Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Firelands Trash Guide

Updating over time..Tomorrow I'll add actual mob names. If anyone cleared bosses and knows boss specific trash please post it and I'll add it to the list.

Molten Lord:

-Places fire patches on the ground that explode causing damage and knocking players back
    -Places a stacking DoT on the tank requiring a tank swap

Snake Pats:

-CCable
    -Cauterizers are the healers

Flamewalker Overseer:

-Cleaves with damage that is split amongst players (AKA stack up)

Scorpions:

-Explode upon death?

Turtles:

-Mother turtle shields, hitting the shield knocks players back
    -Little turtles spin doing AOE damage and knocking players back (spread out)
    -One tank takes mom the other takes babies

Pyrelord & Friends:

-Kill Pyrelord first
    -Once Pyrelord is dead, drag the melee add into the AOE fire to take off his shield

Magma Channeling Guys:

-Each time the big guy gets a 25% damage buff, one of the magma channelers loses its shield and should be burned
    -If the Magma elemental in the middle channels to 100 he comes out regardless of fight status and kills the raid
    -Once all channelers are dead the elemental comes out. The lower his energy the less the damage that he does.

Giant Core Hounds:

-Fire Cone
    -Gobble the tank requiring a tank swap
    -AoE fear soon after gobbling a tank

Ragers (the Rock Elemental dudes)

-Charge random players causing a large radius AoE (spread out)

Core Hounds:

Task Master Packs:

Various Boss Trash:

Deleted
    What is the name of the trash in front of Baleroc?

On EU server so cannot check

Quote Originally Posted by wtfpwndd View Post
    Turtles:

-Mother turtle shields, hitting the shield knocks players back
    -Little turtles spin doing AOE damage and knocking players back (spread out)
    -One tank takes mom the other takes babies
    Its the Patriarch (father) turtle which puts up the shield as well as aflame breath (frontal cone). Matriarch and Hatchlings seem to both turtle up and spin w/ knockback, although that seemed to be susceptible to interrupt/stun.

Does anyone as of now have an effective way of killing the Taskmaster pack that is in front of Alysrazor? It contains a Taskmaster, three spear throwers, a hell hound and two cauterizers. The taskmaster has an aura that makes the others immune to CC and we only attempted that pull maybe 3 times before calling it (the trash run had been going on for 3 hrs then) and I was curious if anyone knew how to properly kill that group. At the moment I tried Deathgripping the Taskmaster and running away so the others could be CC'd, but the time it took for the aura to fade allowed all the remaining enemies to kill the other tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    ey !
    cheers this is helpfull for tonight :d
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Thanks for this info.

Thank you, will put that to good use tommorow.

Deleted
    Does trash respawn even after some bosses are killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerieana View Post
    Does anyone as of now have an effective way of killing the Taskmaster pack that is in front of Alysrazor? It contains a Taskmaster, three spear throwers, a hell hound and two cauterizers. The taskmaster has an aura that makes the others immune to CC and we only attempted that pull maybe 3 times before calling it (the trash run had been going on for 3 hrs then) and I was curious if anyone knew how to properly kill that group. At the moment I tried Deathgripping the Taskmaster and running away so the others could be CC'd, but the time it took for the aura to fade allowed all the remaining enemies to kill the other tank.
    We tried something similar. It seems the Taskmaster's aura is on maybe a 15-20 yard range, and we'd have our DK tank DG the Taskmaster & then goblin jump down the little ramp away. At the same time, as soon as the DG went off, we would have sheep, blind (not enough time for a sap), and trap go off. The trap and sheep would go to the cauterizers. We tried rooting the hellhounds, but they seemed to be breaking free and pretty much destroying the group. We never killed that group, we gave it about 5 tries then said screw it. Closest we got was killing the Taskmaster, a cauterizer, a beastmaster(?), and by then the hellhounds had eaten our group up. Anyone else give that group a shot? You can walk around them hugging the wall, but I am sure there's a trick to it.

tracking this thread, thanks man

You can root the turtles, fyi, and they'll just spin in place.

