[Music] DJ´s - I want in

Hello everyone
    So ive been wanting to start a new hobby since i left wow, and i was always a great fan of general electronic music. The other night i went to a party, and my buddy introduced me to the dj. He let me "play" with his stuff and i freakin loved it! He said i should get my own material and keep praticing and starting to learn.
    Problem is, and you might know about it, its not cheap. And im not willing to spend half my salary on something i might not like. So i gathered some info about the cheapest and simpler mixing tables, and i found this Beringher BCF2000 and Vertax Typhoom.
    If anyone one here is in this world, please recommend me something i could buy very simple so i could learn , and see if i really like it.
    Best regards
    Last edited by Seys*; 2011-06-30 at 11:36 PM.
    Everytime you whine, blizzard lags a server.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    maybe you could first try out some DJ software (like Virtual DJ) so you can mix on your pc without buying expensive equipement

cant, its impossible to do any good mixing with the mouse ;( need 2 hands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seys* View Post
    cant, its impossible to do any good mixing with the mouse ;( need 2 hands
    Apparently you've never heard of Deadmau5.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Aren´t they producers? There´s a big difference. I doubt they dj without a table or anything alike.

Deleted
    Do you want to DJ or produce?
    There's a big difference. I think the first thing you should buy is MIDI keyboard and learn everything about sound synthesis.
    About the software, you don't need to use your mouse, you can buy those fake tables or whatever(I'm not really familiar with mixing) which emulate the ones used for vinyls, especially made for computers.
    Last edited by mmoce67615a32e; 2011-07-02 at 10:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always (and still) like Pioneer and Technics, and I recommend buy only this stuff, yes, its pricey, but worth while
    Btw, you dont have to buy equipment right now, try to take on lease or ask your friends to lend to you (if they have ones)

Yea thats what im trying to do, or buy something used im thinking on buying this , its only like 80 euros and it should be compatible with traktor or virtual dj.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hercules-Control-MP3-Virtual-4780583/dp/B002HH9TO2

A
    ny thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seys* View Post
    Aren´t they producers? There´s a big difference. I doubt they dj without a table or anything alike.
    He is a Dj. He uses a rather standard mixer and some high Dj software. Turn tabling is not as common as it used to be.

Hello everyone.
    So today i just bought my first dj controller: hercules mp3 e2, and it has come to my understandment that i need to buy some additional stuff before i can begin praticing.
    Thing is, it looks like i need 1 usb sound card so i can hear the music playin in the deck2 while the other plays on the speakers.
    So , long story short, can anyone kindly tell me and also suggest what gear do i need to buy? (nothing too expensive please)
    Best regards

Edit: im using a macbook pro and virtual dj that came in the box

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Deadmau5 doesn't even identify himself as a DJ. He says that he provides a multimedia electronic music show. I know there's a bit of a fine line there, but he'll be the first to tell you that he has no interest in mixing discs or records and wouldn't consider himself a "DJ" in the traditional sense.

As for the OP, there's a lot of beginner's sets you can pick up to get started for a pretty reasonable price. I'd recommend you get a "box", which is a DJ station that comes with the decks and mixer all in one console. An offshot of Numark called ION made some pretty good ones a few years back, not sure if they're still in production though, but you could definitely pick them up for dirt cheap and given what they are, they're pretty good quality. I used one as my home recording/practice set for years and years and they're great.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    As for the OP, there's a lot of beginner's sets you can pick up to get started for a pretty reasonable price. I'd recommend you get a "box", which is a DJ station that comes with the decks and mixer all in one console. An offshot of Numark called ION made some pretty good ones a few years back, not sure if they're still in production though, but you could definitely pick them up for dirt cheap and given what they are, they're pretty good quality. I used one as my home recording/practice set for years and years and they're great.
    Regarding my last question, do you have any advise on what should i buy?