What strat did you use for Shannox 25m?

Hey guys. Our 10m team downed Shannox using the strat where you just burn Rageface straight off, but in 25m when we try that the healers healing the Shannox tank just seem to be going oom. Here's logs of our attempts last night http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/xsc5mafbd1t5934w/

we split dps up, got dogs to 10%, boss was around 50% by this time, all switched to him and brought him to 35ish, then pewed both dogs down, heroism and spanked boss.
    Realm First Grand Master Enchanter

Deleted
    Ranged on the untankable add
    Melee on the other add tanked by the 2 MT's who is also tanking the boss *cleave ftw* The 2 MT's try and juggle it so they lose the debuffs (1 pala tank, 1 warrior).

Nuke both adds down to 10%, got boss to 40%, killed adds, nuked boss

Our Tanks got a bit owned/chewed and healers were on fumes for the last 10-20%, we probably won't use this tactic again and may even use a 3rd tank for this, but it died 2nd or 3rd pull with the above method.

Ranged split on both dogs, Melee on boss, Boss to 32-35% switch burn both dogs, kill boss.

With Riplimb being tanked as far away from shannox as possible, and his tank kiting him far away when he throws the spear.

Are you forcing your melee to chase Rageface around until he's dead? Looking at the logs it seems like it. If so:

Forcing your melee to run around chasing a target that's primarily faster than them and leaps all over the place is a HUGE raid dps loss. You're likely losing about 5k dps per melee, depending on class/spec. And it looks like you have about 7 melee. So you're missing 35k raid dps for a good portion of the fight (until rageface dies). This makes the fight last much longer than it would otherwise and explains your healers running oom by the end of it. Also - some of your dps (particularly your DKs) need to pick it up. There's no way that a muti rogue should be beating DKs when they both have to chase rageface around. DP stacks falling off when he jumps miles away, no ranged abilities at all, energy capping as you can't hit him, not being able to maintain optimal rupture uptime, etc. = Muti rogues generally should do relatively poor dps. You should be very happy for his 15.8k dps (looking at attempt 7 here), but at the same time scolding your other melee for their poor performance.

All-in-all it seems like the fight is being dragged out longer than it should be due to your wasting raid dps with your tactic and under-performing dps. This is what causes your healers to eventually go oom.

I'd recommend having range stay on rageface, then a melee split between riplimb and shannox. Put your DKs especially on riplimb for CoI'ing to help tanks reset stacks. From there:

If rageface is causing you problems, just have your range straight out kill him. Shannox's extra 30% for 1 dog dying isn't too bad to heal. Then have the range hit riplimb and all melee transfer to shannox. Bring shannox to about 35% and then the dog to like 5%-10%, kill riplimb, then pop hero and burn shannox.

If you don't mind having rageface up (not that bad if you have a plethora of 45k critters and your healers have quick reactions), move a few range onto riplimb and perhaps a few melee off riplimb to shannox. The dps on all three mobs should be roughly equal. Will take some trial-and-error to split dps correctly. Just remember that you should try to put a few melee who can slow riplimb on him (DKs with CoI, warriors with hamstring, etc.) Then bring shannox to 35% and both dogs to 5%-10%, kill both dogs, pop hero, then burn shannox.

We 2 tanked it with burning down rageface first and then getting limb down with 31% HP on Shannox. We had our main tank and off tank as far apart as possible and lifegripped our offtank when the marker appeared and had the main tank back up a little bit. The tanks never got above 3-4 stacks and even after Rageface was dead, the dmg wasn't too crazy. We actually had a bunch of ppl get hit by traps (I got crystalized twice like a complete fail) and barely killed the boss as he enraged with some DPS dead throughout the majority of the fight (we lost some to the tank turning shannox the wrong way). We pretty much one-shot this once we figured out how to properly tank this (without enraging Shannox and making him eat our main tank).

