing after death, for nobody has come back from death so to above who say death is the end.......u really dont know.......

How u define a higher power/god is personal, for me i believe our sheer existence is a miracle, the essence of life is what the higher power is.
    MOAR CHOCOLATE

Quote Originally Posted by FunFarm View Post
    I believe in the higher power that is my mother. No matter what she always finds a way to pull through. There are no higher power than your mother.
    This...my mum just wins..everything. Its a tad annoying!

No, I don't believe in a "higher power".

Deleted
    death is a part of life, and i believe that somthing gonna happen after death =)

10+ Year Old Account
    When I die I am gonna have to run all the F**KING way across azeroth to find my damn body in monocrome world.

Seriously though theres nothing you live you die just like everything before you did.

Question to my christian friends out there, before the idea of christianity did everyone just go to hell or what?

Followup question: Since most modern christians believe that the bible is more of a guide on how to live your life not to be taken as a factual or historic reference, how does it gain its credibility that theres a magic being that created everything?

Post followup question: How do you choose which parts of the bible to take factually and which parts to take metaphorically? Is there a guide somewhere or does the religion just adapt every time a new piece of science that would otherwise disprove the entire thing to say 'nah that parts a metaphore'?
    Farewell WoW Pandaland
    Intel i5 2.67 OC 3.3ghz | ATI 6950 850mhz OC 920Stable 950 Push 1000Insane

Let me ask this, if there is no higher power or creator, how are we here?
    STD's are BOP

There are no higher/supernatural powers, no God/s, not even creators. The universe is only what we perceive, and every last process can be explained with simple physics. Maybe not now, but someday. I think it's ridiculous to always call God when something isn't explainable. Science is a work in progress, and some things are just beyond our capabilities right now.
    I'm afraid the short life span is the only time of consciousness you'll enjoy, but no worries, I'm sure being dead isn't so bad. I imagine it's quite like the time before birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranguvar View Post
    sky-wizard
    The BEST thing i have ever heard as a name for "God".

You sir made my day.

Deleted
    I am quite sure there is nothing after we die nor any higher power.

I have the scientific outlook on life, everyone should...