Firelands Trash

We tried the turtles once last night in our trash run. We killed the Patriach first because his flame breath hurt a lot. Then we killed the two small turtles while a frost mage (arcane, druid rooting, etc... could also do this) kited the spinning ones. It took a while with a couple people dying, but we killed them.

For the Taskmaster pack, we discovered by accident that they are more interested in beating on each other. So just kill them one by one and ignore the others.

Our guild started off killing the trash, then decided to sort of explore a bit and see how far we could get before needing to clear more trash. We got to a certain point towards the north when a mob spawned with 16 million health! As we were trying to kill it, another spawned. Afterwards, we went back and cleared more trash near the beginning until we heard Shannox yell something for a second time and he started patting around that circular path. We figured the spawned mobs were to prevent us from either getting too far without getting Shannox to start patting, or maybe to prevent us from engaging Baleroc before the other four bosses were killed.

Also, we amusingly found out that the mobs leading up to Beth'tilac didn't like anyone near them who was stealthed, invisible, or camouflaged. Whenever one of us used one of those abilities, they threw out a fireball and made us visible again. We didn't have them targeted or engage them at all. It was funny.
    It's amazing how many people get 'affect' and 'effect' mixed up.
    http://www.greatestvs.com/affect-vs-effect/

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    So my guild was working on this garbage last night and we had a hell of a time trying to kill the pack down Beth'tilac's way. This pack has 2 Spear throwers and a Cauterizer fighting a Drone Spider and a Spinner. We tried various approaches (i.e. Targeting Spinner first then Cauterizer, then targeting Cauterizer first then spinner, then tried pulling them down the hallway trying to range the Spear Throwers, but they killed us anyway). After a few failed attempts we just went and cleared the other trash for rep. We aren't a horrible group, and we are fairly certain we are overthinking this pull.....any help would be appreciated.

Is there an order to account for, or do you just zerg it?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    So my guild was working on this garbage last night and we had a hell of a time trying to kill the pack down Beth'tilac's way. This pack has 2 Spear throwers and a Cauterizer fighting a Drone Spider and a Spinner. We tried various approaches (i.e. Targeting Spinner first then Cauterizer, then targeting Cauterizer first then spinner, then tried pulling them down the hallway trying to range the Spear Throwers, but they killed us anyway). After a few failed attempts we just went and cleared the other trash for rep. We aren't a horrible group, and we are fairly certain we are overthinking this pull.....any help would be appreciated.

Is there an order to account for, or do you just zerg it?

Thanks.
    My guild had the exact same problem, after awhile we just gave up and cheesed it by running past with a soulstone up and rezzing on the other side. It doesn't appear that any of the mobs are CC-able and the stacking buff on the drone is really annoying because it doesn't go away. For a couple attempts in a row he had 10 stacks giving him a 200% damage increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by helo View Post
    My guild had the exact same problem, after awhile we just gave up and cheesed it by running past with a soulstone up and rezzing on the other side. It doesn't appear that any of the mobs are CC-able and the stacking buff on the drone is really annoying because it doesn't go away. For a couple attempts in a row he had 10 stacks giving him a 200% damage increase.
    While that is a helpful and quick fix, i would like to know other groups strats to clearing them.

We spent just over 2 hours in there and didn't even get to see a boss. Talk about time consuming trash. We got hung up on Beth'tilac's trash (the pack with the 6-7 hellhounds, and the following that the previous posters are talking about) and the one taskmaster group pull near the top center (the one group not fighting itself).

Such a headache. How do people compensate? And how do groups control multiple hellhounds- they've been raping the heck out of our 10m with their stacking debuff.

Just quietly, for those of you trash farming -

Most of the initial trash can be SOLO TANKED quite easily.

I've been succesfully solo tanking Molten Giants, Corehounds, Cauterizer packs, little puppy packs, charging elementals, turtles all day.

Haven't taken pugs up to channelers yet so not sure how viable solo tank is up there. But the extra DPS helps for quick trash runs... just make sure heals are spammed on tank when e.g. Molten Giant / puppy pack debuffs are applied.
    Ilam - <Gardian> | Wiping with Benefits - Frostmourne US - armory