Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I believe in the ToA or Eula that there is a rule against this kind of thing. And reading the faction change features, it isn't supposed to reset raid lock outs. I'd be very surprised if they don't get some sort of punishment.
    It falls under "obtaining a competitive advantage over other players" in the EULA. Or in other words, exploiting, which can oftentimes result in permanent account suspension based on the severity of the exploit taking place. The fact that these actions were premeditated won't help their case with Blizzard's customer support staff. You can say you were testing the encounters as much as you want, but the straight facts is you did something with the full intent on gaining a competitive advantage over other players and maximum punishment should be expected.
    Last edited by dascylus; 2011-07-01 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagmat View Post
    Boubouille, you are rapidly approaching your 8000th post. I wonder.. does anyone on this forum have more posts than you? And are you going to do anything to celebrate this momentous milestone?
    Elementium has more than him, quite a bit more actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    (Oh god I'm such a troll)

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Poor poor sport STARS

I had lots of respect for them in Yogg Zero

=(

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    elementium i think has about 11000

on topic though they didnt really cheat the game they just found a loophole blizzard cant do shit about.....

but on a side note grtz stars youve no pissed off vodka/paragon and all others who are up there.
    Err why couldn't blizzard do shit about it? Server transfers already prevent this. I believe in the US and EU faction transfers also do, it's just that they have some behind the times servers. I'm not 100% on that though. Either way, blizzard damn sure can do something about it. Aside from banning them if they felt inclined, they could also make sure that raid ids persist across all transfers.

Can't, won't, and haven't are 3 very different things.

15+ Year Old Account
    regardless of whether or not it's classed as cheating, the Boss is dead, 6 more for heroic to go across the world, will it last 6 months? nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Oznob View Post
    Did they or did they not get PTR inv? Truth on that needs to be clear.
    I thought it was said somewhere that TW players didn't even have acces to beta.

Anyway.. gz to them, I think it surprised some of the top guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    Err why couldn't blizzard do shit about it? Server transfers already prevent this. I believe in the US and EU faction transfers also do, it's just that they have some behind the times servers. I'm not 100% on that though. Either way, blizzard damn sure can do something about it. Aside from banning them if they felt inclined, they could also make sure that raid ids persist across all transfers.

Can't, won't, and haven't are 3 very different things.
    Yes, atm Faction transfers for US and EU realms do not wipe raid lockouts... otherwise this would have been happening back at the beginning of Cata. If you need proof, it's in their FAQ faction transfers.

"Will my raid IDs be reset following a Faction Change?
    Your pre-existing raid locks will not be removed or reset completely, but your character will be assigned appropriate raid IDs for those bosses you have already defeated earlier in the week"
    Last edited by dascylus; 2011-07-01 at 02:14 AM.

Grats 2 them! Shows some real dedication to transfer with your whole guild.

As far as im concerned fair kill! As they just did the fight.

We'll see what blizzard does soon enough!

Gogo Stars! They transferred factions and it reset their raids, it's just how things work. I don't think that Blizzard expected guilds to be working on heroics this early though, so I'm wondering how done the fights actually are. I hope they get to Heroic Rag soon!

Just gotta point out, if you supported Blizzard in allowing faction changes as something that doesn't give you an in game advantage, you can now eat your own words.

Grats Stars and good job on driving this point home as powerfully as it possibly can. Good luck on future bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by dascylus View Post
    It falls under "obtaining a competitive advantage over other players" in the EULA. Or in other words, exploiting, which can oftentimes result in permanent account suspension based on the severity of the exploit taking place. The fact that these actions were premeditated won't help their case with Blizzard's customer support staff. You can say you were testing the encounters as much as you want, but the straight facts is you did something with the full intent on gaining a competitive advantage over other players and maximum punishment should be expected.
    I pretty sure that rule apply to players under same realm or battlegroup, not across the world (or else US is always "obtaining a competitive advantage over UE players" same for the for UE and TW etc..., and people with high spec computers or high bandwidth connections are always "obtaining a competitive advantage over other players" who dont have)

Whaa non wow info n a wow site... how dear you bla bla fan boy bla

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    lol, thats why I think that the guilds that were 13/13 pre patch, should be able to get to HMs right away (this gray hat things wouldnt exist) :P
    This wouldn't do so well due to the fact that the US servers will be up well before EU so they'd get a huge headstart.

Good on stars i say, Fucking transfer the whole guild haha thats awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's not going to consider it exploiting if the exploit (faction transfers) just netted them $750+.

Sometimes I wonder if I am being silly for paying $15 every month to play a game.... Then someone does something that puts it all into perspective. These guys all really paid for a faction change just to get world firsts on one or two bosses? I may must buy a sparkling pony now...

Deleted
    just proves most people from asia are cheaters and gold sellers in wow, basically asiA Is bad for the wow community.

you want to bai some wow gold it cos 100 dorror im the guy from chitty wok off south park :P

Infracted.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-07-01 at 02:59 AM.

Fucking bullshit on the staff item drop rates.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiroRX View Post
    pissing other players off = less money.
    No. Blizzard knows that people will forget about this in less than 2 weeks. So no It doesn't matter, they paid, so they most likely wont get banned. No one will quit WoW due to ONE first kill that was only possible due to blizzard's policies. Come on, let's be logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftstryder View Post
    This wouldn't do so well due to the fact that the US servers will be up well before EU so they'd get a huge headstart.

Good on stars i say, Fucking transfer the whole guild haha thats awesome
    lol then start to count the first in absolute time (time since is the content is available until is down per server time)

WoW What a bunch of losers...