Thread: Tobacco

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a surprise, another group of nonsmokers wanting to control smokers' lives.

News flash, you can't impose your views on others without seeming like an arrogant ass.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by TheZealot View Post
    Just ban cigarettes ??? Lol seriously ?

People die from alcohol aswell, and from driving cars and not to mention the combo of both.

Same goes with the food, nowadays you dont even know what theyve put into ur food.

Let people smoke, if they want ( i am a smoker ), they ( me ) know the risks, plus our the money we pay for the damn sticks is good tax money
    Thanks, that was the thing that i couldnt express on my OT(and failed miserably trying to do it btw), "The Tax Money", what I actually wanted to say was: if it would be worth giving up on the tax money made by the production of cigarettes jus to save the life of the people that are adicted to it. I dont have anything against the people who smoke, as far as they are not smoking in the face of some1, after all Its their personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfried View Post
    So i was having a discussion with my brother about the Tobacco and how it affects the humanity as a whole in a bad way and if we should get rid of the production of cigarette's or not.

From my point of view it would affect the world economy in a terrible way but in the other hand there wouldnt be so many people dying from it daily.

So my question is, It would be a good idea to get rid of the cigarettes? and why so many people get addicted to it to the point of having the necessity to smoke every day,what you guys feel? just the urge to have one in your mouth or what?.
    I guarantee you, if they stopped selling cigs and if they were gone, you would have a lot more killers out there, and people losing there shit. This has been one of the best forms of anti depressing, and surpressing of things. If people choose to die by it, let them, there are 1000 other ways to die.

Deleted
    Aslong people don't smoke in my face I couldn't care less...all I care about is my personal health.

Deleted
    Honestly, if a non smoker would take a cigarette out of my mouth while im smoking ima punch him in the throat.

I hate militant people , no matter what they represent, specially the non smokers and vegetarians.

I love to eat STEAK, and yes MEDIUM, and afterwards i want my cigarette

Deleted
    Im not sure if anyone brought this up.... but, how would we smoke weed if there was no tobacco ?

Right...

So thats why we can't get rid of tobacco ether if you smoke or not we need it for weed /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, I don't see the feasibility of an all-out ban. The Black market would love it, the smokers would still get the nicotine, but it would be even more difficult to treat smoke-related injuries, and regulate smoking in any way. I say, keep it legal and JACK UP THE PRICES! (not in Norway, though. They have the perfect price over here^^, which is ~£6 for a 10, ~£11 for a 20, and ~£21 for 50g tobacco)
    Last edited by Calzaeth; 2011-06-26 at 09:33 PM.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Honestly, if a non smoker would take a cigarette out of my mouth while im smoking ima punch him in the throat.

I hate militant people , no matter what they represent, specially the non smokers and vegetarians.

Actually i fucked it up with my topic, i dont think i phrased it how i wanted, i was talking more about giving up on the taxes from it just to protect the lifes of your citizens, anyways, i dont think thats a good idea since the economy wont be able to hold itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    What a surprise, another group of nonsmokers wanting to control smokers' lives.

News flash, you can't impose your views on others without seeming like an arrogant ass.

I was in the middle of down town, walking along minding my own business when some women walked up to me and took my cigar out of my mouth... because "Its polluting my air"... ok lets think about this

down town is full of 4+ lane streets, giant sidewalks and I was, purposefully, walking as close to the street as possible. Hey im trying to be considerate to the people pressed up against the building hiding in the little shade there was. I'm not puffing smoke in someones face and there is plenty of room to give me a wide birth if you have a problem with my (legal)smoke.

The women is this art college girl in her food co-op shirt that I usually see 2 streets up handing out political flyers, I purposefully walk a block out of my way to avoid her. She hands out this vegetarian propaganda and occasionally screams at people wearing leather of any type (jackets, boots, belts, you name it) I'd just got done with my last day of school, ever, and I'm smoking an Ashton Double magnum, this is a $10 cigar. All i wanted to do was chill out and have a nice walk home and this wack-job girl is bugging me, not only that but she had to walk 10 feet to come take my cigar off of me, I wasn't blowing smoke at her.

Some guy said "Wow you're a pretentious bitch." i took my cigar back when she turned to yell at him and said "Try and take my legally smoking cigar again and I'll shove it up your ass lit end first."

She never bothered me again.

Doing something like that is one of most incredibly rude things i can imagine. No one comes up to you and drops meat on your leafy koala dinner, leave my vice alone, its not hurting you, its not bothering anyone else.

I'm so glad I don't go into downtown anymore....
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.