Thread: World of Logs

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
    Yeah I know the charts are pretty misleading, it's all about who you keep alive. It just annoys me when the druids are all proud of themselves, and I almost lost my raidspot <.>. I do find it kind of unfair though, when we were doing Firelands, that during a very heavy AoE with rolling hots and Tranq our druid was pushed up to 45k HPS! No other healer could even hope to do that amount...
    I agree with you, but unfortunately, numbers talk.

I have almost the same problem as a tank. People pick tanks with higher HPs over the ones with lower HPs even though there is absolutely no basis for it. Smart tanks gem for avoidance with some sta, the dumb ones gem all 60 stas and gain over 200k HP with shitacular avoidance and become mana sponges for the healers, yet they will be picked over the smarter tanks who gem balanced because their higher HP makes them appear better geared -_-.

Sucks, when I get into a random and the healer QQs that I only have 160k HP. Yet neglects my superior 12% dodge, 15% parry, and 50% block rating.

People put too much emphasis on numbers in this game, and unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it. Druids ARE healing more than any other healers and thus GMs will want more of them healing, regardless of whether half of that are overheals.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I agree with you, but unfortunately, numbers talk.

I have almost the same problem as a tank. People pick tanks with higher HPs over the ones with lower HPs even though there is absolutely no basis for it. Smart tanks gem for avoidance with some sta, the dumb ones gem all 60 stas and gain over 200k HP with shitacular avoidance and become mana sponges for the healers, yet they will be picked over the smarter tanks who gem balanced because their higher HP makes them appear better geared -_-.

Sucks, when I get into a random and the healer QQs that I only have 160k HP. Yet neglects my superior 12% dodge, 15% parry, and 50% block rating.

People put too much emphasis on numbers in this game, and unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it. Druids ARE healing more than any other healers and thus GMs will want more of them healing, regardless of whether half of that are overheals.
    And this is where you start looking for a guild that has raid leaders that know what the hell is going on. Yeah, there are plenty of morons who think HPS from healers and HP from tanks are the only things that matter in a raid, and that's why they never get to kill anything. Sorry you have so much trouble with it, but the only thing we can do is hope people educate themselves on it. Maybe when they realize the top guilds on their server don't have stam stacking tanks and don't flood the raid group with only resto druids, they'll rethink it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    And this is where you start looking for a guild that has raid leaders that know what the hell is going on.
    ^

I can't remember the last time in wow when comparing logs across healers for different classes was actually useful... I am vaguely reminded of when CoH first came out and didn't have a CD and priests were spaming it and topping the charts. Did that mean they were also dispeling, and avoiding damage, and executing mechanics correctly? No it just meant that they were hitting one button over and over and padding their numbers. As far as healing goes I only look at the logs if someone is having issues with mana or something similar because that usually means they are doing too much overhealing or using the wrong balance of spells. This whole topic is sort of as brain dead as when Tnija mentioned in her thread that someone complained abut her bubbles because they were messing up the their healer's healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I am vaguely reminded of when CoH first came out and didn't have a CD and priests were spaming it and topping the charts. Did that mean they were also dispeling, and avoiding damage, and executing mechanics correctly? No it just meant that they were hitting one button over and over and padding their numbers.
    Hey! That was fun! Is it bad that I was the GM and I would bring in 5-6 other Priests so I didn't have to MD on Felmyst? LOL
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest