Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

[Shadow] Best Raid Gear Available - 4.2.0

Removed from site.
    Last edited by Twintop; 2011-10-10 at 11:48 PM.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

I noticed that while crit is valued less than mastery for the stat set you referenced, on different pieces, you have crit to mastery and mastery to crit. Is there a particular reason for this?

Edit: Derp moment. I meant this with respect to reforging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

50 story building of text!? DAAAAMN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    I noticed that while crit is valued less than mastery for the stat set you referenced, on different pieces, you have crit to mastery and mastery to crit. Is there a particular reason for this?

Edit: Derp moment. I meant this with respect to reforging.
    Basically, my script chooses what ever will result in the largest PP gain. So if an item has 100 mastery and 60 crit, it is going to reforge out of Mastery in to Haste because you'll end up with +40 haste, whereas if you reforged out of crit you would end up with +24 haste.

EDIT: I see a specific case where that isn't happening...let me look at my script and I'll get back to you.

EDIT2: The bug should be fixed.
    Last edited by Twintop; 2011-06-28 at 04:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    DAMN! wow, well done. WTB one of these for my class/spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Basically, my script chooses what ever will result in the largest PP gain. So if an item has 100 mastery and 60 crit, it is going to reforge out of Mastery in to Haste because you'll end up with +40 haste, whereas if you reforged out of crit you would end up with +24 haste.

EDIT: I see a specific case where that isn't happening...let me look at my script and I'll get back to you.

EDIT2: The bug should be fixed.
    Since the difference in stats is 0.0012, that makes some good sense. I'll be sure to sim pieces before reforging. =)
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Lots of items have had their names changed between when I compiled my database to the release of 4.2. If you spot any errors, please post them in this thread or send me a private message to let me know about them! Thanks go out to Redwinds (MMO), Lonehill (H2P), and Rubine (H2P) for spotting a bunch of these already.

---------- Post added 2011-06-29 at 11:05 PM ----------

Added the "of the" helms; fixed a bug with computing the value of Blue Gems.

Just realized this hadn't been linked to in either the Shadow Guide or the 4.2 Shadow thread. Which would be better?

---------- Post added 2011-07-03 at 05:03 PM ----------

Glowing Ember Wand and Pheonix-Fire Wand have also both been renamed.

Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor
    Firelands: Ragnaros / Normal-10/25
    573.018 = 383 + 190.018

Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor (Heroic)
    Firelands: Ragnaros / Heroic-10/25
    660.5326 = 433 + 227.5326

Both have more int which make both versions a bit better

Im sorry for my bad english :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for making this i would like it to be less colorful because my eyes are bleeding but you did the job so you decide.

Some random things i would like to poing about gear in 4.2
    - I hate the fact that more of random stat. loot exists in the new expansion, it's a terrible idea that i hope Blizzard will remove at next tier at least.
    - Trinkets seems boring as hell too bad.
    - The BiS one hand dagger is a random BoE trash drop since Ragnaros's hammer would be priority for healers in most cases, stupid move

Lots of updates/fixes/changes. I removed a bunch of the assumed upgrade items from reputation which ended up not being available.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    Just realized this hadn't been linked to in either the Shadow Guide or the 4.2 Shadow thread. Which would be better?

---------- Post added 2011-07-03 at 05:03 PM ----------

Glowing Ember Wand and Pheonix-Fire Wand have also both been renamed.
    Fixed. If you see any more (I found a couple others when updating, also) please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Bischof View Post
    Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor
    Firelands: Ragnaros / Normal-10/25
    573.018 = 383 + 190.018

Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor (Heroic)
    Firelands: Ragnaros / Heroic-10/25
    660.5326 = 433 + 227.5326

Both have more int which make both versions a bit better
    Fixed. I guess they bumped the ilvl up from 378/391 and I didn't notice. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Thanks for making this i would like it to be less colorful because my eyes are bleeding but you did the job so you decide.

Some random things i would like to poing about gear in 4.2
    - I hate the fact that more of random stat. loot exists in the new expansion, it's a terrible idea that i hope Blizzard will remove at next tier at least.
    - Trinkets seems boring as hell too bad.
    - The BiS one hand dagger is a random BoE trash drop since Ragnaros's hammer would be priority for healers in most cases, stupid move
    I'll try to tweak the colors a bit to make them easier to read on MMO. The only one that is really bad is the gold for crafted/tradeskill items because it is gold.

I hate asking gear questions...but i'm at a loss heh. I was looking at your BIS along with Kilee's BIS, and both have different trinket list. I understand the other pieces of gear but the trinket section is what throws me off.

Currently i'm using Theralin's 372 and DMC, but with the possibility of getting a Necro this week I've been debating on which to replace it with. Also, is Capacitor really that good besides its massive passive int?

**Thanks in advance**

Quote Originally Posted by Jinz View Post
    I hate asking gear questions...but i'm at a loss heh. I was looking at your BIS along with Kilee's BIS, and both have different trinket list. I understand the other pieces of gear but the trinket section is what throws me off.

