Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kill is a kill. No matter how you do it. Kill is a kill

a complete joke..

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    If you faction change in the US or the EU your raid ID won't get reset, which means that this is an error in design and/or "program bug".They didn't earn this kill as they used an exploit to get it.
    This is absolutely incorrect, any time I have faction changed my raid ID's are always reset. Lets try and keep misinformation to as little as possible.

ATTENTION EVERYONE: The future called and said that this and all other World of Warcraft World first kills, from the beginning of the game, until now and beyond, mean about as much as who won the 1982 World Tournament of Pac Man the arcade game, in the grand skeem of humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't blame Stars (Ofc I don't like what they did) They just used the faction change to reset their raid id. if anyone is to blame of this disadvantage is Blizzard for not thinking it through to be honest

Never has "Clever use of game mechanics" been more apt. Grats to stars.

Quote Originally Posted by parabol23 View Post
    I promise you they won't care, even if it's not acknowledged they'll know they had world 1st, and im sure they are quite proud lol
    Why would they be proud of such a thing. Being first implies that there is a competition of more than one. In this case there is no such thing. So, they came first while playing against...nobody. Hardly a thing to be proud of, and certainly not a competition.

Personally I do not care much about these "competitions" anyway, since they are unfair to the various guilds the way things are right now. Guilds don't get the chance to start playing at the same time since the patch is applied at different times at different zones, Some realms may have problems at the beginning of a patch or even for days or weeks after etc, and there are no specific rules, like players playing with just one character and not alts etc.

I don't think that this is an exploit but it is a wrong move at the same time, it is just unfair and out of the spirit of the "competition" of world firsts.
    Last edited by Drithien; 2011-07-01 at 02:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    Why would they be proud of such a thing. Being first implies that there is a competition of more than one. In this case there is no such thing. So, they came first while playing against...nobody. Hardly a thing to be proud of, and certainly not a competition.

Personally I do not care much about these "competitions" anyway, since they are unfair to the various guilds the way things are right now. Guilds don't get the chance to start playing at the same time since the patch is applied at different times at different zones, Some realms may have problems at the beginning of a patch or even for days or weeks after etc, and there are no specific rules, like players playing with just one character and not alts etc.

I don't think that this is an exploit but it is a wrong move at the same time, it is just unethical and out of the spirit of the "competition" of world firsts.
    Any guild could have done this, it's like paragon's kill on nef. They thought of it and got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanzina View Post
    Any guild could have done this, it's like paragon's kill on nef. They thought of it and got it.
    exept that they didn't pay real money for it, they just used class OP'ness.

Its clearly a not an intended thing since blizzard already fixed the thing about changing server/battlegroup to reset raid id. So since its clearly a bug it should be considered an exploit. Ofc u can call it clever use of game mechanic but since its an none intended thing (by blizzard) it should be called an exploit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightsamus View Post
    Blizzard's not going to consider it exploiting if the exploit (faction transfers) just netted them $750+.
    Yeah, because $750 matter soooo much to Blizzard...

Dude, you really think that if Blizzard thinks this is bad for the game they would say "oh but we made a few hundred bucks, we really need those dollars..."

Hilarious.

I don't see what all the fuss is about with stars, we'll just put an asterisk next to their name stating "used the faction transfer feature to clear their raid ID"

They could have pushed it even further by competioning with all the guilds in the world for the world firsts, but they decided to cut the opposition in half, therfore reducing their kills' recongnition.

But I can't blame them: I would probably have done the same thing if I had the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Paux_Like_Poe View Post
    Never has "Clever use of game mechanics" been more apt. Grats to stars.
    Don't be ignorant, microtransactions are not game mechanics. Using a paid service to gain access to something that should not be available until the next raiding week is not its intention. This is highlighted by several statements and actions by Blizzard:

• Paid services offer vanity, or otherwise non-advantageous bonuses for players. Anything that provides an in-game advantage to one player over another who doesn't pay for such a service is not offered by Blizzard. Assuming quite reasonably that this is still their view, faction changing to reset your raid lockout only be seen as a non-intentional violation of Blizzard's own policy, given it allows you to bypass the whole purpose of the raid lockout system.

• After Ensidia server transferred during Trial of the Grand Crusader progression, Blizzard changed it so that raid lockouts were no longer reset when doing so. This can only have been done to prevent more guilds from transferring to buy an additional fifty attempts.

• Stars were removed from the raid shortly after killing heroic Shannox, presumably after Blizzard noticed and realised what they were doing. If Blizzard thought this to be an acceptable way to behave, they would not have done anything.

• Blizzard also took down the Taiwanese Battle Net faction transfer system for 'emergency maintenance', it's far too much of a coincidence for this to not be related to what has happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    exept that they didn't pay real money for it, they just used class OP'ness.
    So what? Any guild could have used OP classes as well as any guild could have paid money.
    Kills are kills.
    People said they were "Bugging" or "exploiting it" How is this any different?

15+ Year Old Account
    There is a reason why blizzard has locked out stars of progression. They did not want this to happen.

though it is a legit kill so grats

awesome kill , gratz stars #1 guild get shit on paragon

---------- Post added 2011-06-30 at 11:55 PM ----------

ps : who ares about wow progress? guidox is way better

Quote Originally Posted by Khalkaroth View Post
    I don't see what all the fuss is about with stars, we'll just put an asterisk next to their name stating "used the faction transfer feature to clear their raid ID"

They could have pushed it even further by competioning with all the guilds in the world for the world firsts, but they decided to cut the opposition in half, therfore reducing their kills' recongnition.

But I can't blame them: I would probably have done the same thing if I had the guild.
    On one hand, it cost them a small fortune, so it paid off.

On the other hand, if Blizzard is okay with this, what stops them from putting an ingame Raid ID reset for XX bucks per person? Thats just not right IMO. It basically already is paying for getting in game advantage over the others, something old Blizzard didnt approve of at all.

Oh well, unless I see loot removed and several days of ban, I suspect we are heading towards more and more extra transactions for more basic stuff. Maybe next patch we will have to pay extra for getting inside the new raid?

Is it safe to say they BOUGHT a world first

XD mfw nobody cares that stars did it because they have always been the "good guys", yet when Adept did their 4 day raid camp the week togc came out and did the EXACT same thing (inspiring the raid id wipe upon server change rule) every keyboard warrior was waving their pitchforks in the air over it.

Anyway isnt the raid id clear on faction change there to stop both horde and alliance groups being inthe same instance at the same time?

Stars have basically shot themselves in the foot here. If they get world first rag, they cheated. If they don't they will forever be ridiculed as the guild who cheated and still couldn't win.

Deleted
    OK an HC kill is worth mentioning but truth to be told the firsts bosses of every new tier always go down quite fast even on HC, it's a matter of having your realm up and running and trying it first, even with 1 week in advance I wouldn't be surprise if STARS got stuck somewhere along the race and another US or EU guild pass them.