Holy/Disc priest Shannox 10M

I was more or less just curious how other priest are handling 10M Shannox.

Currently my raid is running Shaman/Priest/Paladin healing team and what we've been doing is the Paladin is strictly on the tanks, Shaman on the raid and I'm following the rageface targets as Disc, our mage is on Rageface the whole time to stop the Face Rage ability and we're splitting the DPS between the 3 targets and trying to get Shannox as close to 30% then downing the dogs. We didn't down Shannox on Tuesday due to server DC's but I just thought I'd see if any other priest have this similar approach to Shannox.

This sounds like the same strategy that my guild used for 25m. Here is a friend's log for 10m (despite it saying 25, wol bug) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...?s=5518&e=5989
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

We did disc/druid/pally for our heals, but we killed rageface then took shannox down to 35%, killed the other dog, then finished off shannox.

Pretty lax healing fight in general, I was spamming smite most of it

In my guild, we had a disc priest on Shannox's tank and helping on raid, a druid on raid heals, and a shaman on Riplimb's tank. We had tried having the disc priest raid heal and the resto druid focus on Shannox's tank at first, but the Druid's HoTs couldn't keep up with damage after the first dog died and the disc priest had been trying to top everyone off for when Riplimp was going to go down. Switching the two made a huge difference for our group.

What occurs to me is that if your pally is on both tanks, are they spreading out enough for Riplimb to run around so they can both drop their stacks? And if they are running far enough, how is the pally staying in range of both of them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just downed this last night. We handled it by me (disc) healing the shannox tank and shielding the face rage target if he was in range of me. We had a resto druid handling the riplimb tank and a resto shaman healing the raid otherwise.

What we did was burn down rageface as fast as possible then split dps, 2 ranged on riplimb and the other 3 on shannox. Stop dps on Shannox at 37-33% and stop dps on riplimb at 1 million. When both targets were at the proper amount of health we waited until shannox threw his spear and then burned down riplimb on his way back to drop the shannox tank stacks one more time.

After that it's a very simple fight as disc I mainly tank healed the shannox tank but if I found time I POHed the raid after the spear plunge.

We have the same healing comp as you and downed it by nuking Rageface first (since he was painful for us before the slight nerf and we don't have a mage). Our Holy Pally was on the Shannox tank, Resto Shaman on Riplimb tank and raid, and me (Disc Priest) on raid and Shannox tank (especially after Rageface is down). I was initially on Riplimb tank, but our Shaman was lagging quite a bit so we swapped roles since the Riplimb tank doesn't take nearly as much damage. Since we were just nuking Rageface, most of us just ate his damage and healed through it. After Rageface was down, all DPS was on Riplimb until around 500k-1mil health, switched to Shannox to get him near the 30% mark before killing Riplimb. The burn after that wasn't too bad as long as you continue to avoid the traps while remembering fire is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    In my guild, we had a disc priest on Shannox's tank and helping on raid, a druid on raid heals, and a shaman on Riplimb's tank. We had tried having the disc priest raid heal and the resto druid focus on Shannox's tank at first, but the Druid's HoTs couldn't keep up with damage after the first dog died and the disc priest had been trying to top everyone off for when Riplimp was going to go down. Switching the two made a huge difference for our group.

What occurs to me is that if your pally is on both tanks, are they spreading out enough for Riplimb to run around so they can both drop their stacks? And if they are running far enough, how is the pally staying in range of both of them?
    Nope, one tank takes both Riplimb and Shannox and then they other tank takes over till the others stack wears off, was working last night till the DC's started to happen .

We originally had the shaman on the Rageface victims but his heals weren't good enough, after I stated to Bubble and Penance the victims then they weren't dying to rageface :P

I think our tanks might try the spread tanking but the only issue we have is our lack of slows for Riplimb, we have a Frost DK that might be able to handle it for the most part but I think he might be the only one... but 30sec is a long time to keep it slowed for one person unless it can hit a crystal prison... dunno will have to play around with it tonight and hopefully our DC's are solved
    Last edited by Verth Aeyta; 2011-06-30 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Added quote

Quote Originally Posted by Verth Aeyta View Post
    Nope, one tank takes both Riplimb and Shannox and then they other tank takes over till the others stack wears off, was working last night till the DC's started to happen .