Currently i'm using Theralin's 372 and DMC, but with the possibility of getting a Necro this week I've been debating on which to replace it with. Also, is Capacitor really that good besides its massive passive int?

**Thanks in advance**
    There's an update coming to the list Soon™, where I'm resimming/retheorycrafting some of the trinkets, including those with Mastery procs and the Capacitors (old data from PTR back in May). Necro is a solid choice IMO and won't have its value changing (it is a stacking buff with no downtime, as long as you don't let it fall off, so it doesn't require any recalculating). For the second trinket, Theralion's Mirror (Heroic) is going to drop in value by 1/4 of the Mastery bonus due to how/when we cast Mind Blast now (uptime dropping from 33.5sec to 25sec), meaning the new value for the Mastery component will be ~216, for a total of ~579 PP, barely ahead of DMC:V . In this case, I'd probably go with DMC:V because it is, if nothing else, undervalued for a few reasons, including the damage proc scaling with spellpower (which is still simmed for 372 gear, not 391) and the added benefits of an Int proc in general over other stats.

I would also like to note that in SimulationCraft 4.2.0-2, preliminary support for multi DoTing 2 targets has been added. I'm leaning towards using stat weights from this new option of simming for my BiS list because, in most fights, you can and should be at least double DoTing. From what I've read about this, the priority of our stat weights do not change when going to double DoTing. More to come on this later.
    Last edited by Twintop; 2011-07-12 at 06:51 PM.

hey nice list.

just wanna to ask which off piece is best to use because having gloves/head/pants out seems to have nearly the same numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawpcorn View Post
    hey nice list.

just wanna to ask which off piece is best to use because having gloves/head/pants out seems to have nearly the same numbers.
    Pre-H:Ragnaros, helm would be the best off piece since the Haste/Spirit "of the" helm off of Rhyolith is higher in PP; if you're not a fan of the RNG, then the Healing T12 shoulders would be next.

Once you've got H:Ragnaros down, then it becomes the gloves.

From a practical standpoint, though, all of the tier pieces are pretty close to non-tier pieces of the same ilvl, except for the tailoring gloves. Once you start to move in to heroic modes, you'll probably want to take whichever offpiece you can get your hands on first and worry about getting the other 4 slots upgraded to 391.

Pre-H:Ragnaros, helm would be the best off piece since the Haste/Spirit "of the" helm off of Rhyolith is higher in PP; if you're not a fan of the RNG, then the Healing T12 shoulders would be next.

Once you've got H:Ragnaros down, then it becomes the gloves.

From a practical standpoint, though, all of the tier pieces are pretty close to non-tier pieces of the same ilvl, except for the tailoring gloves. Once you start to move in to heroic modes, you'll probably want to take whichever offpiece you can get your hands on first and worry about getting the other 4 slots upgraded to 391.
    I had planned on excluding the pants pre Hardmodes.
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

Any update on the trinket re-sim?

Deleted
    I'm leaning towards using stat weights from this new option of simming for my BiS list because, in most fights, you can and should be at least double DoTing.
    Shannox: Yes
    Behliac: Maybe
    Rhyolith: Yes, kinda.
    Alysrazor: Most of the times no
    Majordomo: No
    Ragnaros: Most of the times no
    Baleroc: No

Shannox HC: No, unless you want to pad meters.

Quote Originally Posted by slimatic View Post
    Any update on the trinket re-sim?
    Soon™.

Quote Originally Posted by Peppercat View Post
    I had planned on excluding the pants pre Hardmodes.
    That's not a bad choice, really, since there are a lot of other pieces to spend VP on this tier, and, the T11 heroic pants are only a few PP below the T12 normal pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Shannox: Yes
    Behliac: Maybe
    Rhyolith: Yes, kinda.
    Alysrazor: Most of the times no
    Majordomo: No
    Ragnaros: Most of the times no
    Baleroc: No

Shannox HC: No, unless you want to pad meters.
    That sure looks like 50%+ to me, which is the definition of "most". Additionally, I didn't say that the scaling weights from the Double DoT simming option would be the *only* stat weights I would use, I just said that I was leaning towards using them. I.E.: in conjunction with single-target weights, just like how I currently average HelterSkelter and Patchwerk sims for single-target.

Deleted
    That sure looks like 50%+ to me, which is the definition of "most". Additionally, I didn't say that the scaling weights from the Double DoT simming option would be the *only* stat weights I would use, I just said that I was leaning towards using them. I.E.: in conjunction with single-target weights, just like how I currently average HelterSkelter and Patchwerk sims for single-target.
    Well, not really. On Beth'liac you don't constantly multi dot, only when the spinners are up and you can't sustain multi dotting the small spiders while Mind Searing. On Rhyolith, you also can't sustain multi dotting while Mind Searing and killing sparks. Even if you multi dot on Rhyolith, it will only be for a small amount of time. So Shannox is the only "true" multi-dot fight. The other fights are not like Valiona and Theralion and Ascendant Council so I wouldn't say simming a 2 DoT target fight to be optimal if you consider how Fireland bosses are at the moment. Naturally, it can change if you look at heroic fights but I don't think so.