Quote Originally Posted by Thickasabrick31 View Post
    We 2 tanked it with burning down rageface first and then getting limb down with 31% HP on Shannox. We had our main tank and off tank as far apart as possible and lifegripped our offtank when the marker appeared and had the main tank back up a little bit. The tanks never got above 3-4 stacks and even after Rageface was dead, the dmg wasn't too crazy. We actually had a bunch of ppl get hit by traps (I got crystalized twice like a complete fail) and barely killed the boss as he enraged with some DPS dead throughout the majority of the fight (we lost some to the tank turning shannox the wrong way). We pretty much one-shot this once we figured out how to properly tank this (without enraging Shannox and making him eat our main tank).
    We also did the same.

Killed the dog that just runs around, got boss to 31%, killed other dog. Burned boss down. got him on second try.

we rotated tanks on the boss Bloodboil (Black Temple) style and had the dog tank reset stacks using traps

Is Riplimb slowable after all? We tried with a hunter (Concussive Shot) and a mage slowing and it didn't seem to affect him, and no he didn't trigger a trap before hand.

What other snares can be used?

Our group setup looks like this:
    Tanks: Prot warrior/Druid
    Healers: Priest, Druid and Paladin
    DPS: Arcane Mage, Shadow Priest, 2x Hunters, Assa Rogue

I guess the Shadow Priest would be the next best bet if Conc shot and Slow don't seem to work, any thoughts?

Well I can confirm for sure that Chains of Ice, Hamstring, and Blade Twisting (combat rogue talent) all indeed slow him.

If Conc. Shot or Slow won't work for some reason, I'd say your best bet is to have your prot warrior tanking riplimb and apply a hamstring just before riplimb runs away from him to retrieve the spear. This was what worked for us.

Alternatively, have your muti rogue take a point in Deadly Brew and see if the Crippling Poison effect works.

Edit: Also, unrelated, but looking at your group comp, you may run into a similar problem with rageface as my group originally did. I'm admittedly unsure with hunters in 4.2, but can they reliably crit 30k+ on demand? If not, and your arcane mage is the only one who can do it (cause I know spriests can't and muti rogues probably need 4+ CP to do it), then you're gonna have a problem when your arcane mage is the one getting face rage'd, cause none of the other dps will be able to get him off in a reasonable time.
    Last edited by Toas; 2011-07-01 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toas View Post
    Edit: Also, unrelated, but looking at your group comp, you may run into a similar problem with rageface as my group originally did. I'm admittedly unsure with hunters in 4.2, but can they reliably crit 30k+ on demand? If not, and your arcane mage is the only one who can do it (cause I know spriests can't and muti rogues probably need 4+ CP to do it), then you're gonna have a problem when your arcane mage is the one getting face rage'd, cause none of the other dps will be able to get him off in a reasonable time.
    We did a few tries on him last night and thankfully our mage got Rage Faced once and he died due to nobody being able to dish out that kind of damage. This is a problem I am afraid.

The only thing I can think of, is to burn Rageface first to Kill Shot range below 20% and chill all dps on him until someone gets Face Raged, then one of the hunters uses Kill Shot.

I hope the mage had iceblock on cooldown. You can iceblock it off and shouldn't die from Face Rage. Anyway, it requires one 30k attack (and you have 50% extra crit). This should be possible with normal 359 gear

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 08:46 AM ----------

Our guild brought Rageface and Riplimb down to 5% (ranged on rageface, but we have a very strong caster team so we had to relax on Rageface for a long time and have all DPS on Riplimb. This is why Rageface should be brought down first because the melee should never chase Rageface.), Shannox to 31/32% and then killed Rageface -> Riplimb -> Shannox
    Last edited by Snakebonzai!; 2011-07-01 at 08:47 AM.

Pure, Alliance Turalyon EU 8/8 25 HC

DPS'd the dogs down to 5%, DPS'd the boss down to 35%, killed dogs, lusted, killed boss. Easy's!

easiest way is to cheese it with 4-5 tanks, pref pallies

the way my guild did it was 2tank it, have the tank whos on riplimb tank as far away as possible from the boss without getting the debuff, so when he throws his spear by the time the dog gets back to the boss the stacks have fallen off the tank

without being able to taunt on this fight and not having 4-5 tanks it seems very frustrating, but this was the way we ended up doing, which i think is the "real" way bc im sure blizz doesnt want us 4-5 tanking shit again