I tried boomer in 4.1 and it was not good, how about now?

Guys this is not a flame of boomer. I admit I never got the hang of what the heck I was doing.
    But I do know that my mage could do 2 times the damage and not take 10 minutes to ramp up ok thats a bit of a stretch but still I could not do worth a darn and it seemd to take forever before doing any real damage.

I am pretty sure it was me and 4.1 damage.

now I want to step out of healing for a change and give it another try.
    Is there some addon that will help me with my rotation or whatever you want to call it?

should I be close (within 5K) of an arcane mage in similar gear?

4.1 Boomkin was the best we've had, the 4pc made the rotation much more involved with little tricks to boost your DPS, personally 4.1 > 4.2 imo.

4.1 was really nice for boomkins so if you didn't like our damage then, I don't think you will like it so much now.

We can get within 5k of an arcane mage for sure, but it mostly depends on the fight. If you take e.g. Shannox (1st boss in Firelands), you have 3 targets for multi-dotting and Starfall, which obviously make boomkins really strong. Now if you're talking single target dps with no movement, yeah we still suck at that for sure. Knowing the strengths and weaknesses of your class helps mitigate disappointments.

If u couldn't do dps in 4.1 I doubt u can now. But yes, you oughta be within 5k of an arcanemage giving the same gear I think.

Boomkin was awesome last patch. We're still good this patch. Although, our dps on the move got nerfed quite a bit. They also hotfixed our cancelaura macro for Lunar Shower. I think most people will end up speccing out of it. Boomkins are sitll good.