Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    It's true, that Blizzard does this to improve their customership. In the end, it's better to have potential customers hang around a little bit longer. But I find it very typical for this community, that people still find something negative about it, instead of just saying "Thank you Blizzard, that's nice!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    It's true, that Blizzard does this to improve their customership. In the end, it's better to have potential customers hang around a little bit longer. But I find it very typical for this community, that people still find something negative about it, instead of just saying "Thank you Blizzard, that's nice!"
    I see it as a good thing. I have friends who have wanted to try the game out, but only have 1-2days a week to try it. So people who are saying "14 days is enough" only works if people can be ON for those 14 days.
    So the unlimited trial is a good way to have some time to try it out, and if any of them want to upgrade, I have the free version for them to get up to Burning Crusade. Meaning their cost in the long run will be Wrath + Cata and the monthly sub.

So, does the level cap on trial accounts mean you can start a new acct for your level 19 pvp twinks and keep them free, if you've visited an experience eliminator?

Quote Originally Posted by Cianan View Post
    So, does the level cap on trial accounts mean you can start a new acct for your level 19 pvp
    twinks and keep them free, if you've visited an experience eliminator?
    Nah. Trial accounts still have their restricitions. They just don't run out in 14 days anymore.

Deleted
    Is it wrong that I logged in and the most exciting thing was that I could move my characters up/down the list?It's about time!

I don't see the unlimited trial till 20 as being a problem, nor do I see Blizzard using it to pad numbers.What it is is a clear understanding that they have to evolve how people view MMOs.People want to try stuff before they buy into it, allowing people to play for as long as they want and try all classes, etc. will either make them want to buy into the full thing, or not. Blizzard wants the former, the latter doesn't matter because that person was in that boat to begin with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrotica View Post
    I don't see the unlimited trial till 20 as being a problem, nor do I see Blizzard using it to pad numbers.What it is is a clear understanding that they have to evolve how people view MMOs.People want to try stuff before they buy into it, allowing people to play for as long as they want and try all classes, etc. will either make them want to buy into the full thing, or not. Blizzard wants the former, the latter doesn't matter because that person was in that boat to begin with.
    Sounds like great changes, however I have my own personal reservation with the free Burning Crusade.

I liked the fact that if you didn't own TBC it was possible to stay level 60, but PVP with the "main" battle group, without having to wait days for a PVP battleground.

I wonder if Blizzard would still remove keys from accounts like they do, or if all TBC exclusive content is just unlocked from requiring a key, meaning having a vanilla WoW key means you have TBC. I hope its the former otherwise I won't be returning to WoW when I feel the urge to PVP at 60 again!
    Last edited by mmocd5adff39f2; 2011-06-29 at 05:49 PM.

At least now they get time to fix heirloom transfer across servers. It's the only reason to even play WoW. Everything else is just done and done, nothing new. At least when you roll on a new server you get to meet new people. Just a pain to level without heirlooms, especially if you've spent a lot of time obtaining every heirloom you can have...

Deleted
    instead of trying to suck in the last person that didnt play wow yet. maybe the bigger picture is that none of the millions of dollars of profit were put into the game, and that rather artists, designers and what not were pulled from wow and put into work on their new mmo without replacing them. Blizz was quick to dumb the game down , give everyone epics, sell ingame items, transfer in all kind of ways possible, your realm and your experience didnt matter anymore, if you paid you felt like a sucker for doing so. Investing in content and making the game better instead of dumbing the game down and making the game fun for current players was neglected, they chose the short rewarding way of doing business, the corperat way of doing busuness, lots of profit in a short time but forgot they would actually lose money in the long term. you got what you deserve blizzard, its a shame how you went from a company who would vow for your quality went to a company that no one trusts anymore. Enjoy yhe money if you are in charge at blizzard, everyone else got fucked over in any perspective.

And after almost 7 years, WoW becomes a Freemium game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    actually i quit wow about 4 months back and went over to rift, then took a 2 week break due to personal reasons, and now am back to wow.
    in rift, if you level with friends at about the same rate, you will have enormous amounts of fun, but you fall behind by 10 levels and then you get your ass kicked by same level mobs, killing you and the fun.
    IMHO Rift is all about the social aspect of MMO, none of the solo crap you can get away with in WoW. Then again, the solo crap in WoW winds up much more fun than the solo crap in RIFT.

TLR 1.) i ramble 2.) im back to wow because of a lack of FUN solo play in RIFT
    i did the same,

i started rift to play with some friends and loved it, but they were logging on for an hour and afk for most of it

i hated getting killed by three or four pats and tbh, a grind is a grind

Dunno if posted yet but:

The people who make MMO juggernaut World of Warcraft have another massively multiplayer online game in the works, a game they're calling Titan for now. Blizzard calls it "awesome" and "ambitious." One analyst calls it "casual." That analyst would be Stern Agee's Arvind Bhatia, who writes that Blizzard Entertainment's next products are "expansion packs for Starcraft and World of Warcraft, a new Diablo game, [and] a new casual MMO" that are "likely be released in the next 12 to 24 months." Bhatia clarified with Gamasutra that the "casual MMO" he was referring to was, indeed, Titan.

With World of Warcraft appearing to have reached its player-base cap and Activision more reliant on Call of Duty to be a success, a newer broader market for Titan would make sense—even if we don't know just how "casual" this game is expected to be.
    And with more games pursuing a free-to-play model, how will that jibe with Blizzard's supposed casual-leaning MMO development plans?

Deleted
    Earlier in the week they gave away classic wow subs, now whoever has classic wow has tbc for free. What's this sound I hear? Desperation? They better bring Titan out fast.