Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I can't see what's fun in doing a world first without competition. (And don't tell me there was competition.The only guild who had their raid reset was Stars.)

Pure, Alliance Turalyon EU 8/8 25 HC

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    Why do people still think Paragon tested content for Blizzard that wasn't open to everyone else? THAT WAS AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE. Don't believe me? Look at the original post, and then read the dungeon journal. You will realize that it isn't the fight the listed. Probably can't do that so here's the link: http://www.paragon.fi/articles/sneak...naros-firelord there you go.
    I don't go to Paragon's website, I'm speaking off what I've read off forums. Even if that is incorrect, it's nothing more than a bad example on my part. The fact still remains Blizzard creates these situations, does not test new content thoroughly enough, and spends their time working on useless things like new haircuts at the barbershop and /roar emotes than prevent these situations from happening. Those are facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafy View Post
    no it doesn't fall under that.
    the didn't gain advantage over other players without others being able to do the same.
    that means you can do the same.
    every guild can do the same.
    it's not exploiting, hacking, etc. w/e you want to call it.
    They can just simply say: "hey we just decided to change factions because we like X better than Y."
    Deal with it and stop crying.
    Pretty sure most of you didn't even down 2-3 bosses anyway...
    Actually it's arguable that nearly EVERY exploit could be repeatable by people other than the exploiters.

Archimonde Stump? Hey not an exploit. Everyone can do it!

Disgusting Oozelings? Again totally fine.

Pretty sure they all didn't accidentally change factions. At the same time. Then reformed and started raiding. It's an exploit and angrily lashing out won't change that.

the didn't gain advantage over other players without others being able to do the same.
    By that definition nothing would be exploiting, because if you can exploit something I can exploit it too. Every guild from #1 to #10000 knows you can reset your lockouts by transferring, the difference is that other guilds fight with honor while STARS chose to cheat and disqualify themselves from the T12 race. They should kick whoever made this decision, take a summer break, and hope to get some legitimate kills in T13 because honestly everything they do in T12 now will be tainted.

Saranite bombs anyone

Out of interest, what is Stars homepage? (stars-guild.com gives a 404, and google barely gives a correct hit)

Deleted
    Gratz Stars, if you can kill him then you earned it. Other people are just mad because they didn't think of it lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsu727 View Post
    I don't go to Paragon's website, I'm speaking off what I've read off forums. Even if that is incorrect, it's nothing more than a bad example on my part. The fact still remains Blizzard creates these situations, does not test new content thoroughly enough, and spends their time working on useless things like new haircuts at the barbershop and /roar emotes than prevent these situations from happening. Those are facts.
    What you misunderstand completely. It's not the same people who are putting those "useless" things in that are responsible for encounter design. Do you honestly believe that they benched people from Firelands design to make the new /roar emotes?!? Not everyone is Chris Metzen!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebonzai! View Post
    I can't see what's fun in doing a world first without competition. (And don't tell me there was competition.The only guild who had their raid reset was Stars.)
    Agree 100% to that!

To summarize all inputs here is.. you yourself decide wheter or not this is world fist.
    I personally dont count it since i am a "sportsman", but if any of you feel to consider it a world first thats fine.
    My guess is that the genral opinion is not world first. I hope they get their raid id reset and let into the game asap so they can clear normal mode and next wednesday can go on with heroic version again and set new world first if they manage that.

15+ Year Old Account
    One more proof that Asia rules the world
    GG to them, just for the concept !!!

Blizzard will never ban Stars before they race change back to horde, thats a plus ~750$ guys )

In my opinion it was wrong for them to do it. But, I feel they should not get banned for it. And it sounds like Blizzard stopped them from killing any more bosses anyway.

Deleted
    Only reason why you should care about this is because of the kill video will make no sense to you as it is all in TW.

Only thing you will see if a lot of swirly letters and some numbers, but that is about it.

But really, it might not be breaking any WoW rules, but fair play, wtf.

Honestly, who gives a crap, do you guys play the game to impress other people, or to have fun? If your answer is the first - you need to get a life, bigtime.

Quote Originally Posted by dascylus View Post
    It falls under "obtaining a competitive advantage over other players" in the EULA. Or in other words, exploiting, which can oftentimes result in permanent account suspension based on the severity of the exploit taking place. The fact that these actions were premeditated won't help their case with Blizzard's customer support staff. You can say you were testing the encounters as much as you want, but the straight facts is you did something with the full intent on gaining a competitive advantage over other players and maximum punishment should be expected.
    as much as i think what they did was idiotic. the only competitive advantage they had over other players is on a ranking table on 3rd party websites that track and stroke their epeens over this stuff. unless the server they are on is very competitive for server first kills, then they would have had an advantage over other players in game. however who knows.. people and guilds have been banned for less. mostly though permanent suspensions are only handed out to repeat offenders. or gold sellers.

so are they just gonna keep faction changing over and over to farm gear too when they get stuck on rag?

it's not exploiting, hacking, etc. w/e you want to call it.
    They can just simply say: "hey we just decided to change factions because we like X better than Y."
    Deal with it and stop crying.
    Pretty sure most of you didn't even down 2-3 bosses anyway...
    Exploits is pretty broadly defined as using something for something other than it's primary intention to gain an edge over others. Anyone with engineering could do saronite bomb trick. Anyone who knew how could do the yogg trick, Anyone could do the server-crashing fishing bug. These are all still clearly exploits.

It's a gray area, and it'll be defined by blizz soon enough I imagine.Some exploits are fine, Some are not. It's up to blizzard to decide whether it's allowable or not, not us.

Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    Eh, I don't believe they should get banned for it, but whoever considers it a world first (IN MY OPINION) is wrong. A world first should be with even playing grounds. If they got world first like this, does this mean that US guilds will always get world firsts over EU because they didn't even receive the patch yet?
    to be fair, STARS and other guilds in Asia had to wait a week or more later before they got patches a while ago, not sure if it`s still like that now, but regardless they always only had shots at the later, harder heroic bosses and killed them before guilds that had a very long time to practice.

so you could say that, in your opinion every other world first ever gotten is wrong, because STARS didn`t have an equal chance at those

but I do agree, I don`t think this should be allowed, but I don`t think it should not be counted either.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bug, it's a feature friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    Counts. Glad they took one from that other lame ass EU guild. Hope Method start pulling some world firsts soon.
    You sound mad bro