We originally had the shaman on the Rageface victims but his heals weren't good enough, after I stated to Bubble and Penance the victims then they weren't dying to rageface :P

I think our tanks might try the spread tanking but the only issue we have is our lack of slows for Riplimb, we have a Frost DK that might be able to handle it for the most part but I think he might be the only one... but 30sec is a long time to keep it slowed for one person unless it can hit a crystal prison... dunno will have to play around with it tonight and hopefully our DC's are solved
    From what I saw, Riplimb is immune to the crystal prisons when running TO Shannox with the spear, but not when running back to his tank. If you have an spriest, put them on Riplimb, since I'm pretty sure MF made a huge difference. We had an issue with the hunter's slowing trap, but we weren't sure if it was a bug because they'd sometimes be immune and other times it would trigger. We had a bear tank managing Riplimb, and he kited side to side as well as away from Shannox so that he could guide Riplimb through some traps and make him take longer to get back. It helped minimize the range issue, but took some practice.

Using this strat, there was way less tank damage going on, but more movement on pretty much everyone. Both tanks had to do a little kiting to make sure stacks fell off, all the DPS where everywhere in between trying to avoid a whole mess of traps and the fire spiral, and the healers were trying to stay in range of the tanks. It worked, but it took several tries to get used to. I'm unsure if the movement would make this strat viable for you though; none of your healers are especially mobile like a resto druid is. It does work for some comps though, just make sure you have the slows and your tanks can kite.
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    From what I saw, Riplimb is immune to the crystal prisons when running TO Shannox with the spear, but not when running back to his tank. If you have an spriest, put them on Riplimb, since I'm pretty sure MF made a huge difference. We had an issue with the hunter's slowing trap, but we weren't sure if it was a bug because they'd sometimes be immune and other times it would trigger. We had a bear tank managing Riplimb, and he kited side to side as well as away from Shannox so that he could guide Riplimb through some traps and make him take longer to get back. It helped minimize the range issue, but took some practice.

Using this strat, there was way less tank damage going on, but more movement on pretty much everyone. Both tanks had to do a little kiting to make sure stacks fell off, all the DPS where everywhere in between trying to avoid a whole mess of traps and the fire spiral, and the healers were trying to stay in range of the tanks. It worked, but it took several tries to get used to. I'm unsure if the movement would make this strat viable for you though; none of your healers are especially mobile like a resto druid is. It does work for some comps though, just make sure you have the slows and your tanks can kite.
    Just talked to our GM/RL and we are going to try splitting them apart and I will suggest the Spriest take on Rageface as we do have an Spriest in our group currently. Our Pally tank will be taking Shannox and our DK Tank will take Riplimb so we'll see how it goes tonight. Thanks for the advice BTW movement isn't really too much of an issue for me, Bubble and Penance actually do make me a little more mobile than if I were Holy

Quote Originally Posted by Verth Aeyta View Post
    Just talked to our GM/RL and we are going to try splitting them apart and I will suggest the Spriest take on Rageface as we do have an Spriest in our group currently. Our Pally tank will be taking Shannox and our DK Tank will take Riplimb so we'll see how it goes tonight. Thanks for the advice BTW movement isn't really too much of an issue for me, Bubble and Penance actually do make me a little more mobile than if I were Holy
    You want the spriest on Riplimb, the one that has to be tanked and fetches the spear. Spriests don't have the burst to get Rageface off of people, and having Riplimb constantly slowed by MF when he's fetching works great.

Ooops I meant Riplimb... damn names got me confused... UGH... I'll get it eventually :P

When Riplimb grabs the spear he cannot be slowed or imprisoned and runs straight to Shannox; however, you can still slow or trap him on his way to fetch the spear. The Riplimb tank takes very little damage and is easy to heal. I healed the raid as holy for this. The raid doesn't take much damage, but the raid healer will have to react fast for Face Rages or if people step on immolation traps. We put all dps on Rageface and kill him first, then split between the boss and Riplimb. Shannox does do extra damage with Rageface dead, but this was no problem as I was able to help heal the tank since there is minimal raid damage without that angry dog chewing on random people.

Make sure you slow or trap Riplimb

Deleted
    We killed him with a paladin on the maintank and me as disc on the offtank and a resto drood on raid. When the tank healers had time they would help on raid aswell ofc. Worked well ended with about 70% mana when he was down. Seemed pretty easy