had trouble with a warrior.

i dont know if it was me but was sure it wasnt me as i have healed tanks in heroics with less ilvl and hp no probs. I queued into a dungeon as heals and got sfk. The tank was prot warrior had almost full epics on around 178k hp. He was gem and reforged correctly he looked like he was balancing dodge and parry with a couple of 20 str/stam parry dodge gems.

This guy was taking loads of damage. It was very hard to heal him. Thankfully the moonkin was helping abit. The trash at the start up to the first boss i called it quits, i blew all cds trying to hold him up and just barely, i did as well as going oom.

What i dont get is warriors are block tanks - steady income of damage combined with all the hots from druids, should be smooth. I dont understand what went wrong---.

Btw this was pre 4.2

thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    The first sets of packs do a magic damage "spit" that should be reflected by the tank or interrupted. That causes a lot of damage. In addition, see if he was using his cooldowns; even in good gear he'll still take plenty of damage from 8 - 12 mobs at once.

Deleted
    First few set of packs actually hit rather damn hard despite how well geared the tank is.

I've tanked a fair few times on my druid as well as on my dk, it's not so different between the two.

don't stress, it's experience

Been a while since I played my prot warrior but, they should have been stacking mastery/parry. The added block chance from mastery makes a huge difference.

But like has been said, that trash can be rough. The rest of the place would probably have been better.

ah i see, well, i guess having the best gear doesnt mean they are pro :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Having tanked BWD/BoT as a Warrior, DK and Pally. I can confirm that Warriors are the weakest of the 3. Paladins > DKs > Warriors for most of the bosses.

I can't really put my finger on why. I think it's because the Pally and DK have better cooldowns that fit a wider variety of situations. Then again, I haven't raid tanked on my Warrior since the shield block change, so maybe they are a bit better now. At least against magic.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama